Hi,
    I'm thinking of purchasing either the Curve 8900 or Bold 9000.
    What I can't figure out is that if the 8900 has a document editor/view and BlackBerry Maps (GPS)

If it is OS based, please let me know if the 8900 features a doc editor past OS 4.6
    And I already know the Curve has 'A-GPS', but how is it different from the GPS in the Bold 9000.
    Please feel free to express(in detail if possible) your opinion about the two devices.

Many Thanks.

P.S I needed a phone with a document editor, that's why this comparison is necessary
    03-24-11 04:47 AM
    So...after a 100 views, nobody knows if a 8900 even has a document editor and GPS?
    Tsk...
    03-25-11 03:10 AM
    That's a pretty rude reaction. Please just be patient.

All BlackBerry devices with device OS version 4.5 and beyond come with the basic version of Documents to Go which provides basic document (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) editing. You can find all the specifications on the Dataviz website.

I have no idea regarding how the GPS capabilities of the 8900 compare to the 9000, although I believe that it has a full GPS chip and not just A-GPS.

Both of those devices are pretty old, though. You won't have the current technology and capabilities with them.
    03-25-11 06:07 AM
    thanks so much for the info

No ive made up my mind about buying the bold 9000 now. since in my country, you can't buy a phone on contract. need a bb temporarily, will hopefully move on to 9780 in a couple of months.

p.s if i'm correct, a-gps works over the internet(data plan) while the gps works with bis or bes
    03-27-11 03:33 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD