I cannot figure out how to keep text messages from one certain person in the same category. in example, ill have 10 texts in a row from "Marisa" where as on my old blackberry 9700, marisa would have one text in my text list and it would be updated as soon as I would get a text from her.( I now have curve 8700, other one was stolen). I really didn't know how to search this.

I need it like this:
    Marisa

Not this:
    Marisa
    Marisa
    Marisa
    Marsia

Please help!
    04-07-10 12:51 PM
    What you want is called Threaded SMS. Since the 8700 does not have OS 5.0, you will need to use an app to get this functionality. Search the 3rd Party App section and you'll find what you're looking for.
    04-07-10 01:03 PM
    I cannot figure out how to keep text messages from one certain person in the same category. in example, ill have 10 texts in a row from "Marisa" where as on my old blackberry 9700, marisa would have one text in my text list and it would be updated as soon as I would get a text from her.( I now have curve 8700, other one was stolen). I really didn't know how to search this.

I need it like this:
    Marisa

Not this:
    Marisa
    Marisa
    Marisa
    Marsia

Please help!
    I think you mean Curve 8300, as the 8700 is a stand alone device line, the 87xx model.
    Unless it's an 8330, there is no 5.0 available for your device, as stated, search for 3rd party apps for threaded SMS.
    04-07-10 01:54 PM

I need it like this:
    Marisa

Not this:
    Marisa
    Marisa
    Marisa
    Marsia

Please help!
    Go to Empower Blackberry | GetEmpower and you will see a great third party threaded sms app that works well and allows theme downloads like 'bubble' style with the iPhone.
    04-07-10 02:44 PM
    The 8700 is not a curve, nor does it have threaded sms like your 9700 did. The actual curve can get it, as long as it's not an 8330m blackberry.
    04-07-10 02:48 PM
    I'm sorry I have the curve 8900 its called. Sorry I'm obviously technologically illiterate. Now since it is the 8900, does that mean I just need to update my O.S or still a third party app. You guys are a great help by the way, love this website!

BTW- It says i have v4.6.1.114, the hot girl at ATT said I have the current version for this phone. Is this true? She was blond...and hot lol
    04-07-10 02:58 PM
    Go to Empower Blackberry | GetEmpower and you will see a great third party threaded sms app that works well and allows theme downloads like 'bubble' style with the iPhone.
    Those screen shots look amazing. I might go try that app out.
    04-07-10 03:00 PM
    I'm sorry I have the curve 8900 its called. Sorry I'm obviously technologically illiterate. Now since it is the 8900, does that mean I just need to update my O.S or still a third party app. You guys are a great help by the way, love this website!

BTW- It says i have v4.6.1.114, the hot girl at ATT said I have the current version for this phone. Is this true? She was blond...and hot lol
    You have the current 'official' version for AT&T she obviously knows nothing about OS 5.0 leaks. go to Hey Guys It's Donta and you'll find all of the information you need on upgrading your OS, I guarantee it!
    04-07-10 03:09 PM
    Those screen shots look amazing. I might go try that app out.
    They really stepped it up also. A few months ago, they had a text based site without the pretty colors and menus, the app itself has been update too, I might have to check it out again.
    04-07-10 03:11 PM
    iLovemy_bb:

If I upgrade, will I lose my bbm contacts I have about 80 I cannot afford to lose them. I just synced up everything in my blackberry desktop software but when I was looking thru the list of things that would be backed up on to my computer, bbm contacts weren't on the list of things to be backed up. Sorry for being such a pain in the hiney hole lol, but thanks so much for the help.
    04-07-10 03:19 PM
    iLovemy_bb:

If I upgrade, will I lose my bbm contacts I have about 80 I cannot afford to lose them. I just synced up everything in my blackberry desktop software but when I was looking thru the list of things that would be backed up on to my computer, bbm contacts weren't on the list of things to be backed up. Sorry for being such a pain in the hiney hole lol, but thanks so much for the help.
    If you have the new BBM (the one with avatars and barcodes) -- you can go to blackberry key --> options --> Contact List and back up directly to your memory card
    04-07-10 03:29 PM
    haha yes! good call I completely forgot about that! you guys really are awesome thanks so much I think i've obtained all the info I need and I hope this helps other morons such as myself!
    04-07-10 03:33 PM
    haha yes! good call I completely forgot about that! you guys really are awesome thanks so much I think i've obtained all the info I need and I hope this helps other morons such as myself!
    Remember that website I sent you to. It is my personal BBOS help guide you can email me - [email protected] for further assistance.
    04-07-10 03:43 PM

there is a 5.0 version for your phone. You only need the OS, not the 3rd party app
    04-07-10 03:54 PM
    You have the current 'official' version for AT&T she obviously knows nothing about OS 5.0 leaks. go to Hey Guys It's Donta and you'll find all of the information you need on upgrading your OS, I guarantee it!
    In her defense, most of them know about it. For instance, I had a link to a leak for the bb 5.0 leak before it was leaked onto crackberry or any other forums. We were allowed to try it on our phones, and if a customer asked, we had to play stupid about it.

Also on occassion some of the companies will send a mystery shopper in to poke and prod and make certian they aren't divulging the info.

A lot of times, we know before you do, we just aren't allowed to say anything.
    04-07-10 03:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD