Hi,

It's "impossible" to create a new word doc in this version of Documents To Go without upgrading to the "premium" edition.

A work around for this, without upgrading is to create a blank word document and save this to your memory card. You can then type what you like in this document, edit it if necessary and then save the file with a different name so you will always have a blank document on your memory card.

Now, just got to try and find a way round the word count feature, then the premium edition is obsolete.

Hope this helps some of you folks.

We are Leeds!
    03-29-08 06:56 PM
    Awesome idea, thanks.
    03-29-08 07:01 PM
    So you can save word documents on the memory card? I did not know that.
    03-30-08 07:04 AM
    Yep, if you go into an existing word file on your BB there is an option to "save as" and you can save this file to your SD card or you can cut and paste or drag a file over from windows explorer if you have your device connected to your computer.

We are Leeds!
    03-30-08 07:30 AM
    i am trying to view word attachments but for some reason it wont let me save them when i open it from the email. anbody know how to save them?
    03-30-08 08:32 AM
    i dont know if its the doc 2 go app or what but alot of memory is now taken up, if i take this app off, will i be able to view word doc attachements still?
    03-30-08 08:55 AM
    I'm running 4.5 on my 8320, but I don't seem to have the option of "saving" a .doc to my media card when I recieve an email with one attached. I can edit a .doc that I already have on my media card that I have manually transfered from my laptop. Can anyone help? Am I missing something?
    03-30-08 10:23 AM
    I emailed a file xxx.doc to my phone. I was able to edit and "create" a new document this way. Only problem is that it can only be read on your blackberry! I've tried to email the new doc and copy/paste it with the phone connected to the computer. Every time the "doc to go" word file is corrupted.
    11-19-08 10:38 PM
    I did that when I first got the program. As I began to use it more, I was in need of more features. So I upgraded. It will be OK for someone that does not use it that much. For those that wish to utilize all the features the program has to offer, upgrading is the only way to go.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-19-08 11:02 PM
    If you need help upgrading just PM me. I can help you.
    11-24-08 07:43 AM
    And if you want particular paragraph formatting, save them in the blank template on your PC before copying accross (as you can't format them once the document is in the phone, unless you upgrade)- it doesn't have to be blank actually - for instance, a centred title with the normal body formatting below - you can select and replace the formatted text with a new title, etc.

I use mine for writing fiction manuscript when on the bus etc, and I have it set up so it's double line spaced with an indented first line.

I guess what I'm saying is have a few blank templates for different purposes
    Last edited by davoid; 11-24-08 at 10:05 AM. Reason: not clear enough first time
    11-24-08 10:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD