Everyone critizes RIM's browser, but as I use my bold over 3G to type this the blackberry browser does exactly what I need it to. The 5.0 update fixes whatever I don't like about the 4.6 browser. If there is something that I need to do that doesn't work that's what I have my netbook for. Does anybody agree with me?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-05-09 01:00 AM
    Everyone critizes RIM's browser, but as I use my bold over 3G to type this the blackberry browser does exactly what I need it to. The 5.0 update fixes whatever I don't like about the 4.6 browser. If there is something that I need to do that doesn't work that's what I have my netbook for. Does anybody agree with me?

Yep 100%

I mean seriously it's a phone that fits in your damn pocket, quit complaining..
    09-05-09 01:09 AM
    For regular surfing, the bb browser is a pos on 4.5

09-05-09 01:09 AM
    I love the blackberry browser. I also tried opera Mini once. It was okay. Try it. You can delete it if not.
    09-05-09 01:16 AM
    Never use the BB browser (apart from downloads). Opera mini for me. Blew the native one away on 4.5 on my 8320 and still does on my 8900's 4.6.
    No comparison. Nowhere near.

09-05-09 01:31 AM
    I have to say for a phone. It's descent. I have used Opera Mini back when I had my 8330. I found the browsing to be a hassle. But Opera Mini gave the "computer illusion". Then I went to the 8900 ; amazing ! I didn't even think about Opera.
    I'm using a Bold now. But I prefer the browsing on the 8900.

People just want it all. I guess. Go figure. x]
    In the end the BlackBerry IS a phone not a computer.

Anyways, I ACTUALLY like the BlackBerry browser x]
    09-05-09 01:39 AM

Yes. It's a cell phone. I am not expecting a browser that can fold my clean clothes. It does what I need it to do, lol.
    09-05-09 01:46 AM
    It is the only browser I use. Bolt and Opera are crap.
    09-05-09 01:49 AM
    It gets the job done but could definitely need some help to render pages better.
    09-05-09 02:06 AM
    It is the only browser I use. Bolt and Opera are crap.
    All 3 are crap to me. Lol. I don't really browse on my phone and if I somehow do, it's going to be on my iPhone.
    09-05-09 02:10 AM
    All 3 are crap to me. Lol. I don't really browse on my phone and if I somehow do, it's going to be on my iPhone.
    I agree with this one lol, but I despise the iPhone for not being able to multitask, though admittedly it is much better when jailbroken with backgrounder installed plus i have a hard time typing on that screen...freaking fat fingers lol though I must add the Storm browser on .191 is quite surprising though still no where near where it should be IMO
    09-05-09 02:15 AM
    I like the simplicity of it and the shortcuts. Recently I started using Bolt as well and I am amazed how much faster that is and how it can render full pages.

However, when it comes to forums like this one, I prefer the native browser.

09-05-09 02:22 AM
    lol you don't really use your browser ? yet give such a opinion? Well you go ahead and enjoy that great iphone. At&t can stick in in there arse. Those people treat there customers like crap. And the service is way to much $$$ plus the fact there responsce to any problem you may have basicly is "oh well". I liked my iphone but apple thinks they can go ahead and charge you for everything. And yeah i jailbroke mine, and it was nice for awhile till all the sudden everything disappeared !!! all my contacts and apps. No you go ahead and deal with that company and phone . We'll see a post from you down the road whining about it. I'll go ahead and keep using this curve 8330 which is much more pleasent to have. The bb browser is for sure a good browser for a phone .

09-05-09 03:17 AM
    The Bold Browser is a great one at that. My old Curve 8300 was one that frustrated me with its slowness! 4.6 on the Bold and I have minor complaints with coverage, other than that; what should I complain about...? If 4.6 feels good, 5.0 must be a dream.

09-05-09 05:42 AM
    Opera is way faster but I like the shortcut button and integration of the native browser. I use the native browser most of the time, and am really looking forward to next year.

09-05-09 05:46 AM
    So what changes will there be to the browser on os 5.0?

The integration of the standard browser is good but its slow as ****. Opera and bolt are both a lot faster for me but they aren't as easy to use.

09-05-09 07:20 AM
    I have used Opera mini on my curve. But since I have started using my bold, I find that on the 3G service it operates much better with accessing the info I need.
    09-05-09 07:43 AM
    I am a pretty dedicated opera user personally, tho for most pages, the BB browser is good.

09-05-09 08:00 AM
    I like the BB browser but it won't let me access certain things, which is when Bolt comes in handy....but yea standard browser is what I use 99.99% of the time

09-05-09 08:02 AM
    Compared to the safari on the iPhone all the browsers for the Blackberry just plain suck. They are slow, they do a poor job rendering complex web pages, they don't do tabs. Even the on 5.0 RIM hasn't done much to improve the browsing experience.

Maybe if skyfire ever comes to blackberry that might change.
    09-05-09 08:10 AM
    I really like the native Browser.

When I am out and a question comes up, Google is always right there and the content is clearly presented without a lot of adds cluttering up the screen.

I couldn't care less about YouTube or anything that uses Flash content.

It is all about function, it works and it works well.

09-05-09 09:05 AM
    I use it for general information gathering (such as contests at a local bar) and browsing Crackberry. I really don't care to do my general web browsing from it.

Perhaps once I get the Storm 2, that'll be another story - but not right now.
    09-05-09 09:11 AM
    I like the BB browser much better than opera and bolt

09-05-09 09:47 AM
    I like it and have always used it

09-05-09 10:37 AM

I couldn't care less about YouTube or anything that uses Flash content.
    Did I miss something? I live on youtube on my bold using the native browser.

I tend to spend most of my browsing time on mobile specific sites and thus use the native browser. It just seems to do a better job with those.

I read something about tabs coming in 5.0 if that's the case that will complete my browsing requirement from my Bold.

09-05-09 10:42 AM
52 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD