There are really bluescreens on Surface Book? Not my experience, and I haven't seen those on the forums I've visited looking for solutions. While there have certainly been issues on this 1.0 release of the product, I'd say it's worth it. I'm about a week in. I just got Threshold 2 last night and they nailed a lot of the really annoying issues.

Here's a use case they missed but then fixed... with the dual battery configuration between the base and the screen/tablet, they had the batteries balanced to discharge, so the screen/tablet battery was discharging proportionally to the base while attached. That's nuts, because then when you remove the screen/tablet, you don't have a full charge when the base still has 80%. They finally fixed it to discharge the base first when attached, then the screen/tablet.
    11-15-15 02:04 PM
    Don't chromebooks need an Internet connection to do much of anything with them?
    Chromebooks really are only marginally less useful than Windows or OSX computers without internet connections. You can still use Google Docs, Sheets, Slides (the equivalents to Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and other similar programs off-line.

The biggest issue with chromebooks as primary devices is you need Wi-Fi capable cloud printers if you want to print anything from them.
    11-16-15 06:39 PM
    Printouts - how quaint! I have an old box of green-bar around here somewhere...

I'm kidding of course, but I consider printers almost like bank checks... can't remember the last time I needed one.

I remember when we used to do our W2 forms at the end of the year with the humongous fly-sheet that went through the 7-part form. The only printer that could hammer hard enough to get through all the copies was an NCR band printer. I always liked band printers.

We'd take that fly-sheet and loop it around the Account Department office as a decoration.
    11-16-15 07:02 PM
    PC for 22 years and I will rest of the life if have choice

Posted via CB10
    11-16-15 09:21 PM
    There are really bluescreens on Surface Book? Not my experience, and I haven't seen those on the forums I've visited looking for solutions. While there have certainly been issues on this 1.0 release of the product, I'd say it's worth it. I'm about a week in. I just got Threshold 2 last night and they nailed a lot of the really annoying issues.

Here's a use case they missed but then fixed... with the dual battery configuration between the base and the screen/tablet, they had the batteries balanced to discharge, so the screen/tablet battery was discharging proportionally to the base while attached. That's nuts, because then when you remove the screen/tablet, you don't have a full charge when the base still has 80%. They finally fixed it to discharge the base first when attached, then the screen/tablet.
    from what I've read yes, the computer stopped working after after detaching the display.

I really like that product but I think it will need time to be as advanced as the surface pro 4 is now. But other than that it is a really powerful master piece but man MS really needs to get rid of some Windows 10 crap like telemetry and auto updates

Chromebooks are way too internet driven for mex also the fact that you can't install Windows on them is an absolute no go. I need my Windows and Linux mint on every pc/surface.
    11-18-15 05:20 PM
    Custom Pc with mint and windows

Posted via CB10
    Carrtman likes this.
    11-18-15 05:42 PM
    Macbook Pro

Jaglenn's Passport
    12-28-15 07:17 PM
    Windows Premium OS7 and BlackBerry OS10 on Z10

Posted via CB10
    12-28-15 07:27 PM
    Macbook Pro with windows 10