One of my good friends has recently purchased a Curve (coming from a Dare/Voyager...he switches phones a TON.) He's been BBMing me all night asking me questions and I've been giving him tips. I wish he could have all of my knowledge of memory optimization/themes/programs/shortcuts without me having to tell him! There's so much to do!

My aunt also called me today as she just bought a Pearl. She had a few questions of course. I should charge people for helping them! Haha.

I see so many people with BBs, and i feel bad for them because I know most of them don't even know the potential of their devices. Some people that I've spoken to didn't even know you can download 3rd party apps other than facebook. It makes me quite sad.
    01-16-09 11:17 PM
    One of my good friends has recently purchased a Curve (coming from a Dare/Voyager...he switches phones a TON.) He's been BBMing me all night asking me questions and I've been giving him tips. I wish he could have all of my knowledge of memory optimization/themes/programs/shortcuts without me having to tell him! There's so much to do!

My aunt also called me today as she just bought a Pearl. She had a few questions of course. I should charge people for helping them! Haha.

I see so many people with BBs, and i feel bad for them because I know most of them don't even know the potential of their devices. Some people that I've spoken to didn't even know you can download 3rd party apps other than facebook. It makes me quite sad.

Yeah but just think at one point you didn't know anything either. I'm sure they appreciate your advice and helpful knowledge of the bb.
    01-16-09 11:19 PM
    I'm not saying it's a negative thing at all! I remember when I didn't know anything. I quite enjoy helping people learn things about their device, as it's something I love so much. I sometimes feel like I bombard them with too much information. A guy that I'm friends with on another forum (music) bought a Storm, and I was the first person he PMed with questions. I sent him so many PMs back with so much information that it's ridiculous.
    01-16-09 11:22 PM
    That's awesome man, I was the same way when I first got mine. Luckily for me my brother works for alltel and gave me the whole blackberry training and tutorial walk-through just like I was working for them. it was pretty nice.
    01-16-09 11:31 PM
    I know enough to get by okay. For everything else, I come here.
    01-16-09 11:33 PM
    I wish I had your knowledge too
    01-16-09 11:55 PM
    Here's the thing, we all learn from each other. There is tons of
    stuff I learn here and from my friends. They learn from me too.
    It's all about sharing with each other and making each other better.

I like walking my friends through their issues. I like when I learn
    a new trick or tip.
    01-17-09 12:01 AM
    Yep! My co-worker has had a bb for about 1 year and its a mess. I'm just itching to take over his bb. His memory is non-existant because he refuses to get a SD card, he insists that he must plug into his desktop manager to get his pin #, he complains about all the unused icons he sees but he doesn't want to hide them....I could go on and on lol. I definitely understand about being new and not knowing much but at least I was willing to learn!
    01-17-09 12:04 AM
    I wish everyone I knew had BB's in general so I could just use BBM and finally ditch MSN

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-17-09 01:14 AM
    oh you're so modest trebb
    01-17-09 02:15 AM
    I am sorry but this is my first BB and only had it for a month and I don't know a lot. If it wasn't for this website I would have been clueless. I thought about returning mine at one point but stumble across this website and haven't been the same since.

01-17-09 02:51 AM
    If you suspect an overdose, seek medical attention immediately
    In addition to consulting an online doctor, lawyer or financial advisor in our community, you may request a doctor, lawyer or financial advisor you already work with to provide online consultations

escatter11 fullerton edu/nfs/view_profile php?userid=1110]avelox 400mg

People could be asking for drugs from a doctor without having a solid understanding of what they could gain or lose by taking the medication
    The body's immune system attacks and destroys the joint, causing pain and swelling It can lead to reduction of movement, and the breakdown of bone and cartilage
    The Gallup Organization was retained in 2007 to conduct the survey
    Huh?

Also OP, yes I would love it if everyone had my knowledge of BBs, or even better, if they knew more. I get calls every other day for JVM errors that upset people because they have never heard of DM!
    10-05-09 01:18 PM
    I typically don't mind. Once in a while I get really annoyed when I get like ten texts all the same time asking for help. I will admit though that I do love people coming to me for help.

10-05-09 01:58 PM
    ... If its not a quick question, I just point them toward crackberry.com

10-05-09 02:14 PM
    Revival of an old thread, here, for certain.

CrackBerry archaeology, gotta love it.

10-05-09 02:43 PM
    I wish all these knowledgeable people would read my post...
    which I can't post a link because I'm too new
    10-05-09 02:52 PM
    Yeah its good to pass on knowledge an all.I learned a lot just by watching the blackberry help guide as well as on crackberry has help me even just from reading the threads not always posting them
    But guess everyone here was a noob once .

10-05-09 03:01 PM
    Nope - I'm glad that everyone does not have my BB knowledge - cause then I wouldn't have anywhere to go when I have questions !

10-05-09 04:10 PM
    But I do something about it and share my knowledge of BB.

I've helped numerous family and friends with setting up their BBM, telling them about 3rd Party Apps, memory optimization, troubleshooting, etc.

I've even gotten to know lady friends (and my current gf) through BBM because I showed them how to use it.

It feels good to be a go-to person for BB and to help people learn about their devices. But I never mind learning from other BB Addicts who are more knowledegable than I am. I stay humble and willing to learn new things everyday.

And when you teach somebody, it'll pay off because they'll show other people what they've learned and the BB Community will keep going strong. iPhone users wish they had something like this, because it's unique.
    10-06-09 12:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD