Does blackberry messenger work across different models of blackberrys? My friend and I both tried to add each other on messenger by using the pins but after a week neither of us has received each others request.
    Any thoughts on why this would be the case? We have different model blackberrys, does that make a difference
    05-10-09 12:31 PM
    The PIN number has to be exact. If it's incorrect it will not go through. The easiest way to Email someone your PIN is to compose a message or Email to that person, type the words "mypin" w/out the quotes, then the Space Bar immediately after.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-10-09 12:41 PM
    Yeah, to add to the post above, make sure to use upper case letters when adding someone.

Quick question... How are you adding each other? When in BBM, press Menu>>Add Contact. It will take you to your address book, go to "Use Once," press Menu and select "Request by PIN.

Also, it doesn't matter what models are being used to communicate through BBM.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-10-09 12:49 PM
    Basically the above posts are right. You're better off adding your friends PIN to his contact address, and then requesting through PIN and selecting the name from the address book. If it doesn't work the first time keep trying. And make sure your friend has an active data plan.
    05-10-09 01:21 PM
    Basically the above posts are right. You're better off adding your friends PIN to his contact address, and then requesting through PIN and selecting the name from the address book. If it doesn't work the first time keep trying. And make sure your friend has an active data plan.
    I've added my friends pin to the contact address and requested it that way. I have tried it two or three times and it still doesn't work. I am sure pin is correct.
    Also, we both have active data plans
    05-10-09 07:40 PM
    Here is a guide to make sure you are going about it correctly. It can be confusing the first time Lecture 8: How To Use BlackBerry Messenger | CrackBerry.com

Good luck
    05-10-09 07:51 PM
    Any model, can be communicated with any other model.
    05-11-09 12:40 AM
    hmm, thanks for the suggestions, but I still cannot get it to work. I have tried everything suggested here.
    05-15-09 04:16 PM
    r u on any data plan or BIS or BES?

if ur using BES n e other person is using BIS,BBM may not work as it my be restricted due to policy reasons (as BES is a company/establishment's type of BB internet connection).this was explained to me here in CB thx to all the geniuses!

wht happened to my fren n i was tht she's on BES n am on BIS. she received my invitation, accepted it and all i get in reply was "RemoveOnDelivery,SurpressSaveInSentItems".
    05-31-09 09:31 AM
    I send messages to my friend with a storm all day long.
    06-01-09 07:34 PM
    Hi all...I'm new to BlackBerry as well. I used BBM with my friend without any problem until I started using more internet with the phone. In the beginning, BBM would show my friend's status as "busy" or "unavailable" when he's obviously NOT (I called to check) and restored after a while and randomly started the cycle again. After I unlocked my phone and switched from Verizon to T-mobile...now BBM just won't see my friend as "available" anymore. I tired deleting him and re-adding, it just kept "waiting for Authorization" and I never get my friend's request to add either...what's up with that? Need help, please!!!
    01-13-11 11:43 PM
    hmm, thanks for the suggestions, but I still cannot get it to work. I have tried everything suggested here.
    I was just about to reply to this when I looked at it again and noticed it was from May 2009! Pulled from the CB graveyard this one! Wonder if the OP was ever able to add his friend...

Hi all...I'm new to BlackBerry as well. I used BBM with my friend without any problem until I started using more internet with the phone. In the beginning, BBM would show my friend's status as "busy" or "unavailable" when he's obviously NOT (I called to check) and restored after a while and randomly started the cycle again. After I unlocked my phone and switched from Verizon to T-mobile...now BBM just won't see my friend as "available" anymore. I tired deleting him and re-adding, it just kept "waiting for Authorization" and I never get my friend's request to add either...what's up with that? Need help, please!!!
    Do you have an active BIS data plan on your device? Are you able to send and receive PIN messages (not BBM, PIN messages)?
    01-14-11 08:33 AM
    I was just about to reply to this when I looked at it again and noticed it was from May 2009! Pulled from the CB graveyard this one!
    At least someone used the search function..LOL. Yes, they necro'd an old thread, but kudos for searching!!!!
    01-14-11 08:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD