I get everyone is upset but if BB10 just wasn't going to work properly on the PlayBook, what do you expect them to do? Release it anyway? I want BB10 on my PlayBook as much as everyone else and I was expecting it since we were told it was coming. But, I also understand that the hardware just wasn't going to support it and you know what? I get that. The hardware is from 2011!

I believe that when Thor said it was coming, he really did think it would work on the hardware. But when they actually got to the testing phase, they discovered that the hardware was just not going to support it properly. And I'm also sure that for them to redo BB10 and dumb it down to work on the PlayBook would have involved too much work and resources. Then all those people with Z10s, like myself, would be asking why is it taking so long to get the features we want on our Z10s... well, it would be because the BlackBerry engineers are working on a failed product from 2011 that they make no money on lose money on.

I'm a bit upset but you know what this also means? It means that our Z10s have a high performance OS, hence why it can't run on the PlayBook. This performance is why I use my Z10 for pretty much everything now. Where I used to go to my laptop to do certain things, I can now do them from my Z10. Need to Zip a file and email it? I can do that right from my device! Remote file access, yes! And so on.
    ^ what this guy said. I don't why everyone is taking things so personally, like Thor is sitting there laughing at us and giving us the finger. Things change people...seriously, who actually thought bb10 would function properly on the PB? They COULD push it to PB but then even more people will whine about how terrible it is and how BlackBerry dropped the ball again. Best to abandon it now since it didn't sell well to begin with. Heck, most people got them at bargain basement fire sale prices.

Btw, two 64gb PB's in our house

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    06-29-13 11:19 AM
    the point I was trying to make is they told us it was coming. Not maybe - but that it was. I felt there was no contrition in his comments and to drop this on a quarterly earnings call demonstrates that the company places moderate priority on investors and none on consumers. Simply put, BB has lost me over this, no one minds if someone tries and fails and feels bad about it - people mind when someone tries, fails and then acts like it was your fault to ever expecdt them to keep their word
    06-29-13 11:21 AM
    Oops, double post
    06-29-13 11:21 AM
    the best way from him to demonstrate that he is not laughing at us and giving us the finger would have been to say that he was very sorry and run a limited com's plan directed at playbook owners detailing what to expect in an update.
    06-29-13 11:24 AM
    Haha just another cry baby who thinks they can get something for free . Get over it already. If they could have made it work they would have . It would only have been positive for them to do it. Don't you think they would have wanted the revenue from BB WORLD? Don't you think they would have wanted to STOP selling the PB as a loss. ? Get over it. If playbook wasn't up to par from you from day one then that's your problem. You could have returned it. Product life cycle is over on it. End of story. Wipe your tears away and pull up your big girl pants!!!! Go complain how apple and google give your info to the government to spy on you.. Now that's screwing people over ... Boohoo
    _dimi_ likes this.
    06-29-13 11:25 AM
    What are we speaking of. PlayBook has no juice to move forward. If it's the stock performance., he did say close too break even. That's what it was. Expectations were to high by the markets. Its a long process. We shall see in 2 to 3 more quarters to get a better read.

Posted via CB10
    BergerKing likes this.
    06-29-13 11:26 AM
    the point I was trying to make is they told us it was coming. Not maybe - but that it was. I felt there was no contrition in his comments and to drop this on a quarterly earnings call demonstrates that the company places moderate priority on investors and none on consumers. Simply put, BB has lost me over this, no one minds if someone tries and fails and feels bad about it - people mind when someone tries, fails and then acts like it was your fault to ever expecdt them to keep their word
    We were also told we would be able to play video files from our BlackBerry phone via the PlayBook. That never happened either.

Posted via CB10
    06-29-13 11:28 AM
    with respect in my post I indicated I would have been happy to pay for it. What I regret is getting a z10 for myself personally and beginning the process of migrating 11 people who work for me over to a playbook lte z10 or q10 combo. I am not crying either, I am trying to decide if apple or android is the way to go (one guy still wants windows phones sigh). I am sad however to see how far a once great canadian company has fallen. Really a shame, and if the earnings are to be believed potentially devastaing to the KW community over the medium term
    06-29-13 11:29 AM
    I am sure so many things can go wrong when there is a new software. But isnt that in the testing phase before the final product is shipped out towards the market?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900
    06-29-13 11:30 AM
    ^ what this guy said. I don't why everyone is taking things so personally, like Thor is sitting there laughing at us and giving us the finger. Things change people...seriously, who actually thought bb10 would function properly on the PB? They COULD push it to PB but then even more people will whine about how terrible it is and how BlackBerry dropped the ball again. Best to abandon it now since it didn't sell well to begin with. Heck, most people got them at bargain basement fire sale prices.
    I agree how many people would complain and bittcch about it if it didn't work properly.. Hey everyone wants something for free. it was what it was. People should have returned it from the start if it didn't meet their needs at the time. Eos

Btw, two 64gb PB's in our house

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    06-29-13 11:31 AM
    Haha just another cry baby who thinks they can get something for free . Get over it already. If they could have made it work they would have . It would only have been positive for them to do it. Don't you think they would have wanted the revenue from BB WORLD? Don't you think they would have wanted to STOP selling the PB as a loss. ? Get over it. If playbook wasn't up to par from you from day one then that's your problem. You could have returned it. Product life cycle is over on it. End of story. Wipe your tears away and pull up your big girl pants!!!! Go complain how apple and google give your info to the government to spy on you.. Now that's screwing people over ... Boohoo
    Be interesting to see who is crying a year from now.
    Cynycl, imz, kevinnugent and 1 others like this.
    06-29-13 11:33 AM
    Too funny!
    I didn't realize reality was that funny.
    06-29-13 11:43 AM
    Be interesting to see who is crying a year from now.
    He guys we should get BB to update all the 9990 to bb10 and every BB phone made lol.. This isn't a conspericy it all comes down to common sense end of story. There is 30 reasons why BB would have done I of they could . They had nothing but pure gain to do it. If people can't understand that then I'm sorry. Blackberry has gained nothing for not doing it
    ... They believed they could do it at the time and that's EOS.
    06-29-13 11:44 AM
    I would also like to know how dumb a device will need to be to be able to communicate with this software of the future. If they can't make it work on their own hardware or even bridge to it properly FFS, how the hell will they pull off their glorious future.

To me this alone is proof that this company is selling yesterday tech with new lipstick.

Pay no attention to the liar behind the screen Dorothy
    kbz1960, JeepBB and dannykavs like this.
    06-29-13 11:47 AM
    Let's see IF BB put BB10 on the playbook

BENIFETS : BBWORLD revenue, higher selling price on playbooks to stop the loss on them, more BB10 exposure for free from people who do not have a BB10 phone.

NON BENIFETS: 1000's of angry people,bad press from cry babies, they save a few million dollars...

Yep BB screwed PB owners .. They made out ahead guys.. All you pissed off PB owners that have it all figured out .. You got it guys.. the big conspiracy is over BB saved a few million dollars lmao
    bekkay and Thunderbuck like this.
    06-29-13 11:49 AM
    Let's see IF BB put BB10 on the playbook

BENIFETS : BBWORLD revenue, higher selling price on playbooks to stop the loss on them, more BB10 exposure for free from people who do not have a BB10 phone.

NON BENIFETS: 1000's of angry people,bad press from cry babies, they save a few million dollars...

Yep BB screwed PB owners .. They made out ahead guys.. All you pissed off PB owners that have it all figured out .. You got it guys.. the big conspiracy is over BB saved a few million dollars lmao
    Too bad it isn't only the pb fiasco. It's years of the same old bs that lead up to it and it was just the straw that broke the back. I'm sure they'll do fine without some of their biggest fans as I see they are gaining more.
    bekkay, Magnesus and dannykavs like this.
    06-29-13 11:56 AM
    Nobody is upset that the PB can't run bb10. Do you not get that? They are upset they were effectively told by the one person who you would expect not to make comments that they could not substantiate, that it was coming and then made purchases or took action based on that commitment. They are upset that coming soon means nothing more than, "who knows, but it's too early for a definite no" they are upset that they supported the company which has now made them feel like their lowest priority. The fact (if it's true) that the PB can't run BB10, is barely a factor at all to most.

Over promise and under deliver? You're doing it wrong.
    Cynycl, kbz1960, bekkay and 9 others like this.
    06-29-13 11:58 AM
    Too bad it isn't only the pb fiasco. It's years of the same old bs that lead up to it and it was just the straw that broke the back. I'm sure they'll do fine without some of their biggest fans as I see they are gaining more.
    I do agree with you 200 percent. It is ashame but that being said this is a new company now run by new people. Other companies have issues too. Look at apple. I have been screwed over by them a dozen times .. Been screwed over on my iPhone 4, my 2008 MacBook pro Which caught on fire.. Lol no joke and they told me I spilled juice on it? Really? I don't even drink juice lol.. Did I get ripped off on the ebooks I bought ? Yupppp .. That being said I just bought an iPad. It is what it is.. Every company has failures.
    06-29-13 12:04 PM
    Nobody is upset that the PB can't run bb10. Do you not get that? They are upset they were effectively told by the one person who you would expect not to make comments that they could not substantiate, that it was coming and then made purchases or took action based on that commitment. They are upset that coming soon means nothing more than, "who knows, but it's too early for a definite no" they are upset that they supported the company which has now made them feel like their lowest priority. The fact (if it's true) that the PB can't run BB10, is barely a factor at all to most.

Over promise and under deliver? You're doing it wrong.

No what I don't think you get is the fact that they obviously thought they could do it.. Get it? Understand ? Like I stated if they could have they would have . They had nothing but pure gain to do it and nothing but issues by not doing it. Understand ?
    alan510 likes this.
    06-29-13 12:07 PM
    He guys we should get BB to update all the 9990 to bb10 and every BB phone made lol.. This isn't a conspericy it all comes down to common sense end of story. There is 30 reasons why BB would have done I of they could . They had nothing but pure gain to do it. If people can't understand that then I'm sorry. Blackberry has gained nothing for not doing it
    ... They believed they could do it at the time and that's EOS.
    Stop whining and posting drivel. BlackBerry failed. The Playbook was a disaster from the get go.
    You sound like you are somehow attached to them. Do you work for BlackBerry?
    Magnesus, mikeo007 and parapep10 like this.
    06-29-13 12:08 PM
    none, the company is done, they pushed away their most rabid (and only) fans. Its a matter of time before it is broken up and sold for scrap. If you own a home in kw - sell now.
    Yes - that's it. All 72 million customers canceled service yesterday. They racked up billions in debt yesterday and spent all their cash buying pet rocks.

God, some of you people make the silliest comments. I get that you're frustrated that a device (which was an economic failure) isn't getting an update, but cmon ...
    brout and Thunderbuck like this.
    06-29-13 12:10 PM
    Haha it's the same old rim with a new CEO. Same bs they've done for years delays, missed targets, on and on.

Don't care about the pb or bb10 for it. But they knew full well it would never get it, yet lead people to believe it would to slip them into a z or q.

You can say other companies have done the same thing but there are devices with less powerful hardware that still get os updates.

End of the day a 6 device company is grasping at straws to make a buck. Problem is its 4 phones too many. They can learn the hard way, in a niche market they will continue to drop in all areas.

They need another management shakeup because its clearly not working. Start at the pr/marketing it's the first thing that should have a serious overhaul.
    CairnsRock and henrymei2005 like this.
    they apparently can't update the PB OS either.

I understand that screams leadership in the tech world.

UNDERSTAND?????
    kbz1960, Magnesus and JeepBB like this.
    Absolutely none left! Either they did not care for us as customers or they are incompetent to program a proper mobile OS. Both leaves no other choice than let them go down on that bumby road alone from now on...
    http://forums.crackberry.com/attachm...ckingtruth.jpg
    Android still runs slow with quad core and 2gb ram....

Talking about Android 4.x

Sent from my BlackBerry 10 smartphone using CB10
    06-29-13 12:11 PM
    The thread is about BB's credibility. They have none.

It matters not what other companies are doing this thread is about Rimberry. Keep defending lies if you feel the need but back it up with Rimberry specifics.... if you can
    06-29-13 12:15 PM
228 1234 ...