Every now and then I'll be doing something on my Blackberry Bold, and the screen ill go black, the keyboard backlight will go off, and the device will look like the battery has been pulled out (i.e. no led, no response to trackball or keybaord press). Then 5-20 seconds later it will come back on, and carry on doing exactly what it was doing when it blacked out. Anyone else have this? Anyone know what causes it?
    03-10-09 04:59 AM
    I don't have an 9000 and don't know what is causing this to happen to your BB, but if I were in your shoes - would return it for another one ASAP. You would hate to keep it past your carrier's return only to find that it is a hardware issue.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by Kangaruex; 03-10-09 at 07:28 AM.
    03-10-09 07:21 AM
    Its a 9000... Problem is it happens totally random and might not be able to reproduce the problem for them...

03-10-09 07:23 AM
    Its a 9000... Problem is it happens totally random and might not be able to reproduce the problem for them...

I understand what you are saying, but I would think there would have to be a way for you to return it regardless of whether you can reproduce it or not. You could call CS and explain what your issue is and see if they can help you.

Have you upgraded to the latest OS? I know a whole lot of people here have had issues with their 9000. Maybe they can chime in with a different POV.

03-10-09 07:36 AM
    Maybe in the US that would work, but things work differently here in Africa...
    03-10-09 07:37 AM
    Maybe in the US that would work, but things work differently here in Africa...
    I am sorry about that then.

Hopefully a long time 9000 user will pop in here and be able to help you further.

03-10-09 07:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD