I need to receive text messages quicker then the the average Joe where I work. By getting them faster I am one step ahead in my line of work. Our main server sends out a text message to any service you have(tmobile cingular, etc). I currently own a Motorola V360. If a text message is sent to my
    Motorola and at the same time sent to the BB, will the BB get the text sooner?
    Is the time just a second or two or possibly 10 or more seconds, which could make a world of difference.

Thanks for help
    02-15-08 10:44 PM
    No one can really say! You just have to test it...
    02-15-08 11:19 PM
    No one can really say! You just have to test it...
    Thanks, however I have been told by a friend that the BB has what they call "push " technology that helps it get the text msg quicker. Has anybody compared speeds between a normal run of the mill cell phone and the BB, when it comes to receiving a text or email?

Thanks
    02-16-08 07:41 AM
    Push technology was for email only, I thought...
    02-16-08 09:04 AM
    I have friends that have regular cells, pda's and sidekicks and when we text conversations every reply is quick
    02-16-08 12:44 PM
    Push technology was for email only, I thought...
    You are correct. I have a BB, and a Blackjack as well as a RAZOR (Don't ask why so many), and i just did a test from some free messaging website. The BB got it like a second faster, but everything else came the same time.

It's dependent on your service provider and your signal. Obviously, if someone has a Service Provider with little reception in your building, they will get it slower than someone with full reception.
    02-16-08 01:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD