I think it would be a safe bet to say they wont. If you look at Google's actions against RIM in the past 2 years they have not been very friendly, & this lastest "winter cleaning" where Google went after EVERYONE not using Android shows their current egotistical Apple-esk mindset right now.

Google, what ever happened to "don't be evil"??
    So should they support Microsoft version of syncing email and leave the open source version out?? Pay licensing fees or pay nothing? There is a difference from being evil to being smart. You can say the same thing about RIM in the last 4 years. Sell the PB for 600 bucks and then drop the prices a few months later and not give the first time buyer any sort of discounts or refunds. Or selling phones that cant be upgraded ever to the next newest OS.
    Unlike RIM or Microsoft or Apple, Google is not nickel and dime'in you out of money to use their services. This paranoia that Google is the only company that uses user data to make products is comical. Every company does it and RIM is not immune to it.
    12-16-12 11:54 AM
    If RIM removes the block on signing into a Google account on Android apps and allows side loading in the official builds on BB10, that's all we need to solve this dilemma. We don't actually need Google's approval to side load and run its applications on BB10 unofficially, we need RIM to allow the installation of applications from unknown sources (possibly in developer mode) , ...at least for a short amount of time after launch?
    You do need permission to use those apps. Not software side, but server side. You think Google doesnt know that the Playbook has several unreleased Google Apps that are using its servers?
    12-16-12 12:00 PM
    Google has said that they will go where the users are, which is why their primary support is towards Android & iOS.

While Google has recently pulled out support for EAS (Exchange Active Sync), this is across the board but doesn't affect corporate/education institutions that are paying for it. On the flipside, Google is pushing the open (web) standards CalDAV and CardDAV which is supported by Android and iOS. If BB10 is the pro-HTML5 OS that it's been touted to be all this time, it will support those standards as well as EAS for the corporate people.
    anon(257429) likes this.
    12-16-12 01:00 PM
    PlayBook and BB10 already support CalDav and CardDav.
    12-16-12 01:05 PM
    A little paraphrase of the the recent Engadget post (Editorial: Does Windows Phone even have a chance without Google?). The author also makes a parallel to BB10 towards the end of the article.

Here is the thing:
    I am really a BB fan. I bought my Bold 9700 a couple of years ago, and I really appreciate it. I look forward to BB10 and planning to spend money on it as soon as it comes. However... If I do not have Google maps, Youtube, etc... - this could significantly influence my decision... And based on the recent decisions of Google towards WP, it could just happen the same way to BB. I know RIM is going to have their own maps, but they come from the same source as the recent iOS maps - TomTom. This does not look very promising...

I do not really care, how many thousands (or not) of small aps are available on BB10 - they will come anyway, if the platform is really as good as it looks. But with the big players, such as Google, this is not going to work out, I am afraid. I strongly believe, we (the users) should put more pressure on RIM to make a proper deal with Google. It could be a make or break for BB10 in my opinion.

kszys.
    they should use the mapping from Rand McNally
    12-16-12 03:51 PM
    I'm sure rim will have something up there sleeves too
    Lehomer likes this.
    12-16-12 04:01 PM
    A youtube app or google plus actually isnt that necessary, but google MAPS defiantly is...apple was crucified for taking it off iphone 5 imagine what the media will do to RIM
    12-16-12 07:10 PM
    A youtube app or google plus actually isnt that necessary, but google MAPS defiantly is...apple was crucified for taking it off iphone 5 imagine what the media will do to RIM
    The media didn't crucify Apple for removing Google Maps, but rather for replacing it with a very poorly-done Maps app. If RIM can produce a good alternative, they can get away without it.
    xiaohuaxing likes this.
    12-16-12 07:28 PM
    I've never been a big fan of maps.google.com cause they suck. IMO.
    12-16-12 07:30 PM
    The Google Maps app I have is the latest version. 4.5.3, it says (c) 2010, just throwing that out there. It's not like what we have currently is that amazing. If RIM pulled BB Maps and Traffic into one app, I won't look twice at Google Maps again
    12-16-12 10:22 PM
    Apple was criticized due to the fact that they gave an awful alternative to Google maps. I think RIM seen how that went and double checked what they have coming for BB10. Hopefully it will be awesome #BB10Beleive
    12-16-12 11:33 PM
    I've never been a big fan of maps.google.com cause they suck. IMO.
    Maps.google.com does suck. The apps for Android and iOS however, are a completely different experience. That's why the BB mantra, "we can just use the browser," is a woeful misunderstanding of the offerings available on other platforms.
    12-17-12 12:08 AM
    Google has said that they will go where the users are, which is why their primary support is towards Android & iOS.

While Google has recently pulled out support for EAS (Exchange Active Sync), this is across the board but doesn't affect corporate/education institutions that are paying for it. On the flipside, Google is pushing the open (web) standards CalDAV and CardDAV which is supported by Android and iOS. If BB10 is the pro-HTML5 OS that it's been touted to be all this time, it will support those standards as well as EAS for the corporate people.
    Hmm, CalDAV and CardDav. I already saw it on BB10 when I want to set up my accounts (emails, socmed, and evernote) at BB10 account setup. CMIIW.
    12-17-12 12:33 AM
    If, and I say IF, RIM can go and apply a "leader of this section" to fill in the gaps left by the "winter-cleaning" of Google Sync and google apps for BlackBerry, I don't see what's the problem.

Worse come to worse, RIM can probably try to input a similar system to waze in their upcoming maps. Then allow users to update the data and have it verified. Waze is a very good case-of-use scenario in this.

Or a mix and match. By default opted out / stealth mode, unless they opt-in. Why not?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    12-17-12 05:15 AM
    The gist of the argument is that there is a suite of popular Google apps available for Android and iOS, but not for WP and BB. The author of the article doubts the success of WP because of the lack of these apps. The OP is asking whether the same applies to RIM.
    Yes - this is the point. Time will tell I guess...

One other thing: I use Google Talk a lot on my Blackberry. I talk to people using Android, and to people sitting in front of their PCs. I also use it from my PC. It is very convenient to be able to use either a PC or my BB to stay in contact. Now with the announcement from WhatsUp and the (possible) lack of support from Google for BB - switching to BB10 could be painful... And I really do not want it to be painful - I want things to work better than before, not worse And do not tell me I can always use BBM or SMS - they do not allow the same level of functionality at once (communication with other non-BB mobile devices AND PCs at the same time). Maybe Skype could be a replacement, but it is also not yet confirmed...
    12-17-12 10:14 AM
    I wasn't even aware that Google can access anything. This seems to be a game changer for me, between jumping to Android and waiting for BB10.
    12-17-12 10:19 AM
    Who is Google?
    12-17-12 10:29 AM
    I use the transit directions and Street View all the timeon the Google Maps app for my Blackberry, so Google Maps is important to me. Sure, I can sideload the Android app if it doesn't come to BB10 native but that is not the point. I don't think any other mapping app else has similar features. Google came up with a standardized format for transit agencies across the world to put their scheduling data. Anyone can use that data for their own use. I have seen personal webpages and transit agency specific apps use the Google Transit Feed Specification (GTFS) in order to populate their data. Just curious why TomTom, Bing, etc don't use this data?
    12-17-12 12:18 PM
68 123