02-06-13 08:14 PM
57 123
tools
    I do think there are barriers to entry in the U.S. market, but you can't prove anything. But that's the name of the game and Canada and other countries have their favourites too that sometimes receive preferential treatment which creates competitive barriers. Once again, you can't prove anything and as a company you need to be hyper competitive and aggressive to win... there's nothing else you can do but be excellent and find a way to win over consumers. I believe BB is laser focused on doing this in the days to come)
    02-05-13 05:39 PM
    Re: subject line query

If they did not rescind that law buy u.s.a. buy american I'm sure they are being discriminated against by some .... at the very least by those u.s. senators and upper level reps of the HSA (?) that blame terrorists and power outages on Canada even after the facts have been rolled out imho
    02-05-13 06:37 PM
    About 25% of the people in this country couldn't even tell you where Canada is because that's just American culture. Even my fiance would take 5 seconds to respond, "isn't that the country to the north?"
    02-05-13 06:48 PM
    Whitecaps; I hear what you are saying, but I say move the whole thing to Singapore. California State income tax (marginal 13% on top of US of ~37% + medicare, not to mention sales tax) are just confiscatory now and only going in 1 direction - personally I think that will squeeze the life out of silicon valley eventually.
    02-06-13 07:10 PM
    About 25% of the people in this country couldn't even tell you where Canada is because that's just American culture. Even my fiance would take 5 seconds to respond, "isn't that the country to the north?"
    Our favorite pastime is unwarranted American Bashing...it's small country syndrome. So one our common tactics is to say: look at the Americans...they know NOTHING about us! Shows how stupid an uneducated they are! Of course, what they ignore is that most Canadians know Very LITTLE ABOUT their OWN country! In fact, most Canadians know much more about the US than they do Canada! Why? Our great teacher....TV and media is US dominant. Sure, we know "more" than Americans, from our own experiences of living here, and a few distant memories from Social Studies 10... but It makes sense, that neither peoples would know much about Canada, and indeed, our knowledge reflects that.

I find Canadians far more jingoistic, unkind, and unfair to our neighbors. Again, we are, as a nation, insecure. The jealous little brother. I find Americans don't engage in nearly the level of bashing that we do...not even close...as you say, they don't even think about us for the most part! lol.
    Admorris likes this.
    02-06-13 08:10 PM
    I've been to Canda wouldn't have guessed it was a different country if I wasn't given Canadian currency as change when I pay with dollars
    richardat likes this.
    02-06-13 08:12 PM
    Lol no need to throw shots @ yourself & your significant other.
    02-06-13 08:14 PM
57 123