Take control of your memory: On your phone. On your card. In the cloud.

SanDisk Memory Zone offers you more memory management functionality than any other application available for the Android? phone.

SanDisk Memory Zone puts you in complete control. Manage and backup both your local and cloud memory with one free app. Move files back and forth from your memory card to select cloud services, or from the cloud directly to your phone. Cloud services supported: Box, Dropbox, Google Docs, Picasa, SugarSync, SkyDrive and Facebook.
    Improve the performance of your phone in seconds by moving files from your phone?s internal memory to your memory card. Do we have an app for this?

Posted via CB10
    04-29-13 03:04 PM
    Why do you ask?

Posted via CB10
    04-29-13 03:06 PM
    PlayCloud10 should do just about all of the cloud transfer, as well as give you a few other options and features as well.
    04-29-13 03:07 PM
    I thought we had a couple of apps that did this? In the playbook there was files and folders. There's also playcloud. Those two supports quite a large number of cloud storage solution.

We also have the native file manager though it only supports box.net and Dropbox but the integration is great.

Also there's a good chance I can sideload that app to my phone you are talking about to my phone.

Posted via CB10
    04-29-13 03:12 PM
    The reason I ask is that I want to do this on my Z10 and I don't think it's capable of doing this function.

Posted via CB10
    04-29-13 03:21 PM
    Playcloud supports many cloud based services. Looks like a good app.

I use Dropbox though so I haven't needed to use an app, the phone already does it.

What exactly are you needing to do?

Posted via CB10
    04-29-13 03:45 PM
    Mainly arrange, move and rename files. I noticed you can't rename pics in the file folders.

Posted via CB10
    04-29-13 04:02 PM
    Mainly arrange, move and rename files. I noticed you can't rename pics in the file folders.

Posted via CB10
    Yes you can. Select the file and hit the rename glyph in the file manager. Pretty much the same in Dropbox.

Posted via CB10
    04-29-13 04:50 PM
    Huhhm so I watched a video of the app in action as I was curious of its implementation. While I do think it has some nice features; the back up option sounds great and the making files private is pretty neat, I would say that overall the implementation on the native file manager is better.

It seems that you have much more control over your files with the native file manager. For instance you can select exactly where and what folder you want the files to be. In this app, I saw that you really can't choose the location, just that it will upload it to the selected storage solution.

I'm basing this only on the video I watched though so correct me if I'm wrong.

Posted via CB10
    04-29-13 08:56 PM
    You're not wrong. The native file manager is awesome.

Posted via CB10
    04-29-13 09:18 PM
    My BlackBerry can do better then that, I can copy/move things directly to my hard drive on my computer, from wherever I want in the world.

Posted via CB10
    04-29-13 09:41 PM
    My BlackBerry can do better then that, I can copy/move things directly to my hard drive on my computer, from wherever I want in the world.

Posted via CB10
    Please explain.

Posted via CB10
    04-29-13 09:47 PM
    Please explain.

Posted via CB10
    BlackBerry OS10.1, it's simply fantastic. You can set it so you can access any folders that you choose on your computer, actually up to 10 computers. All you have to do is have BlackBerry Link open on the computer and then you use file manager to access your hard drive.

You can move things, copy, open, edit, create folders. It's great.

Posted via CB10
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    04-29-13 09:59 PM
    Please explain.

Posted via CB10
    BB10.1 has improved the file manager. Your BB10 phone can simultaneously be threaded into its local device memory as well as your sd memory AND your PC hard drive (or multiple PC's ) at home!
    You can pull or push files to and from your PC via wifi or cell network! How cool is that?
    Each PC is identified in your BB phone's file manager by its machine name and YOU determine how much of your PC is exposed (as in which folders get used).
    Depending on the connection, you can even stream music and video. I streamed music very successfully and a 1080p video file (that was choppy at times, but streamed with very good clarity-not recommended, but a fun test).
    I also took a picture using my phone and placed it directly into the "my pictures" folder on my PC over LTE straight from my Z10-from several miles away - awesome.
    04-29-13 10:15 PM
    I'll take my personal hard drive over the cloud any day. The cloud is sooo yesterday! Lol.

Posted via CB10
    04-30-13 02:40 AM