Almost every former BlackBerry user that I know still tells me that they miss the keyboard when they talk about BB with me. With the Q10 having a bigger battery, gorgeous screen and an overall look that I think is the best looking BlackBerry ever made, is it a stretch to think that its going to outsell the Z10 when it arrives? Could the Q10 paired with BlackBerry 10 actually be the savior? I could see the Q10 selling big in the US when finally released. That white one is smokin hot!!!
    westiewanderer and toneytone like this.
    02-14-13 07:59 PM
    Almost every former BlackBerry user that I know still tells me that they miss the keyboard when they talk about BB with me. With the Q10 having a bigger battery, gorgeous screen and an overall look that I think is the best looking BlackBerry ever made, is it a stretch to think that its going to outsell the Z10 when it arrives? Could the Q10 paired with BlackBerry 10 actually be the savior? I could see the Q10 selling big in the US when finally released. That white one is smokin hot!!!
    Hard to predict market tastes. When BB was on top it seemed unlikely that a phone without a full keyboard would ever do well. Who knows.
    02-14-13 08:12 PM
    I don't think the Q10 will outsell the Z10. The overall consumer market has moved away from the keyboard, in the direction of media consumption and apps (among other things.) This is why the Z10 launching earlier was critical--to draw in the average consumer. The workers/keyboard "purists" will get their Q10s no matter what, but it's just not something that's greatly appealing to the consumer at large any more.
    02-14-13 08:35 PM
    I personally enjoy having a physical keyboard and that is pretty much the main reason that I use BlackBerry! And that's what BlackBerrys' are known for! I believe the Z10 will attract others more from the outside, people that haven't used BlackBerry, but the Q10 will satisfy all the loyal BlackBerry users and maybe even bring back some who left before since it has a better OS, a bigger screen and the awesomness of what BlackBerry is all about! I'm waiting for the Q10 and I'm very excited about it!!!
    02-14-13 08:35 PM
    With what the Z10 offers with predictive typing in several languages and adaptive keyboard, I don't think the Q10 can overtake the Z10. I certainly like my physical keyboard with my PlayBook so no real estate is lost to the virtual keyboard, but I don't think I would care to give up the real estate permanently just to get a physical keyboard on a phone that has very limited screen real estate as it is.

I have also been struck by Mr. Heins' recent comment on the subject. He was a big proponent of the physical keyboard until he started using the now Z10 device. It offers so much more that he does not feel any need to go to the physical keyboard again.

There will indeed be a significant number that will buy the Q10 specifically because they prefer the physical keys over any other attribute available on the Z10. I just don't think this will be the majority of users in the long run, especially if and when BlackBerry gains a significant amount of market share from competitors.
    02-14-13 08:40 PM
  6. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    just moved from the bb 9900 to the Z10 .. loving the bb z10 .. but i will also get the Q10!! … both will do well!!! IMO
    02-14-13 08:44 PM
    Sometimes I think I want the Z10 and other times I want to wait for the Q10 so maybe I'll end up with both - but that would be silly. I'm leaning towards waiting 'til they're both out and make my decision then. (April sometime) if I can hold out that long of course.
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    02-14-13 08:50 PM
    I know many who think they want the Q10, and will certainly get either it or the Z10.

I'm convinced, however, that at least a good half of them will actually choose the Z10, should they actually have a chance to try it out for real, for 15 minutes or a half hour.
    02-14-13 08:53 PM
    I believe the q10 will outsell with existing crackberry addicts but it could just about tie in total sales because the z10 will bring people back who switched to all touch. The sales figures could be disappointing for the z10 be because half are waiting for the q
    stberry likes this.
    02-14-13 08:57 PM
    so far from what I have seen is that android and ios like z10 more than bb7 users......the keyboard guys are not liking it.....so probably z10 are more likely to sell over q10 !!
    02-14-13 09:21 PM
    I know a few people waiting for the q10 who got the z10 just because they were tired of waiting.

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    02-14-13 10:12 PM
    The Q10 will do good. I held onto QWERTY until the z10. If the Q and Z would have came out at the same time I would have been torn.
    02-14-13 10:45 PM
    I personally think that the Z10 will outsell the Q10. With my previous BlackBerry 9800 torch and before that the curve, I was quite used to the physical keyboard. But after having the Z10 for a week, I have quickly adapted. One of the best features I like about the Z10 keyboard is the predictive word suggestions which makes my typing much easier.

Don't forget that many former BlackBerry users have easily made the transition to IPhones and Android devices that uses virtual keyboards as BB's market-share declined in recent years. Right now, the majority of the top selling smartphones on the market are virtual keyboard devices, so I can see the rational of RIM/Blackberry in deciding to release the Z10 first with the aim of recapturing a segment of that market.

02-14-13 11:07 PM
    It looks like the Q10 will out sell the Z10 with Sprint. Seeing that they aren't going to sell the Z10 on release in the US. I am a big keyboard fan but would probably switch to the Z10.
    02-14-13 11:22 PM
    Just taking a shot in the dark, I would have to say that with normal customers, the z10 will win out, but the corporate crowd will buy more of the q10. Just my 2 cents.
    02-14-13 11:33 PM
    I totally support the proposition the Q10 could outsell the Z10 because it is quite simply a better phone. It has a decent battery-2100 mAh v 1800 mAh. The Z10 compromises itself too much to look slim and sexy at the expense of decent battery life. BB should offer an optional larger battery with raised rear cover. I dont like the Z10 because it looks too much like an iphone and doesnt have a Qwerty keyboard. My honest objective BB devotee opinion is that,unless BB put a larger battery on the Z10 it is doomed. I will only get a BB10 with a QWERTY '''*@#+ keyboard.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    02-15-13 12:23 AM
  17. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    i think they both will be big sellers!!! ...
    02-15-13 01:27 AM
    What I would like is to get a Z10 with a slider type full qwerty keyboard.

For me, the Q10 touch screen is just too small
    02-15-13 01:31 AM
    People generally hate virtual keyboards. People who see the Z10 keyboard tend to be impressed. I noticed a thread here on the forum of people who had been keyboard snobs but converted over the Z10 kb.

I don't think it will convince everyone, no, but it has already won many over.
    02-15-13 01:35 AM
    Why does the q10 have to bring blackberry back? Why can't they sell enohh and then together bring it back? It is a possibility because I know people like the keyboards but as far as image goes they wouldn't be caught dead. It's sad that people don't want to be seen with an "old people's phone "(which is dumb cuz I'm pretty sure an old person freaks out when they look at the keyboard. I know my mom panicked and gave it back). It could but I doubt it. Only time will tell
    02-15-13 02:02 AM
    I think the Z10 will outsell the Q10. Sure it will be an amazing device and I want on myself - white this time. However, the keyboard on the Z10 is amazing. I hated typing on glass but that was on my note (spare phone) and always found myself keeping my 9900 with me. I have never been a huge fan of all touch, but this Z10 is an amazing device. The keyboard may not be faster than the 9900 in an instant but it has the potential to be as it continues to learn the way you type, where you touch and how you "type".... and IMO...i think the best BB10 experience would be in the Z10 due to the screen size (time will tell).
    02-15-13 02:37 AM
    Yes, I think it's possible the Q10 could outsell the Z10, but that will mean the death of BB.

The Q10 cannot reach out to new market, it can only be resell to people with older BB's. I don't think there is any substantial market of new to BB users who wish to go to a keyboard model.

The Q10 has a guaranteed market....of keyboard loyalists....so it will sell some numbers for sure, but If the Z10 cannot outsell the Q10, then BB will be dead in the water. So let's hope that this doesn't happen.
    02-15-13 02:49 AM
    I will be surprised if the Q will outsell the Z but i do believe that it will find a good strong niche. If the virtual keyboard on the Z is as good as advertised ( and how the **** should i know living in the US) then you will have a lot of physical keyboard fans switching over.
    02-15-13 04:12 AM
    Q10, Z10? It's all about BB10!
    westiewanderer likes this.
    02-15-13 04:25 AM
    No I don't think so. I preordered both a Z10 & a Q10 from Rogers. The reservation line for the Z10 was in the Thousands. The reservation line for the Q10 is in the Hundreds - Well less than 500.

Bbnivende likes this.
    02-15-13 06:13 AM
63 123