The reason I wanted to follow Blackberry on these social media websites is keep up with what is going on with RIM and their brand of phones/tablets. So far, I have been extremely disappointed with both of them. That is why I come to CB.

First off is twitter, it seems a re-cycle of tips on how to dial a 1-800 number, or the ability to find out what software version you have on your phone, or whatever. Tips are great, don't get me wrong, but when it is the same thing day in and day out it gets a little tiresome.

Secondly Facebook. This is a little better (not much) than twitter. However when you go to view the comments section it's nothing but pin numbers from desperate people who are looking for hook-ups. Rather irritating.

Right now on Facebook Blackberry is promoting the BB9900 as the new thing. Don't you find this a little -backwards? Basically promoting a year old phone as new and won't be strongly supported for too much longer, while BB10 is just around the corner? Wouldn't you want to get people excited for the new device?
    05-23-12 11:41 AM
    I don't use either so no i don't.
    05-23-12 11:45 AM
    No, RIM has always been behind the times when communicating via social networking.

It can be difficult enough to get a hold of Tech Support, forget about what is happening with the Platform. 9900 is the newest, flagship device. What do you expect them to tweet and post about? A device that isn't available yet?

You kind of have to show people the new device, and so far, all the screenshots have looked like some 16 year old with a copy of GIMP took time out of smoking his/her bong to pump out a few random shots. Post a link to a shot of their finished device, can't be done, so marketing the new hype would be much more difficult.
    05-23-12 11:49 AM
    I agree to some extent as Apple is still promoting the iphone 4s. However, Rim is a different position than Apple where they can ill-afford too much delay.

I'm not saying promote a device, but the features and benefits of the BB10 software. How it implements itself, how it's going to be a cut above the rest, and how it's progressing. Little things like that would go along way in reclaiming that market share. Obviously not too much information but enough to keep that anticipation mounting.
    05-23-12 12:04 PM
    If you're looking for news re: development, etc, follow @asaunders. He is VP Developer Relations, Research In Motion.
    Chrisy likes this.
    05-23-12 12:07 PM
    I agree to some extent as Apple is still promoting the iphone 4s. However, Rim is a different position than Apple where they can ill-afford too much delay.

I'm not saying promote a device, but the features and benefits of the BB10 software. How it implements itself, how it's going to be a cut above the rest, and how it's progressing. Little things like that would go along way in reclaiming that market share. Obviously not too much information but enough to keep that anticipation mounting.
    Phone isn't ready, BB10 isn't ready, what do you want them to show you? Only people who can list the little things are the people currently working on it, and they aren't saying much. Everyone has seen the 'leaked' screenshots for months. What more can they add to it.

What you are explaining is what they have been trying to do. It's just not working out very well for RIM.
    05-23-12 12:10 PM
    I don't follow them, but I do have Waterloo, Ont. in my Weather app...
    jafobabe likes this.
    05-23-12 12:22 PM
    CrackBerry is all the propaganda I can handle and it is fair and balanced in the Fox News sense. In all seriousness, I do not follow BlackBerry "news and announcements" on Twitter and FaceBook.
    05-23-12 01:45 PM
    I don't follow them on Twitter or Facebook either.
    05-23-12 01:47 PM
    I don't twit.
    05-23-12 01:54 PM
    If they started promoting BB10 on FaceBook and Twitter, they would hurt potential BB7 sales. RIM doesn't want the average non stock holder/buyer to know too much about BB10. People that don't already know about BB10 aren't going to wait 5 months to purchase a phone if they are in the market right now. Also, the people that do know about BB10 probably already know more info than RIM wants them to know.

RIM would not benefit at all from marketing BB10 at this point.
    05-23-12 02:02 PM
    I don't follow BlackBerry on Twitter and since I am one of the 18 people on Earth that has
    NEVER used Facebook that would be a no also.
    05-23-12 07:29 PM
    No but I have them "liked" On FB.
    All they do is promote the OS7 devices...repeat the same thing over & over.
    "Hey guys! Check out out the all new faster OS7 broswer! *insert link to website*"
    "Hey guys! What OS7 device are you currently using?"
    "Hey guys! Share your Be Bold stories here!"
    (this isn't exactly what they say but to some extent..it is. Lol)

=/
    05-23-12 10:23 PM
    I don't like either of the Pregnant-Fish-er or the GetInYourFaceBook... way too many dumb commericals, and people posting useless stuff.
    05-24-12 12:08 AM
    No, I don't.........if i want to know about any development or any news then Crackberry would be my choice
    05-24-12 01:04 AM
    You're not going to find a lot that is of interest on Twitter or FB from a large public company like RIM. There's no real advantage for RIM to spill the beans about anything interesting and as of yet unknown on those services. Fan sites like CrackBerry already have that all covered anyhow.

Then when a RIM employee does build expectations by almost saying something interesting it just ends up being disappointing as people read all kinds of things into it and are let down by the reality. The hinting at the release of angry birds space for the playbook is a good recent example.

Sent from my BlackBerry Bold 9930 using Tapatalk
    05-24-12 01:47 AM
    I follow Blackberry UK & Ireland on Facebook and Twitter, am quite active on their Facebook page helping people out with problems they have with their BBs(usually simple stuff) and as a result I've been invited to two Blackberry parties in London, all expenses paid for me and my wife.

RIM know how to treat a fan part of the reason I will never use anything else but a BlackBerry.
    05-24-12 02:44 AM
    @blackberry4biz ...I tweeting them about blackberry world stuff all the time and they would response quite quickly
    05-24-12 07:40 AM
    I follow them both, actually All, as there are a number of RIM twitter feeds.
    05-24-12 07:59 AM
    I do, don't go to their facebook page because of the endless list of peoples pins.

But I follow them to show support in a sense.

But yea, Crackberry is still my number one spot for all things Blackberry

Sent from my Beloved BlackBerry Torch 9810 using Tapatalk
    05-24-12 06:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD