Went to the cell phone booth at Walmart today and was told that since walmart only sold 3g Sims cards (AT&T) that this would make all their phones 3g including the Blackberry 8310 Curve.
    I don't believe this is true and told them the phone had to be 3g compatible also not just the Sims card. They were still adamant about the 3g cards making all their phones 3g and are telling customers this.
    Are they correct in this?
    01-10-09 04:57 PM
    LOL... sorry, apparently Walmart reps are dumber than regular cell phone company reps!!!

3G is hardware in the phone itself, not the SIM card or a software change.
    01-10-09 05:40 PM
    It's Walmart. I seldom ever go there and when I do, I don't even bother asking for directions to things. You can't pay people minimum wage and expect professional service.
    01-10-09 05:44 PM
    Yea, that's what I thought. Thanks for responding.
    01-10-09 05:46 PM
    WOW really. that is dumber than ********
    01-10-09 05:52 PM
    lmao u people r foul
    01-10-09 06:09 PM
    plain and simple NO!
    01-11-09 05:29 PM
    Lmfao...are sims cards better than sim cards and are they something you can only get at Walmart?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-12-09 07:59 PM
    This is a Walmart employees conversation about this.
    1 - I have a SIM card and it has a 3G on it, you want it for your phone? Makes it faster.
    2 - YES! I always wanted a 3G phone for half the price with my Walmart discount!
    01-12-09 08:05 PM
    My dog told me that if you use two 2G SIM cards, you can get 4G on ANY network.
    01-13-09 01:28 AM
    heh, there really should be a part of the login process for this website that involves answering the following question.

"A Customer service representative from your Mobile service provider told you that they are getting a new Blackberry in 3 weeks. Do you....

A. Believe them
    B. Listen to them, then check various blog sites when you get home to confirm/deny
    C. Immediately stop paying attention and begin thinking about muffins/cupcakes/favored baked good until it appears the CSR in question has ceased speaking"

If you answer anything other than C, you get booted back to the login screen to try again

(Moral of my post? When in doubt, tune it out )
    01-13-09 01:46 AM
    My dog told me that if you use two 2G SIM cards, you can get 4G on ANY network.
    Lets just use 2 3G SIM cards and have a 6G phone...it will own all...
    01-13-09 01:09 PM
    LOL... sorry, apparently Walmart reps are dumber than regular cell phone company reps!!!

3G is hardware in the phone itself, not the SIM card or a software change.
    I think other reps believe this too. I just bought an 8310 a couple of days ago, I did some searching on it, got good reviews, I did not check if it was 3g since the phone it was replacing was 3g and it was 3 years old. I went to a at&t store to purchase it. it sure looked like a more attractive option to the bold, 99 with 100 dollar rebate, the bold was 299 with 100 dollar rebate. I started setting it up in the store, I told the rep that my blackjack is displaying 3g but the curve is displaying edge. she did some checking and said oh you have to set it up with your computer. 3g really isnt a deal breaker on this phone since it is my wifes and she will just text with it mostly.
    01-19-09 12:41 PM
    Wal mart told me the same thing. "All our phones for at&t are 3G". Since I know several people with actual 3G service I knew better but I got my bb anyhow. Yeah my sim card is 3G but my phone isn't. Oh well I love my bb anyways.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-20-09 12:40 PM
    I pretty much try to stay away from asking the man who uses an abacus to ring up my transaction at Walmart anything about technology.
    01-20-09 01:01 PM
    Wow, that is like the import kids who slap all those stickers on their cars and think they gain like, a lot of horsepower because they have a Nitrous Oxide sticker, or a performance header brand logo somewhere on there.
    01-21-09 11:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD