I really hope they did try and entice them!! But why not come out and let us users here know they have tried???

This sit and wait for something we should already have is not how you build a loyal customer base.
    No idea? They might be seen as weak in the public eye if they confess that, even after begging, the carriers still won't release the update. And that would go down a treat in the media's mind. Or maybe they don't care, who knows.
    03-11-14 06:31 PM
    Have BlackBerry phones ever perceived as consumers products in the US?
    Ya - they peaked at 22 million users in the fall of 2010 in the US. They're in the 4-5 million range now.
    03-11-14 06:54 PM
    Recent data from T-Mobile shows that 94% of Blackberry customers are not afraid of change.
    Don't believe the hype when the conditions of the "survey" are heavily biased in the direction intended by the survey "leaker".

03-11-14 07:22 PM
    Any idea of the breakdown by carrier in the US?

Ya - they peaked at 22 million users in the fall of 2010 in the US. They're in the 4-5 million range now.
    03-11-14 07:30 PM
    I think you have it all wrong. I think that BlackBerry cares about the US but the US carriers are just too convinced that the company is dead. Chen would love to focus on the US and fix the situation but BlackBerry is a global brand that is undergoing restructuring. He doesn't have the time to drop everything and focus on America.

Honestly, I have absolutely no idea what I would do if I was Chen to get US carriers back on board. A lot of people have ideas but they are far easier said than done. Something needs to happen quickly though. 2014 is going to be the most important year for the company.

Posted via CB10
    Omnitech likes this.
    03-11-14 07:41 PM
    Any idea of the breakdown by carrier in the US?

Alas no

Posted via CB10
    03-11-14 08:56 PM
    I hate to say this.
    When I got my Z10 a month ago, every single human being in my work environment told me: this is garbage.
    I love my phone and I will never buy a freaking Eva and Adam fruit.
    At the same time, I dont see or feel any help from BBRY carries. I think that they dont carr about US consumers and they might think its a dead end here.
    We dont see or listen any good nrws from US about BB. All news are for EU and Asia. Wtf.

Posted via CB10
    Well look at what T-Mobile did recently.. You'll quickly find out about how much the american carriers dislike blackberry. U.S. is the only country in the world that doesn't have 10.2.1 right now. Even though Verizon mysteriously leaked it the day before the launch then never again after that. Most people in the U.S. are stuck on 10.0 and 10.1.

If i lived in the U.S. I would be freaking out at the carriers everyday asking for the manager on their help lines, screaming at them for the damn updates. It's ridiculous. You are paying them monthly you deserve good service.

It's like going to a 5 star hotel and you get 1/2 star service. U.S. is slowly rolling out LTE when everyone has had it for years. It's garbage...
    Istvan Szabo likes this.
    03-11-14 11:03 PM
    I am sympathetic but I just do not think that the Z models are competitive in the USA consumer market. To get any kind of traction BlackBerry would have to sell at cost.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using CB Forums mobile app
    03-12-14 12:36 AM
    Even though Verizon mysteriously leaked it the day before the launch then never again after that.

Why do you keep repeating this fiction, over and over and over, despite being repeatedly corrected on it??

Read carefully:

Verizon has 10.2.1 out OFFICIALLY for the Z10.

Got that?

And no, nothing from them for the Q10 or Z30 yet, but once again Verizon has an OFFICIAL 10.2.1 release already pushed to their Z10 customers.

And it looks like they are on the verge of releasing it for the rest, very soon:

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...update-913895/
    03-12-14 02:16 AM
    Well look at what T-Mobile did recently.. You'll quickly find out about how much the american carriers dislike blackberry. U.S. is the only country in the world that doesn't have 10.2.1 right now. Even though Verizon mysteriously leaked it the day before the launch then never again after that. Most people in the U.S. are stuck on 10.0 and 10.1.

If i lived in the U.S. I would be freaking out at the carriers everyday asking for the manager on their help lines, screaming at them for the damn updates. It's ridiculous. You are paying them monthly you deserve good service.

It's like going to a 5 star hotel and you get 1/2 star service. U.S. is slowly rolling out LTE when everyone has had it for years. It's garbage...
    What carrier do you have?
    03-12-14 02:23 AM
    I seen that team Crackberry sent an open letter to Mr Chen about the update issue here in the USA.

Even if nothing becomes of it, at least we can say we tried as a collective group to try and resolve this issue. For that I am grateful to team Crackberry.

Posted via CB10
    03-12-14 05:06 AM
    Why do you keep repeating this fiction, over and over and over, despite being repeatedly corrected on it??

Read carefully:

Verizon has 10.2.1 out OFFICIALLY for the Z10.

Got that?

And no, nothing from them for the Q10 or Z30 yet, but once again Verizon has an OFFICIAL 10.2.1 release already pushed to their Z10 customers.

And it looks like they are on the verge of releasing it for the rest, very soon:

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...update-913895/
    I still hear Z10 owners from Verizon complaining.. So obviously it's not fully pushed never mind the Q10 and Z30 owners like you said.

I'm not fighting you but I am saying what is happening. Getting half of the Z10 base does not count as a pushed update in my opinion..

Didn't mean to rattle ye

But yes i do know about that 2174 update and I'm happy for them Americans..
    03-12-14 12:29 PM
    What carrier do you have?
    rogers
    03-12-14 12:29 PM
    Well, BlackBerry has an uphill battle...that's for sure. As long as the blackberry community sticks together, there is always going to be hope. I'm sure that a lot of people still care.

Posted via CB10
    03-12-14 12:52 PM
    Yeah, though it varies. Walk through an airport in Canada and you'll see a Blackberry 10 device fairly regularly. I see them on the subway in Toronto every morning. More iPhones and Galaxies without question, but I definitely don't experience the 'rare bird' phenomenon that many are in other countries.
    Contrary to popular belief (in Toronto)...............Toronto is not Canada and nothing happening in Toronto is indicative of what is going in the rest of the Country.

I bet there aren't but three other mayors in the rest of Canada smoking crack

BB phones are still a rare bird in my area and most of them are not BB10
    03-12-14 01:21 PM
    I still hear Z10 owners from Verizon complaining.. So obviously it's not fully pushed never mind the Q10 and Z30 owners like you said.

EVEN IF that were true, you'd still be a liar for claiming that no one in the USA has an official 10.2.1 release.

And it's not true, despite what sort of alleged "complaints" you hear from Verizon users. EVERY SINGLE VERIZON Z10 USER HAS BEEN OFFERED THIS UPDATE.

Now please stop misleading people, k?
    03-12-14 02:25 PM
    I think you have it all wrong. I think that BlackBerry cares about the US but the US carriers are just too convinced that the company is dead. Chen would love to focus on the US and fix the situation but BlackBerry is a global brand that is undergoing restructuring. He doesn't have the time to drop everything and focus on America.

Honestly, I have absolutely no idea what I would do if I was Chen to get US carriers back on board. A lot of people have ideas but they are far easier said than done. Something needs to happen quickly though. 2014 is going to be the most important year for the company.

Posted via CB10
    I don't necessarily disagree with your point, just wanted to offer a distinction. Us carriers were convinced of BlackBerry's death due to the lack of demand for BBOS and BB10 devices.

Consumers chose other OS's/ devices over BlackBerries at a time when they were readily available for in store and online purchase.

Doesn't mean that the company is dead, but anyone should be able to understand the reluctance to stock an item that's not selling.
    03-12-14 03:04 PM
    EVEN IF that were true, you'd still be a liar for claiming that no one in the USA has an official 10.2.1 release.

And it's not true, despite what sort of alleged "complaints" you hear from Verizon users. EVERY SINGLE VERIZON Z10 USER HAS BEEN OFFERED THIS UPDATE.

Now please stop misleading people, k?
    I just said that wasn't the case lol.. "all" doesn't mean some, it means every single Z10 user :P

My bad for over exaggerating "all" of the U.S. because it's true that some people with a Z10 on Verizon have the update but I am just proving a point.

why are your panties in a bunch?

You are a respected crackberry dude so I'm not going to go back and forth with you. I'm not commenting this thread again lol:P
    Last edited by khehl; 03-12-14 at 03:51 PM.
    03-12-14 03:17 PM
    People working at these stores are killing blackberry in the US... at verizon, AT&T, t-mobile, sprint. All sales associates tell u the same thing... Blackberry!?!?! "you don't want that" "they are going out of business" "these android phones are better" "iphone 5s iphone 5c" etc etc..... they aren't just hating on blackberry I've seen them talk down windows phones as well but not as bad as they do twards blackberry. I wish blackberry could do something to help with the these situations.

Posted via CB10
    If these sales reps are really killing off BB then what is BBRY doing about it? Are they countering those supposedly erroneous and damaging claims? Nope. So who really is to blame? If Apple or Samsung or even HTC were suffering from the same treatment, you can be sure that they wouldn't just sit back and do nothing and just keep whining about it.
    03-12-14 04:30 PM
    Why do the carriers need to push the update? Seems ridiculous to me. Apple can push whatever they want, when they want, without permission from Verizon, ATT, TMobile or Sprint. Does BBRY not have the technology to do so? Is it contract limitation that prohibits manufacturers to push OS updates?

Installing leaks is a weak response when very few people in the BlackBerry pool actually know where to find them let alone be comfortable enough to install them.
    03-12-14 05:20 PM
    Why do the carriers need to push the update? Seems ridiculous to me. Apple can push whatever they want, when they want, without permission from Verizon, ATT, TMobile or Sprint. Does BBRY not have the technology to do so? Is it contract limitation that prohibits manufacturers to push OS updates?

I have just posted a FAQ about this:

Why do wireless carriers control smartphone OS updates? (FAQ)
    Troy Tiscareno likes this.
    03-12-14 06:57 PM
    BlackBerry has a tough road ahead of them to gain market share in the US. Better to stabilize the bleeding from the Enterprise market and get some cash coming in thru the door. Once they do that I think you will see them go after the US consumer .And that will depend only if they want to still supply phones to the consumer market world wide.
    03-12-14 07:08 PM
    Recent data from T-Mobile shows that 94% of Blackberry customers are not afraid of change.
    Be careful with your data analysis: 94% of the people who carried in Blackberries to take advantage of the promotion chose a different OS. How many Blackberry owners did not take advantage of the promotion?
    Omnitech likes this.
    03-12-14 07:28 PM
    I think most trades were old curves and bolds in a drawer somewhere and people used it for a new phone. The fact is if your US customer like myself buy directly from BlackBerry. BlackBerry needs to make the phones cheap for US until momentum is built. BlackBerry will send out update as they come. Get a good carrier Verizon second would be ATT. Relying on a carrier that needs to have wifi calling to work in many location will keep you imprisoned. Myself I'm screwed with tmobile wifi app. My home does not work well with any carrier, I'm backed up to a wooded location and screwed with all carriers. It makes owning a blackberry almost impossible waiting a year for ota update to have wifi calling.

Posted via CB10
    03-12-14 07:41 PM
    Be careful with your data analysis: 94% of the people who carried in Blackberries to take advantage of the promotion chose a different OS. How many Blackberry owners did not take advantage of the promotion?

Yes, and considering the various roadblocks T-Mobile put in the way for people who actually went-in wanting to upgrade to a BlackBerry, that figure is awfully suspect.

Someone pointed out earlier today that they even posted that number before the promo was over, then "leaked" it. Yeah, right.

My take: they tried to pull a sleaze move with their attack promo trying to get BB users to switch to iPhone, Chen took umbrage at it (as he should, carriers shouldn't be targeting their own vendors to try to steal their customers), then Legere & Co. got all b*tthurt about it and started looking for ways to take potshots at BBRY.
    03-12-14 07:46 PM
95 1234