I'm using the wireless sharing features since when playbook was available and now my z10. i have to say it is the best designed ever however I wish to be able to transfer files from my phone to my pc.

Anyway my main question for you guys (expert) is there a similar or identical methods to achieve that on any android devices?

Posted via CB10
    RubberChicken76 likes this.
    02-27-14 08:51 AM
    Using what method. Android has Bluetooth, Wi-Fi Direct, and a number of other share options, sometimes depending on the model. Samsung has Kies, and the others all have some type of share option.
    02-27-14 09:04 AM
    I'm talking about wifi sharing. I don't need any software installed on my pc.

Can you send me a link on how wifi direct work?

Posted via CB10
    02-27-14 09:21 AM
    Share files between Android and Windows with ES File Explorer | How To - CNET

I use ES File Explorer as my file manager, and it has this feature, along with many others, including cloud integration (much like BB10's file manager).
    02-27-14 10:11 AM
    Share files between Android and Windows with ES File Explorer | How To - CNET

I use ES File Explorer as my file manager, and it has this feature, along with many others, including cloud integration (much like BB10's file manager).
    Thanks - this is one convenient feature I loved on my PlayBook ... set up a file share and then just drag and drop no matter where it was in the house
    02-27-14 10:15 AM
    Yeah but you need to install a software to do this right? That is my understanding.

Posted via CB10
    02-27-14 10:18 AM
    Yeah but you need to install a software to do this right? That is my understanding.

Posted via CB10
    All the different wifi sharing methods are listed in settings under networks. They should just be toggles to turn off and on.
    02-27-14 10:22 AM
    You do know BBLink has file sharing in it and can be done over the cell network to if you leave your computer on.
    02-27-14 11:26 AM
    It depends on what phone you have. Android isn't like the other phone OSs, in that they are exactly the same from phone to phone. Android was designed and intended to be customized, and most phone manufacturers do. "Stock" Android doesn't come with a file manager, since it's something the average person will never need, but, for example, Samsung includes a file manager in TouchWiz. There are also a number of free file managers in the Play Store for folks who need one, such as the example I gave earlier.

Google purposely limits the apps and features that are pre-installed in stock Android, because they feel that those decisions are best left to the owner of the device. You can install only the apps YOU want, and you have options to choose from, so if you prefer one file manager over another, you can install the one YOU like best, without having another file manager (or whatever app) taking up space and a "share to" slot on your sharing menu. You can make your Android YOURS.
    02-27-14 11:29 AM
    Thanks guys for your time on this but I should have included this for example that i used on line for my z10 and similar to playbook.
    Please go to the link below
    http://helpblog.blackberry.com/2013/...10-files-wifi/

in this case it is very useful if I'm at my friends house and of course not all my friends use BlackBerry so with this built in method made it easier.

Posted via CB10
    02-27-14 11:39 AM
    yes you can do that in ES File Explorer and other Android file management apps. Some other apps like Airdroid and SuperBeam can use web browser interfaces on the PC side which are easier for many.
    02-27-14 11:45 AM