People working at these stores are killing blackberry in the US... at verizon, AT&T, t-mobile, sprint. All sales associates tell u the same thing... Blackberry!?!?! "you don't want that" "they are going out of business" "these android phones are better" "iphone 5s iphone 5c" etc etc..... they aren't just hating on blackberry I've seen them talk down windows phones as well but not as bad as they do twards blackberry. I wish blackberry could do something to help with the these situations.

Posted via CB10
    Well, for what it's worth, a little different view. I have both Verizon and AT&T BlackBerry phones (for business and personal uses). I have been in to both Verizon and AT&T stores fairly often for different things, and I can truthfully say that the people at both places have never put down BlackBerry or tried to steer me to something else. They have always been courteous and helpful and respectful of my choice of phones. In fact, the Verizon store I visit most often has a Z10, a Z30 and a Q10 on prominent display and the sales people seem knowledgeable about them. Same at the AT&T store (except, of course for the Z30 which they don't have yet).
    shaleem likes this.
    03-11-14 08:03 AM
    I think that it is so crazy that in over a year I have yet to see anyone with a Blackberry 10 phone. I have a Z10 and most people have never seen one. I've only seen Blackberry OS7
    03-11-14 08:10 AM
    Well, according with friends that lives in London ans Switzerland, BlackBerry is huge there, not here.

I meant: does BlackBerry really wants to regain consumers in US or they just gave up?

Posted via CB10
    USA is 315 millions people in a 7 billions people's planet.
    Should I care of them?
    They can try to impose their rules ditching BlackBerry for iPhone cuz it's "made in usa" but I don't care about them.
    They think they rule the world but they don't. China is leading now.
    USA is behind Europe in terms of "opinions cared about".

If I were BlackBerry CEO, I would ditch all blackberry relationship with USA and focus myself to more open-minded countries. Let them be hacked with their iPhone.
    goku_vegeta and Andy_bb_king like this.
    03-11-14 08:28 AM
    I am from the USA and I have a z10 and z30 which I paid top dollar for. As a consumer I would at least expect Blackberry and/or the carrier to tell us when we can expect to see the 10.2.1.537 update the rest of the world already has? I don't want to hear that's it's all the carriers fault here, that's a bunch of BS. Both Blackberry and the Carriers signed those agreements to sell and support their products, so it's BOTH their fault, period.

Don't tell folks to install leaks and/or buy some foreign sim card to get something they should already have. The main real reason is I honestly believe the carriers here in the USA want NOTHING to do with Blackberry any more? I can live with that, as long as someone comes out and tells us what the hell is going on and so far based on what I have seen the past six months here in the USA, neither Blackberry and/or the carriers want to accept responsibility of continued support for us loyal users here.

With that in mind, it makes it very difficult to try and sell someone a product that everyone here thinks is out of business because of the lack of advertising, support and customer service. Makes me wonder why they are in their current position, poor management, lack of vision and complacency, self infected wounds plain and simple.
    The blame here goes solely to the carrier. Why else has the majority of the world gotten the 10.2.1 update.

Posted via CB10
    brout likes this.
    03-11-14 08:30 AM
    The blame here goes solely to the carrier. Why else has the majority of the world gotten the 10.2.1 update.

Posted via CB10
    Both parties are to blame, why hasn't blackberry inquired about the delays by the carriers here??? They can at least help do something?

The attitude of pushing everything off on the carriers is what's got them to where they currently at here in the USA!

My opinion means nothing anyways, the consumer here has already spoken and it shows in their current market share!!!!

Sent from using CB Forum App
    03-11-14 08:36 AM
    Both parties are to blame, why hasn't blackberry inquired about the delays by the carriers here??? They can at least help do something?

The attitude of pushing everything off on the carriers is what's got them to where they currently at here in the USA!

My opinion means nothing anyways, the consumer here has already spoken and it shows in their current market share!!!!

They can inquire as much as they like, but really if the carrier won't release it until they choose to - what can they do? It's good enough for everyone else but not good enough for them (the US carriers)? That's just ridiculous
    brout and heepman like this.
    03-11-14 08:49 AM
    USA is 315 millions people in a 7 billions people's planet.
    Should I care of them?
    They can try to impose their rules ditching BlackBerry for iPhone cuz it's "made in usa" but I don't care about them.
    They think they rule the world but they don't. China is leading now.
    USA is behind Europe in terms of "opinions cared about".

If I were BlackBerry CEO, I would ditch all blackberry relationship with USA and focus myself to more open-minded countries. Let them be hacked with their iPhone.
    I sure as hell hope people like you are NOT running BlackBerry at this present time. The the USA is still a huge consumer products revenue stream.

Apple, Samsung, HTC have figured out what devices the consumer here wants and have make billions by providing them, why hasn't Blackberry???? Instead they fell in complacently and lost their lack of vision for what the consumer wanted.

China market!!! Ya right, I have been there and the average worker only makes enough to survive, let alone any disposable income for high end phones?

I am still loyal to the brand, but I still want to see change on how Blackberry is going to provide support and products into the future for the consumer here???

They need to be better then their competition on all fronts if they want to lure users back to the brand.

Last edited by bakron1; 03-11-14 at 09:51 AM.
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    03-11-14 09:12 AM
    Does Blackberry really cares about US consumers?
    Does US consumers care about Blackberry would be my question.
    03-11-14 09:28 AM
    The OP's question is legitimate. I have a very hard time believing BlackBerry cares about the US market share or its current US customers.

Posted via CB10
    What exactly would you have then do. They are trying to stop haemorrhaging market share. The best way to do that right now is get people locked into bes10. They released the bb10. Most Americans were into there iPhone or Android. Mostly android. So after hiens put the for sale sign up. (worst mistake). That really frightened people who wants to buy a phone from a company that might not exist. So the have to right the ship. So it's not the BlackBerry doesn't carry. It is your carrier that want to make money BlackBerry is not making them lots of money. So they don't carry not BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    03-11-14 09:48 AM
    Well, for what it's worth, a little different view. I have both Verizon and AT&T BlackBerry phones (for business and personal uses). I have been in to both Verizon and AT&T stores fairly often for different things, and I can truthfully say that the people at both places have never put down BlackBerry or tried to steer me to something else. They have always been courteous and helpful and respectful of my choice of phones. In fact, the Verizon store I visit most often has a Z10, a Z30 and a Q10 on prominent display and the sales people seem knowledgeable about them. Same at the AT&T store (except, of course for the Z30 which they don't have yet).
    My experience has been much the same. The AT&T rep that I dealt with actually had a Z10 and really enjoyed it. As much as so many want to believe that there is, there is no conspiracy against BlackBerry in the US. BlackBerry created their own problems here by refusing to accept that the market was changing. Now, I've been hearing the "BlackBerry is dead" thing for years. It is most assuredly not dead.

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    03-11-14 09:57 AM
    I just wish AT&T would release 10.2.

Posted via CB10 on my Q10
    03-11-14 10:34 AM
    The answer to that for the majority of US consumers is complicated by many factors including:
    RIM missed the boat technologically
    BBOS7 should have never happened at that point it should have been 10
    Late to the US on the software side (carrier issue mainly)
    Uneducated carrier reps with personal agendas........
    Launching with the Z10 instead of the Z30
    All said I don't know if I could have done any better, because I don't know what obstacles they were facing through each of these stages.
    All that said I LOVE BlackBerry and my Z10(of course I am running 10.2.1.xxxx)
    03-11-14 10:56 AM
    The answer to that for the majority of US consumers is complicated by many factors including:
    RIM missed the boat technologically
    BBOS7 should have never happened at that point it should have been 10
    Late to the US on the software side (carrier issue mainly)
    Uneducated carrier reps with personal agendas........
    Launching with the Z10 instead of the Z30
    All said I don't know if I could have done any better, because I don't know what obstacles they were facing through each of these stages.
    All that said I LOVE BlackBerry and my Z10(of course I am running 10.2.1.xxxx)
    To that list I would add, BBRY launching BB10 with OS 10.0 instead of 10.2.1

Posted via CB10 from my spectacular Z10
    red72 likes this.
    03-11-14 11:00 AM
    With all due respect, Blackberry is a business. Businesses don't get warm fuzzy feelings for their customers inside. Blackberry only care for those who make or have potential to make them money.

This is, unfortunately, not the United States for Blackberry, ATM.
    richardat likes this.
    03-11-14 11:28 AM
    Yuppers, they gotta shoot where the ducks are flying. Right now they're not flying in the United States.
    03-11-14 12:44 PM
    Yuppers, they gotta shoot where the ducks are flying. Right now they're not flying in the United States.
    Where are they flying?
    richardat likes this.
    03-11-14 02:27 PM
    From what I've read on crackberry it would seem as though advertising in the US would be pretty pointless. Why waste money trying to convince the US that they are 'still here' when they can use that money to sell phones in the countries that already know. It seems those from the US think they are the most important people on the planet and the world wide trend setters. Please
    Istvan Szabo likes this.
    03-11-14 02:33 PM
    Where are they flying?
    UAE, South Africa, etc.
    03-11-14 02:58 PM
    From what I've read on crackberry it would seem as though advertising in the US would be pretty pointless. Why waste money trying to convince the US that they are 'still here' when they can use that money to sell phones in the countries that already know. It seems those from the US think they are the most important people on the planet and the world wide trend setters. Please
    We Americans don't think we are better then anyone else and we don't expect special treatment.

We do expect to get the support we paid for when we shelled out top dollar for the products!!!!

03-11-14 03:19 PM
    Apple and Android at this point have won the war..... The US market is currently locked down by them until they too fall... ( which will happen.... remember when not one could touch IBM??)..... I suggest to the OP ... just enjoy you phone... show the naysayers what it can do... as long as BB offers after sales support I am unsure what you are missing....
    03-11-14 04:20 PM
    We Americans don't think we are better then anyone else and we don't expect special treatment.

We do expect to get the support we paid for when we shelled out top dollar for the products!!!!

A lot of Americans have a superiority complex, it's obvious when you read/hear how they respond to comments. For example, you think BlackBerry should make the US carriers release the update just because you don't have it yet? Blackberry have done their job, it is up to the carrier to push it to the customers. Why should blackberry phone your carrier and ask them why you don't have your update? Do you deserve special treatment? Fyi , android do the same in that they push the updates to the carriers, who then push it to the customers. It is a normal process, only apple do it themselves.
    Istvan Szabo likes this.
    03-11-14 04:34 PM
    Was mesnt for the guy who said bbry users were affraid of change

You didn't read the comment did you?
    94 % of bbry users on tmobile that took advantage of the promotion for upgrade for a new phone including new BB10s

Still chose other platforms
    Vs 6% which upgraded to bb10

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    03-11-14 04:44 PM
    A lot of Americans have a superiority complex, it's obvious when you read/hear how they respond to comments. For example, you think BlackBerry should make the US carriers release the update just because you don't have it yet? Blackberry have done their job, it is up to the carrier to push it to the customers. Why should blackberry phone your carrier and ask them why you don't have your update? Do you deserve special treatment? Fyi , android do the same in that they push the updates to the carriers, who then push it to the customers. It is a normal process, only apple do it themselves.
    In my view, BlackBerry does have an interest in seeing the US carriers release 10.2.1 software update. This update has fixes and adds features not yet available on those running 10.1

Android can afford to have its customers wait, as its OS is more mature and feature complete. Unfortunately BlackBerry does not have the same luxury as BB10 is still a young OS. So the lack of an software update impacts its customers a lot more.

BBRY needs to do what it can to keep its remaining US customers happy with their devices. If it means talking to the carriers and offering whatever technical expertise it can to get those updates released faster, then they must be prepared to do so. They need to do this as these customers be the most likely to buy the next flagship device when it comes out.

03-11-14 05:13 PM
    In my view, BlackBerry does have an interest in seeing the US carriers release 10.2.1 software update. This update has fixes and adds features not yet available on those running 10.1

Android can afford to have its customers wait, as its OS is more mature and feature complete. Unfortunately BlackBerry does not have the same luxury as BB10 is still a young OS. So the lack of an software update impacts its customers a lot more.

BBRY needs to do what it can to keep its remaining US customers happy with their devices. If it means talking to the carriers and offering whatever technical expertise it can to get those updates released faster, then they must be prepared to do so. They need to do this as these customers be the most likely to buy the next flagship device when it comes out.

I agree that the updates need to be released asap, but the lack of interest from the US carriers is not blackberry's fault. Has anyone considered that maybe blackberry has tried to entice them already?
    03-11-14 05:49 PM
    I agree that the updates need to be released asap, but the lack of interest from the US carriers is not blackberry's fault. Has anyone considered that maybe blackberry has tried to entice them already?
    I really hope they did try and entice them!! But why not come out and let us users here know they have tried???

This sit and wait for something we should already have is not how you build a loyal customer base.

03-11-14 06:00 PM
95 1234