As I sit here thinking about how Thorsten has pretty much given us the finger, I am wondering how much credibility they can really have with us these days. Look back at the fiasco with Storm. Look at the quality issues with the Tour. Look at all the hype and promises of the Playbook and how it was even released without key functions. Look at all the delays with the Z10 and Q10. Now we are finding that Thorsten is not who he has presented himself as and is pretty much giving us the finger. How much more trust should we have left in this company??
    anon(4044683) likes this.
    06-29-13 10:09 AM
    Absolutely none. But I'm still going to buy a Q10!
    06-29-13 10:12 AM
    I wouldn't be another failed phone.
    06-29-13 10:12 AM
    At the end of the day, I love my Q10 and the Q10 user interface. Why does it matter what the market think?

Maybe it's because as a developer, I have a different perspective. What I feel is missing, I can build it.
    06-29-13 10:16 AM
    Tons, they have have released every BES 10 version on time. They are becoming more social with their BlackBerry 10 updates etc, etc.

Posted via CB10
    OmarVlogable and Thunderbuck like this.
    06-29-13 10:17 AM
    Absolutely none left! Either they did not care for us as customers or they are incompetent to program a proper mobile OS. Both leaves no other choice than let them go down on that bumby road alone from now on...
    06-29-13 10:19 AM
    Tons, they have have released every BES 10 version on time. They are becoming more social with their BlackBerry 10 updates etc, etc.

Posted via CB10
    Too funny!
    bekkay likes this.
    06-29-13 10:20 AM
    Does BB Have Any Credibility Left??-36507249.jpg

This is pretty much what Thorsten is telling is these days....
    06-29-13 10:23 AM
    My Z10 is the best device going. Remember they forked out a lot of $$$ and they have lot's left. Of course there will be some glitches as BlackBerry is the only company who released a totally new OS. Nasdaq speculators love f'ng over Canadian Company's. Worse case scenario, they get bought out. But, the BlackBerry isn't going away anytime soon.

Posted via CB10
    06-29-13 10:24 AM
    > Of course there will be some glitches

Are you serious?? Storm fiasco, Tour quality, Playbook hype and release without key features and broken promises and all the Z10 and Q10 delays.... You call these "some glitches"??
    06-29-13 10:28 AM
    The Z10 is an amazing device, and I love it.

But as far as BB's credibility goes, they have completely lost it as far as I am concerned.
    06-29-13 10:31 AM

But as far as BB's credibility goes, they have completely lost it as far as I am concerned.
    Agreed on both counts. Not that credibility was ever high.

Via CB 10. Bits C000C6078 for news, science, and technology links.
    hf199 likes this.
    06-29-13 10:40 AM

I'm with you on this - I love the Z10 and the Q10 - but I have lost a lot of respect for BBRY because of this. Just not acceptable.
    NotGoodIMO, pims and anon(4044683) like this.
    06-29-13 10:43 AM
    none, the company is done, they pushed away their most rabid (and only) fans. Its a matter of time before it is broken up and sold for scrap. If you own a home in kw - sell now.
    06-29-13 10:44 AM
    Just look at his! My current phone, Nokia N9 with 33 apps running parallel! (1GHz and 1GB)
    Btw: it is from 2011! Their excuse is so redicilous!
    Last edited by kraschute; 06-29-13 at 05:28 PM.
    06-29-13 10:47 AM
    The question is no longer if BB has credibility left, it is whether BB will be left.
    06-29-13 10:49 AM
    I get everyone is upset but if BB10 just wasn't going to work properly on the PlayBook, what do you expect them to do? Release it anyway? I want BB10 on my PlayBook as much as everyone else and I was expecting it since we were told it was coming. But, I also understand that the hardware just wasn't going to support it and you know what? I get that. The hardware is from 2011!

I believe that when Thor said it was coming, he really did think it would work on the hardware. But when they actually got to the testing phase, they discovered that the hardware was just not going to support it properly. And I'm also sure that for them to redo BB10 and dumb it down to work on the PlayBook would have involved too much work and resources. Then all those people with Z10s, like myself, would be asking why is it taking so long to get the features we want on our Z10s... well, it would be because the BlackBerry engineers are working on a failed product from 2011 that they make no money on lose money on.

I'm a bit upset but you know what this also means? It means that our Z10s have a high performance OS, hence why it can't run on the PlayBook. This performance is why I use my Z10 for pretty much everything now. Where I used to go to my laptop to do certain things, I can now do them from my Z10. Need to Zip a file and email it? I can do that right from my device! Remote file access, yes! And so on.
    06-29-13 10:50 AM
    Come to think of it, CB was probably lied to by blackberry as well which with regards to instagram (which led to that overconfident post abt).
    06-29-13 10:52 AM
    It is the way they told us that makes me so mad. They demonstrated no respect for us and to be blunt I feel like I was conned into buying a z10 (which is just ok - not good - or great) as I wanted an integrated non apple tablet phone solution on a common ecosystem. As a canadian I also wanted to support bb.

I feel the company lied to push out pb inventory and drive sales of the z10, If they had at least come out and said, - we tried, we couldn't get it to work to our standards but this is what we are doing in the form of a pb update and we are sorry- I would be fine with that. Or if they said that it would be a paid update I would be fine with that too -as I suspect most people would be. As it stands Heins has said clearly that he has no regard for any of us and really may be a spy from apple sent to destroy and bb fanbase left
    alieannie and victorshikhman like this.
    06-29-13 10:53 AM
    If they had at least come out and said, - we tried, we couldn't get it to work to our standards but this is what we are doing in the form of a pb update and we are sorry- I would be fine with that. Or if they said that it would be a paid update I would be fine with that too -as I suspect most people would be. As it stands Heins has said clearly that he has no regard for any of us and really may be a spy from apple sent to destroy and bb fanbase left
    Actually, Thor said the reason was that the PlayBook did not deliver the experience he was expecting. Hence the decision to not release it. I hope we can get our hands on the beta though. I'd love to try it.

Also, they said that the PlayBook OS would still be supported in terms of getting some updates. As far as what, I think they learned their lesson to not say anything.
    hf199 likes this.
    06-29-13 11:00 AM
    Why should BlackBerry focus or the PlayBook and how do you imagine they'll make a profit from it?
    06-29-13 11:02 AM
    They better support the PB with more upgrades. It's our right as consumers who purchased this hardware. Especially when you're promoting BB10 to it and now it can't be done. And all those BB customers who bought it recently along with other legacy owners of PB should not be forgotten.
    06-29-13 11:07 AM
    I get everyone is upset but if BB10 just wasn't going to work properly on the PlayBook, what do you expect them to do? Release it anyway? I want BB10 on my PlayBook as much as everyone else and I was expecting it since we were told it was coming. But, I also understand that the hardware just wasn't going to support it and you know what? I get that. The hardware is from 2011!

I believe that when Thor said it was coming, he really did think it would work on the hardware. But when they actually got to the testing phase, they discovered that the hardware was just not going to support it properly. And I'm also sure that for them to redo BB10 and dumb it down to work on the PlayBook would have involved too much work and resources. Then all those people with Z10s, like myself, would be asking why is it taking so long to get the features we want on our Z10s... well, it would be because the BlackBerry engineers are working on a failed product from 2011 that they make no money on lose money on.
    And you're a belieber? Poor Thor, probably only found out yesterday by himself...that's why they were so silent the last 2 month. I tell you what: The decision to axe PB was made 2 month ago!
    victorshikhman likes this.
    06-29-13 11:09 AM
    the point I was trying to make is they told us it was coming. Not maybe - but that it was. I felt there was no contrition in his comments and to drop this on a quarterly earnings call demonstrates that the company places moderate priority on investors and none on consumers. Simply put, BB has lost me over this, no one minds if someone tries and fails and feels bad about it - people mind when someone tries, fails and then acts like it was your fault to ever expecdt them to keep their word
    06-29-13 11:11 AM
    Why should BlackBerry focus or the PlayBook and how do you imagine they'll make a profit from it?
    It shouldn't be their focus but they should keep their word. Other companies seem to be able to scale their OS to work, granted maybe with some missing new features or options. How would they profit from it? By having satisfied customers that buy their products and recommend them. Wasn't word of mouth the way they want to push the devices?

Have they lost credibility? Certainly with some customers, probably more so with long time customers who are tired of always waiting and waiting for something that never happens.
    bekkay, JeepBB and Teeceman like this.
    06-29-13 11:17 AM
228 123 ...