Like everyone here I'm sure you can type fast on your BB device, but I'm noticing lately that when I type a letter it repeats it self for example it would type:

"Hey how aare you doing"

It only seems to effect certain letter like "A".

Any suggestions or idea's what is causing this?
    11-03-11 03:53 PM
    Do you have the 8900, or the 9780?
    11-03-11 04:11 PM
    I've had my "a" on the 9700 do that too. You will need to crack it open and replace the white sticker membrane under the physical keyboard.

I used a hair dryer to heat up the sticker membrane so it peeled off easily.

After i did that it worked perfectly. There are videos on how to open the phone up.

Good Luck!
    11-03-11 04:12 PM
    Do you have the 8900, or the 9780?
    I have a 9780 is it a known issue?

I've had my "a" on the 9700 do that too. You will need to crack it open and replace the white sticker membrane under the physical keyboard.

I used a hair dryer to heat up the sticker membrane so it peeled off easily.

After i did that it worked perfectly. There are videos on how to open the phone up.

Good Luck!
    I don't want to void my warranty if anything I'll have to exchange the phone.
    11-03-11 04:13 PM
    Yes it is.

Very Known issue.

Can you replace it? It should still be under warranty.
    11-03-11 04:17 PM
    oh...haha.

Well, i guess i would let the warranty do it's job and have it fixed or replaced.

Mines was out of warranty so i went a head to try fixing it myself, if it didnt work - new phone. But i guess now, i will just have to wait a little longer.
    11-03-11 04:18 PM
    Yes it is.

Very Known issue.

Can you replace it? It should still be under warranty.
    Yup it is only a few weeks old. Thanks.

It sucks there's no fix for it!
    11-03-11 04:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD