I feel like BlackBerry is being bullied by the big carriers and a lot of medias give negative reviews.... it seems like they don't want BB to succeed in the States... Is it because BB a Canadian company?
    kingb71 likes this.
    02-05-13 12:17 AM
    some people believe this but i doubt it. Most people dont know where the stuff they are buying is from. I dont really think the media cares either. You make a good product you get good reviews. You only bring your C game and you will get called on it. Just the way it is.
    02-05-13 12:19 AM
    This is an old issue. Top media is involved with Apple thats true! Making anything apple appear like news is effecting marketing. If current trends continue we may see the tables turn.
    Things like having the BBZ10 commercial "yanked" yesterday don't help with this perception!
    kingb71 likes this.
    02-05-13 12:22 AM
    I'd be more inclined to believe you if the Canadian media weren't as negative, if not more negative towards BlackBerry than the American media.
    02-05-13 12:25 AM
    I don't think so, OP. Samsung's Korean and doing MUCH better than Motorola Mobility (which is an American OEM running an "American" OS.)
    kbz1960 likes this.
    02-05-13 12:28 AM
    Well on the Business news today in Canada, word is that now the major carriers in the US are competing to get the new Z10. Not sure why they dragged their feet. Word is ATT may be the first to. get the Z10.
    02-05-13 12:30 AM
    Canadian media is negative because they just follow whatever they hear within the US media it makes me sick when I read a Canadian media outlet with a negative article on blackberry. I understand everyone is entitled to their own opinion but I mean show some support being part of the media they should understand that a negative article true or not can have a huge effect on public opinion (at least for those who choose not to make up their own minds and believe everything they read )
    Last edited by DPanacci; 02-05-13 at 11:36 AM.
    Dapper37 and anon(1005582) like this.
    02-05-13 12:31 AM
    Well on the Business news today in Canada, word is that now the major carriers in the US are competing to get the new Z10. Not sure why they dragged their feet. Word is ATT may be the first to. get the Z10.
    That would be hilarious if it's true.
    02-05-13 12:31 AM
    is the paid news in america legal ??
    i think apple does a lot of it.
    02-05-13 12:36 AM
    is the paid news in america legal ??
    i think apple does a lot of it.
    u mean like free iphone for reviewers? BB did the same by giving free Z10s to ppl who attended the launch party
    02-05-13 12:40 AM
    I believe its not just blackberry, its any non american company, take the vita for example it was released before chrismas outside the us and released until march, the rasberry pi has a different model not approved by the fcc so it illegal here but not in china, and so on...
    02-05-13 12:44 AM
    They may have underestimated BB's BB10 but when sales start to look really good in the UK and Canada, they realize the potential and now make a grab for it.

I was watching BNN this morning and one of the BNN correspondence was a major iPhone supporter (it was so obvious even to his fellow anchor sitting across from him; her face showed clearly what she was thinking about his actions, lol). He brought up a statement that I hear being overused by those with similar logic to him: All current BB users are with BB only because they like the physical keyboard, but trends are now people are jumping to all-touch; that's why BB will continue to decline beyond saving (...and he keeps raising his iPhone up and down with each point he makes - basically inferring that this is what people want now, not some has been). He even went as far as saying that BB is only there for people (like him) to smirk at people who pull out their BB. So my point is that there are still many investors and media out there who still think that BB is old school and what they have now won't last for more than the end of the year. I believe they are underestimating a real potential here. There are some analysts (few in number) who are beginning to see this potential BB offers. BB does still have a strong chance to succeed but their footing for the rest of the year and years after need to be carefully placed. But I'm no financial/business analyst and my thoughts may simply be naive. However, I really wish BB to succeed just to prove these people wrong (...and see their regrets).
    02-05-13 12:55 AM
    No! Not any more than Mercedes, Audi, BMW, Justin Bieber, Celin Dion, Toyota, Honda, Nissan, Rolex.

Also, high aspirational products tend to transcend small minds.
    alan510 likes this.
    02-05-13 01:05 AM
    Silicon Valley has no respect for BBRY; BBRY's lack of presence there is a slight against those who believe that all things good in the technology world are derived south of San Francisco -- where they spend their time. So BBRY are outsiders and are treated poorly because of it - and always will be. On the positive side, we get to buy cheap stock under a cloud of negativity if we can "hold our heads when all around us are losing theirs", and eventually make filthy money.
    Jake2826 likes this.
    02-05-13 01:23 AM
    I believe its not just blackberry, its any non american company, take the vita for example it was released before chrismas outside the us and released until march, the rasberry pi has a different model not approved by the fcc so it illegal here but not in china, and so on...
    I'm sorry did you say Rasberry Pi is illegal in the US? Not a bit true.
    02-05-13 02:39 AM
    well here in waterloo, until the z10, having an iphone was "cool" and having a blackberry was ironically uncool. So its not just there
    02-05-13 02:59 AM
    People are stupid. The Romans knew it. The Mob, they called it. Feed people bs, and they will thank you, if you spin it just right.

The iphone bandwagon is losing ground....fast....and the "coolness" factor is waning. BB is making a comeback....showing innovation...creativity....commitment.....and the Apple supporters dont like it.

It's gonna be a tough fight....but in the end, bb will rule once again.

The rest of you trolls can kiss my Black a**.
    02-05-13 03:12 AM
    u mean like free iphone for reviewers? BB did the same by giving free Z10s to ppl who attended the launch party
    no i mean paying reviewers to appreciate their product.....endorsing them in news kind of stuff !!
    02-05-13 03:21 AM
    I don't think the average American knows that BlackBerry is Canadian, just like the average American doesn't know that Samsung is Korean.

But I do agree that BlackBerry needs a better reputation and presence is Silicon Valley.
    Dapper37, Wiltunscir and jegs2 like this.
    02-05-13 03:25 AM
    Canada has nothing to do with it. When user is looking for a new mobile device, they are not saying when they walk into Verizon, ATT, Sprint or T-Mobile, I want an American Phone, or I want a Koren phone. The so called "discrimination" was a result of no compelling hardware or OS until the Z10.
    When the Z10 is finally available on American shores you will see them flying of the shelves, not because it's Canadian, but because of pent up demand and finally modern day hardware and OS.
    02-05-13 04:19 AM
    Yes, all Americans discriminate against Canadians. Keeps your Molson and Labatt's out of here.
    What a stupid thread.
    raino and aniym like this.
    02-05-13 05:40 AM
    Silicon Valley has no respect for BBRY; BBRY's lack of presence there is a slight against those who believe that all things good in the technology world are derived south of San Francisco -- where they spend their time. So BBRY are outsiders and are treated poorly because of it - and always will be. On the positive side, we get to buy cheap stock under a cloud of negativity if we can "hold our heads when all around us are losing theirs", and eventually make filthy money.
    This is what I fear exactly... BB need to move their operation to Silicon Valley as well..
    02-05-13 05:49 AM
    I'd be more inclined to believe you if the Canadian media weren't as negative, if not more negative towards BlackBerry than the American media.
    Dude - that's the Canadian way! Americans cheer for Americans to succeed, Canadians sneer at Canadians who succeed.

Not always, but often enough
    02-05-13 05:55 AM
    This is what I fear exactly... BB need to move their operation to Silicon Valley as well..

They have a few offices in Silicon valley. A QUIET PRESENCE
    02-05-13 05:59 AM
    I feel like BlackBerry is being bullied by the big carriers and a lot of medias give negative reviews.... it seems like they don't want BB to succeed in the States... Is it because BB a Canadian company?
    No way. Now they might be this way to BB right now but it is not due to BB being from Canada.

Tim

Sent from my BlackBerry 9850
    02-05-13 06:18 AM
57 123