https://www.facebook.com/BlackBerryNA?ref=stream

The two things on the bottom look like legs. did the person explode into colorful powder?

Looks like all the cars were turned into popcorn?

What is the purpose of this?

I honestly can't see how these can go together to make a great ad, and I'm worried it's going to be a really flashy POS that just confuses whoever watches it.
    millerliteboy likes this.
    02-03-13 03:08 PM
    No matter how good the commercial is, the U.S. delay destroys any value it would have created.
    02-03-13 03:11 PM
    I saw it earlier today. It's not weird. It's actually pretty good. I was really scared it might turn out not good.

Not your typical product feature type of BlackBerry commercial, but it's fitting for the Super Bowl for sure. I liked it!
    LazyEvul, Bilaal, bizzyqu and 5 others like this.
    02-03-13 03:14 PM
    I saw it earlier today. It's not weird. It's actually pretty good. I was really scared it might turn out not good.

Not your typical product feature type of BlackBerry commercial, but it's fitting for the Super Bowl for sure. I liked it!
    Well if you say so. but so far the previews are rather... unconventional.
    02-03-13 03:16 PM
    Those pictures look like the making of a commercial that will make people say "wait...what? BlackBerry?" and then re-watch online, do research, and tell friends/talk about it.

You don't move forward by following the norm.
    02-03-13 03:20 PM
    Those are just people exploding who were hoping it was going to be available in the USA earlier
    02-03-13 03:24 PM
    No matter how good the commercial is, the U.S. delay destroys any value it would have created.
    Enough with this.... there are plenty of existing threads where you can bring this up.
    02-03-13 03:25 PM
    From the reveals so far yes its odd but a few that have seen it (kevin etc) all say its pretty good. I hope so!
    02-03-13 03:26 PM
    It just needs to be memorable. PERIOD.

I remember that kid in the Star Wars costume using the force to start his dads VW as do many others.

02-03-13 03:27 PM
    Hi guys.

Stupid question, has the superbowl happened? Have you seen the ad?

Ive been searching you tube and not found anything. Desperate to see what the spent $3m on.
    anon(2757538) likes this.
    02-03-13 03:28 PM
    The pics look interesting to me. They do look a little weird but I think as long as they get people talking, and bring attention to the brand then they accomplished their goal. People are always going to be negative in some way. At a time like the SuperBowl, I think it is better to be unconventional and funny for the most part. This captures people's attention. Then, if they can throw in some features about the phone that is a bonus. You can not expect a 30 second commercial to include a ton of info about features.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    helloz10byeiphone likes this.
    02-03-13 03:29 PM
    Hi guys.

Stupid question, has the superbowl happened? Have you seen the ad?

Ive been searching you tube and not found anything. Desperate to see what the spent $3m on.
    The game hasn't even started yet.
    02-03-13 03:30 PM
    Being "good" and "memorable" is fine, but what Blackberry needs is to be informative.

The name "Blackberry" is dead in the US and simply having a funny/creative/memorable commercial doesn't help people think differently about their products.
    They need to see that it's not the same old Blackberry device they're used to.

They don't have to dedicate all 30 seconds to showing features, but they do need to some a few things... even if it's only 15 seconds.

Other companies can be creative and have the commercial geared more towards branding, Blackberry needs to sell an actual product and change their mindshare people have of them.

Sadly, I suspect Blackberry will be going about this the wrong way and it will be a failed opportunity.
    richardat likes this.
    02-03-13 03:39 PM
    Being "good" and "memorable" is fine, but what Blackberry needs is to be informative.

The name "Blackberry" is dead in the US and simply having a funny/creative/memorable commercial doesn't help people think differently about their products.
    They need to see that it's not the same old Blackberry device they're used to.

They don't have to dedicate all 30 seconds to showing features, but they do need to some a few things... even if it's only 15 seconds.

Other companies can be creative and have the commercial geared more towards branding, Blackberry needs to sell an actual product and change their mindshare people have of them.

Sadly, I suspect Blackberry will be going about this the wrong way and it will be a failed opportunity.
    I suspect that they fully understand what they need to do. The Super Bowl is an opportunity to make people curious and a chance for BB to say "Hey... look at me!!". Making a memorable commercial, followed by more educational advertising on regular tv slots, would be a great way of reaching out. It's only a 30 second time slot and can't be an educational one....that's just not fun,
    02-03-13 03:46 PM
    Lol all the armchair CMOs on Crackberry.
    devinthomas and Bobcat665 like this.
    02-03-13 03:52 PM

doesn't it have to be hilarious, excellent, best in class rather than pretty good and fitting superbowl style?
    samsung was funny not super funny but still great and with LeBron...I am a bit scared here but Kevin should know...
    02-03-13 03:56 PM
    im not sure what to think - i just hope it'll be great

i just fear that we see all these flashy things like that colorful explosion, half-elephant for 28secs and for the last 2 secs: "the new blackberry 10" + pics and that's it lol : /
    02-03-13 04:04 PM
    could be a lot going on in one ad, or could they have really splashed out and made a series of ad's to keep building and guessing to the end.
    02-03-13 04:04 PM
    don't think so
    they've got this 1 really important ad (superbowl is huge!), it's 30secs long..
    they don't wanna waste those 30secs, they should show as much as possible and make use of this opportunity
    02-03-13 04:09 PM
    Notice that the elephant guy is carrying a phone that looks like an iPhone?
    02-03-13 04:12 PM
    I find it curious, that the vehicles in 2 of the 3 pics, are extremely old.
    02-03-13 04:16 PM
    I find it curious, that the vehicles in 2 of the 3 pics, are extremely old.
    one is a mercedes. They last a long time.
    SK122387 likes this.
    02-03-13 04:19 PM
    ^A diesel no less.
    02-03-13 04:20 PM
    one is a mercedes. They last a long time.
    So do the Hondas as featured in the first pic.
    02-03-13 04:22 PM
    WOW!!!! What an original post!!!! I have never seen anyone say this before!!! You are ahead of the times my friend
    donmateo, SK122387 and Bobcat665 like this.
    02-03-13 04:24 PM
108 123 ...