Do you? Call me addictive but I don't. I gotta mention that my landline numbers runs on my blackberry, too, I got no additional phone for that. I'm feeling it would be irresponsible to turn it off, 'cause who knows if some of my family/friends is going to have an accident and wanna call me. What about you?
    Last edited by BlackBerry-Freak; 03-06-11 at 10:26 AM.
    03-06-11 10:23 AM
    I leave my Blackberry on, just turn my profile settings to "Phone Calls Only" incase there is an emergency.
    03-06-11 10:27 AM
    Always on and in charging cradle.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-06-11 10:35 AM
    No. The phone sits on the charger on a different floor than the bedrooms but is almost never turned off.

03-06-11 10:36 AM
    I've never shut a cellular device off other than an occasional reboot on some of them. On smartphones I shut the notifications off to everything but the phone ringer as this is the only way family/friends can contact me etc.
    03-06-11 10:40 AM
    I never turn mine off. Just all alerts off. We have a land-line at the house still, so any emergencies will be on that line. Always on, and at hand! (Just quiet at night-time)
    03-06-11 10:42 AM
    Charging pod in bedside mode.

I believe if you put it on silent, nothing comes through unless you have specified a specific contact alert, right? Great way not to be woken up by spammers but keep up w emergencies.

Berrybuzz off from 11-6.

03-06-11 10:42 AM
    "Phone calls only" mode next to my bed.
    03-06-11 10:45 AM
    Charging pod in bedside mode.

I believe if you put it on silent, nothing comes through unless you have specified a specific contact alert, right? Great way not to be woken up by spammers but keep up w emergencies.

Berrybuzz off from 11-6.

Oh good to know! Even better than "Phone calls only" which I have on at night, too.
    03-06-11 10:50 AM
    I'd say "Phone Calls Only" mode while next to my bed, but that's not fair because that's what my phone is on 24/7. I just ignore it if I don't think it's important. It's never off, though.

03-06-11 10:51 AM
    I never turn my BB off. At night it goes on the charging pod in beside mode with all notifications off except for the phone.
    03-06-11 10:53 AM
    You can turn them off?
    03-06-11 10:58 AM
    Nope. I'm on call 24/7 for a variety of reasons. It sits on Vibrate next to my pillow
    03-06-11 11:08 AM
    Never turn my phone off just put in bedside mode. My settings for bedside mode: LED off, Radio on, Dim Screen on, Profiles to Silent. Nothing interupts my sleeping at night and if I get a phone call, it goes to voicemail which is why we have that feature right.

03-06-11 11:47 AM
    Auto On/Off.

I have no need of the device while I sleep.
    03-06-11 12:01 PM
    Never turn it off, phone calls only.
    03-06-11 12:08 PM
    Mine's always on. When I'm sleeping, I use a notification profile that allows only six callers to ring me on the loud profile.

03-06-11 06:07 PM
    Auto On/Off.

I have no need of the device while I sleep.
    +1. Agreed diegonei, it gets enough use during the day. At night I need to "dis-connect" from the electronic world
    03-06-11 06:49 PM
    Never off. Bedside Mode on my nightstand, settings are LED Off, Radio On (not even sure what "radio" function is supposed to be), Dim Screen On, Sound Profile is set to Phone Calls Only for family emergencies.
    03-06-11 06:57 PM
    Radio is your telephone/internet connection. Don't shut it off unless you don't want any calls/messages.

moiselles likes this.
    03-06-11 06:59 PM
    Never off. Bedside Mode on my nightstand, settings are LED Off, Radio On (not even sure what "radio" function is supposed to be), Dim Screen On, Sound Profile is set to Phone Calls Only for family emergencies.
    the "radio" function is what allows your bb to receive/make calls and allow data. If you turn your radio off, you'll receive no notifications/calls on your berry.
    moiselles likes this.
    03-06-11 07:00 PM
    Bedside mode in the cradle on my nightstand. Bedside mode is Auto dim screen, radio on, and phone calls only.
    03-06-11 07:06 PM
    Turned off and charging while I sleep, unless it's a week when I happen to be on call.
    03-06-11 07:13 PM
    Well, before I had a Blackberry, I always turned my cell off, because I felt like I should give it a rest.
    However, I read somewhere that a Blackberry can stay on all the time, that it was designed to run constantly.
    So, I never bother to shut it off.
    Maybe I will start doing that though... Does it matter pertaining to the functionality and/or affect the battery?
    03-06-11 07:22 PM
    I turn my phone off and put it on the charging pod on a desk downstairs EVERY single night. Always have.

03-06-11 08:29 PM
95 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD