if i make a doc with "documents to go", can i save or move or copy it to the desktop?
    01-07-14 02:27 AM
    Yes, yes, and yes...

Posted via CB10 on my Z10STL100-1/10.2.1.1055
    01-07-14 06:00 AM
    Yes, yes, and yes...

Posted via CB10 on my Z10STL100-1/10.2.1.1055
    and........... how would that be?
    01-07-14 12:41 PM
    If you use BlackBerry Link and have an OS10 phone, you could enable remote file access back to your computer and your computer would show up in the file manager of the phone.

If you have an older BlackBerry, you can plug it into the computer and the phone will show up as a drive, which you can use to move the file.

On any phone you could just mail it to yourself.

If you are asking to make a shortcut to the file on the home screen of the phone, I don't think that can be done for files, just web shortcuts.
    01-07-14 12:52 PM
    If you use BlackBerry Link and have an OS10 phone, you could enable remote file access back to your computer and your computer would show up in the file manager of the phone.

If you have an older BlackBerry, you can plug it into the computer and the phone will show up as a drive, which you can use to move the file.

On any phone you could just mail it to yourself.

If you are asking to make a shortcut to the file on the home screen of the phone, I don't think that can be done for files, just web shortcuts.
    shortcut or otherwise.
    it's a Curve (hence, 7).

if i email it to me, it'll srill just go to the documents folder.
    01-07-14 01:26 PM
    If you go into Settings /Storage and Access / USB Mass Storage (and turn on usb mass storage) you will be able to connect your usb cable to your phone and open your Media Card as an external drive on the desktop of your computer. From there you can drag and drop, or copy files as you choose.

Posted via CB10
    01-07-14 01:38 PM
    paradive - "if i make a doc with "documents to go", can i save or move or copy it to the desktop?"

bennelong - do you mean the desktop of a computer or the home screen of your phone?

Edit: The home screen of the phone can't be done natively - as far as I'm aware.

Posted via CB10
    01-07-14 01:42 PM
    paradive - "if i make a doc with "documents to go", can i save or move or copy it to the desktop?"

bennelong - do you mean the desktop of a computer or the home screen of your phone?

Edit: The home screen of the phone can't be done natively - as far as I'm aware.

Posted via CB10
    the desktop of the phone.
    01-07-14 03:45 PM
    If you go into Settings /Storage and Access / USB Mass Storage (and turn on usb mass storage) you will be able to connect your usb cable to your phone and open your Media Card as an external drive on the desktop of your computer. From there you can drag and drop, or copy files as you choose.

Posted via CB10
    drag it where?
    i have the Blackberry desktop software, but am clueless.
    01-07-14 03:47 PM
    paradive "drag it where?
    i have the Blackberry desktop software, but am clueless."

bennelong
    Connecting your phone to computer via Mass Storage mode will show your SD card as a drive on your computer and you can then browse it and open folders on the SD card. It doesn't require BlackBerry Desktop Software to do this, but if you were to work with documents from your phone you would have had to have moved them to the SD card from the phone's memory with the phone's inbuilt file-manager first.
    Where you move them to on your computer is up to you really.

Posted via CB10
    01-07-14 08:23 PM
    I don't believe you can save a document to the phone home screen/desktop

Posted via CB10
    01-07-14 09:18 PM
    There's a free app called DocuShortcut in BlackBerry World which sounds like it does this.
    But I haven't tried it.

Posted via CB10
    01-07-14 11:54 PM
    Ok, I tried DocuShortcut from BlackBerry World and it will create shortcuts to individual files, folders and system settings on your phone's homescreen.
    It actually seems pretty neat with a fair assortment of icons to choose from and would be just what the OP is looking for.
    It's says that it's a "Native app built with Cascades" but doesn't have the 'Built for BlackBerry' rating like some of the dev's other apps.
    It apparently requests only the 'Shared Files' permission.
    When I turned off this permission in the App Permissions settings I was still able to browse Files and Setting and create Shortcuts, (so I don't know what's going on there).
    When the app is uninstalled the shortcuts remain and still function on your homescreen.

Posted via CB10
    01-08-14 02:08 AM
    Hey,

How do you view hidden text of .docx /. Doc files in Docs to go?

Thhis is really urgent and important for me! Pls help

Narendra Modi for PM and Congress free India 2014
    02-20-14 01:15 PM
    Or you send an email to your email adress from your computer with the doc.

Posted via CB10
    02-20-14 01:33 PM