I've been loyal to blackberry but if the slider doesn't live up to promise....???

iPhone squashing BlackBerry for good?- Top Stocks - MSN Money
    07-14-10 10:28 AM
    I was going to point this out but I see the article already did:

Of course, it�s worth noting that the survey was conducted before the recent dustup over the iPhone antenna problems -- including reports of �death grip� dropping calls and a poor review by Consumer Reports that included the suggestion of using duct tape to fix reception problems. Apple has thrown gasoline on this PR wildfire this week by arrogantly staying mum on the issue and even going so far as deleting negative comments and links to the Consumer Reports article from its forum pages.
    Everything isn't cheery for Apple yet. RIM has some catching up to do but it's got time.

Until they catch up though, in terms of consumer products and sheer horsepower within a device, it seems to be Apple vs. Google. Blackberry seems content on releasing low end products like the Curve as they sell like hot cakes.

Hopefully OS6 steps things up a bit. If not...then I could see things getting ugly.
    07-14-10 01:51 PM
    I have never been one to believe all that is in print these days. The market is big enough to support lots of contenders. I continue to be a diehard BB supporter. The family teen had a choice of most any phone out there including the IPhone and went for a BB. A great deal depends on what a person wants in a phone and if or not a buyer is subject to peer pressure over functionality.

We shall see, but for my dollar RIM remains in fine shape.
    07-14-10 02:06 PM
    I could actually care less about how other people like their phones. When it comes to phones I know what I like and I guess I would have been part of that 30 percent who are very satisfied.

I could also care less whether RIM is in first place or end up behind Apple for two reasons:
    1) I don't have stock in the company
    2) As long as I keep liking their products Ill keep purchasing them

Sure I want to see them do well and I hope they really innovate but in the end I like what I have.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-14-10 02:23 PM
    I could actually care less about how other people like their phones. When it comes to phones I know what I like and I guess I would have been part of that 30 percent who are very satisfied.

I could also care less whether RIM is in first place or end up behind Apple for two reasons:
    1) I don't have stock in the company
    2) As long as I keep liking their products Ill keep purchasing them

Sure I want to see them do well and I hope they really innovate but in the end I like what I have.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Agreed. Besides, RIM's about to make some big moves with OS6. They'll be fine.
    07-14-10 03:09 PM
    All these articles have to do with the stock there so bias rim right now is heavily shorted right now apple isn't when thinks turn for rim and apple might have a huge recall on there hands rim will go up and apple will be the favorite to short all these analyst are crooks. The best crook out there is cramer 6 days before bear sterns goes bankrupt on his show he yells out do not sell bear sterns repeatedly. 6 days later bankrupt what a crook. He influences the market to his advantage.
    07-14-10 04:24 PM
    If you're counting on the slider to be the savior you will be disappointed. This will have a Storm-like impact just in a different body.
    07-14-10 04:41 PM
    You really think so and you know. Because you have one or is that just your bias opinion?
    Technology is just push and shove nobody every out dos for long and to repeat a quote of someone o hear who is very knowledgeable in hear and well respected and has both the 9800 and iphone4 and one more and knows what's coming next for rim "rims been stagnant lately its time for them to push back"
    07-14-10 05:26 PM
    I think it's critical for the 9800 to be OS6 delivered, not OS6 ready.
    07-14-10 05:39 PM
    07-15-10 12:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD