Canadian media is negative because they just follow whatever they hear within the US media it makes me sick when I read a Canadian media outlet with a negative article on blackberry. I understand everyone is entitled to their own opinion but I mean show some support being part or the media they should understand that a negative article true or not can have a huge effect on public opinion (at least for those who choose not to make up their own minds and believe everything they read )
    Seriously? What is the alternative?...lie about the product because it's from Canada? Come on

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
    02-05-13 07:26 AM
    No.

As a previous poster said, Americans readily buy Samsung devices (made in Korea). We also buy Apple products (home base is here in the the US, but devices are manufactured by poor 11 y/o's in China. See? We're a a global-minded people. LOL!)
    02-05-13 07:29 AM
    Just to add my 5 cents ( we candian discontinues the penny), its who you grease the palm.
    Look at Apple they greased the analyst and and the US media.
    Then went straight to the teens.
    If thats a BIG if, i would go to Samsung NOT Apple for a smartphone
    02-05-13 07:48 AM
    Most peoples impression of BlackBerry is based on the devices that they have seen or used in the last few years... Some refuse to believe it but they were WAY behind in comparison to what Android and Apple had. As for discrimination or conspiring among the media...
    02-05-13 08:31 AM
    some people believe this but i doubt it. Most people dont know where the stuff they are buying is from. I don't really think the media cares either. You make a good product you get good reviews. You only bring your C game and you will get called on it. Just the way it is.
    I have to agree with Matt on this one. Most people didn't know BlackBerry was RIM let alone where the company originates.
    The Canadian media was as hard or harder on them the past 2 years. No support in anyway, not even App support for the most part.
    And finally, this has been discussed to death. Brighter days are ahead so lets continue to discuss the positives and the pros and cons of the new BlackBerry and its products.
    02-05-13 08:53 AM
    Yes because Samsung is doing horribly in the US with Smartphones due to discrimination on anything from a company not Murican!
    randall2580 and aniym like this.
    02-05-13 09:08 AM
    I believe my Chevy Equinox was built in Ontario. I had a Firebird that was built in Quebec. Thanks to NAFTA do we really have boarders any more for goods?

One of the great things about living in this country is we generally get to see some of the best of what the world has to offer. Generally speaking - I buy the best I can afford whatever that is.

And as I was corrected once by a client in Mexico - in the end, aren't we all Americans? (North, South, Central - does it really matter any more?)
    02-05-13 09:31 AM
    some people believe this but i doubt it. Most people dont know where the stuff they are buying is from. I dont really think the media cares either. You make a good product you get good reviews. You only bring your C game and you will get called on it. Just the way it is.
    Yeah let's not make this a nationality conversation, because all companies are asian....they all have the same parts, from the same poopy place in Thailand, the same underage kids put it all together.

The reason BB gets bad love has nothing to do with Canada, even some Canadians don't know BB is Canadian. BB simply has been stagnant. Stop trying to gaslight yourself or other people. BB has done nearly nothing in the past 2 years, barely anything in the past 5. Whereas, look at the iphone when it first came out, it wasn't that great, but every year it made leaps and bounds to get where it is now. In front of such speedy advancement, it almost looks as though BB has been standing still
    02-05-13 09:38 AM
    No, simply because most Americans are shocked when they find out that BlackBerry isn't American.
    02-05-13 09:41 AM
    Yeah let's not make this a nationality conversation, because all companies are asian....they all have the same parts, from the same poopy place in Thailand, the same underage kids put it all together.

The reason BB gets bad love has nothing to do with Canada, even some Canadians don't know BB is Canadian. BB simply has been stagnant. Stop trying to gaslight yourself or other people. BB has done nearly nothing in the past 2 years, barely anything in the past 5. Whereas, look at the iphone when it first came out, it wasn't that great, but every year it made leaps and bounds to get where it is now. In front of such speedy advancement, it almost looks as though BB has been standing still
    I agree with most of what you said, but no the part on the iPhone. The thing iPhone has going for it is that it really started the touchscreen market and developed a legion of fans based on that. Besides a couple minor hardware changes over the years, the iPhone has done nothing revolutionary, much less evolutionary since its initial release. If the iphone were making an initial release today in its current state, it would be a flop of epic proportions.

02-05-13 09:44 AM
    But......but I like Canadians.
    02-05-13 09:46 AM
    I agree with most of what you said, but no the part on the iPhone. The thing iPhone has going for it is that it really started the touchscreen market and developed a legion of fans based on that. Besides a couple minor hardware changes over the years, the iPhone has done nothing revolutionary, much less evolutionary since its initial release. If the iphone were making an initial release today in its current state, it would be a flop of epic proportions.

Yep, the thing that makes the iPhone is developers.
    02-05-13 09:50 AM
    I think americans would rather support a canadian company over a korean or chinese company.
    02-05-13 09:50 AM
    Jesus...one thing that might be true is the paranoia of other countries. You don't think that your news is paid off? The thing with apple is that they make a solid product. Boring, in my opinion, but solid. If blackberry was in Apple's position you'd all be singing a different tune. There are "sheep" on the entire spectrum
    Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express
    02-05-13 10:48 AM
    I really don't think so. We love Canada! It's America' hat for Pete's sake!

All teasing aside I seriously doubt this makes any difference. Sure there are some who might not like BB because they're not a US based company but I think they are few and far between. As to the media? Follow the money.
    02-05-13 11:28 AM
    this is what i dont understand. stupid post like this doesn't get labeled as a troll because no where does he complaint about bb. once someone complaint anything about bb its labeled a troll.

the irony is bb fans complaint about isheep, but i see the exact same crap here. too many illogical user ruining this board. it is slowly turning into a joke board of you can only love BB or else gtfo
    02-05-13 01:07 PM
    Honestly.....what people think about my communication device means NOTHING to me.
    I don't pay any attention to people so I wouldn't even acknowledge stares...etc
    It's not a status symbol people.....c'mon.....That logic is shallow to me.
    IF iphone users were to picket outside where i live...I would laugh and close the shades.
    02-05-13 01:29 PM
    US carriers want total control over BB10 options and that's one of the reasons why it's delays in the states. Just think about development mode that allows sideloading apps outside of app store - US carriers don't wan't that.
    02-05-13 01:34 PM
    I'm sorry did you say Rasberry Pi is illegal in the US? Not a bit true.
    I know, but the newer version is not because its not approved by fcc. it was made for the chinese market but still I don't know why its illegal.

http://www.raspberrypi.org/archives/3195
    02-05-13 01:36 PM
    US carriers want total control over BB10 options and that's one of the reasons why it's delays in the states. Just think about development mode that allows side loading apps outside of app store - US carriers don't wan't that.
    Why would they care if you can sideload? The only thing they want consumers to do is consume - data. We can install apps from BB World via Wifi without consuming data.
    02-05-13 02:19 PM
    US carriers want total control over BB10 options and that's one of the reasons why it's delays in the states. Just think about development mode that allows sideloading apps outside of app store - US carriers don't wan't that.
    Indeed, the evil hivemind of AT&T and Verizon would never allow for a phone having the following feature:
    Does BlackBerry get discriminated in the US because it's a Canadian company?-unknown-sources.png

except they do, on every Android phone they sell.
    02-05-13 02:34 PM
    I don't think most Americans even know that BlackBerry is a Canadian company. I've never heard anyone say bad things about Canada, to be honest. I think most people here think of Canada as our nice, quiet neighbor up north.
    richardat likes this.
    02-05-13 02:53 PM
    The rest of you trolls can kiss my Black a**.
    Not to speak for the trolls just myself, but I'll pass, thanks.
    02-05-13 03:19 PM
    Indeed, the evil hivemind of AT&T and Verizon would never allow for a phone having the following feature:

except they do, on every Android phone they sell.
    You are aware that for the longest time AT&T actively blocked sideloading apps on Android devices? It wasn't until consumers, extremely bad publicity, and the threat of a class action lawsuit swayed AT&T otherwise.

Verizon also actively blocked users from downloading free tethering apps in the Android marketplace until FCC smacked them back down to earth through a technicality.

Dont underestimate the greed of the carriers, and dont forget that BlackBerry has long bowed to the pressure of US carriers to push their own services, many of which are preloaded and the only way to circumvent them was to use tools that stripped them out the OS and then flash it. Brings back some nostalgia of doing that to my 9000 and 9530 i had lol
    02-05-13 03:50 PM
    I think that RIM doesn't get respect --- not because it is a Canadian high tech company --- but because it is east coast high tech company. RIM would have been similarly disrespected if they were based in New York or Boston.
    Fionn likes this.
    02-05-13 03:52 PM
57 123