There has been some rumors that RIM might release BB10 for the playbook prior to Jan 30th. The hope is it will continue the positive trend they seem to be having now.

I personally think it is a bad idea. With any upgrade you will have a group of people who are having issues, found a bug, or were not impressed with it.

To me they have more to lose than gain by letting it out of the bag prior to the launch. And while I am sure many would disagree I think they should keep it back for another 30 days after the phone launch (for the reasons I mentioned above).

What do you guys think? If you were in charge would you release it before, same time, or after?
    01-06-13 04:54 PM
    If there are bugs they will be found by that certain group regardless of when BB10 is released.

It makes no difference really.
    01-06-13 04:57 PM
    If they did it would be a developer only beta, as devs would need time to make sure their apps are good to go. IMHO. Beta release weeks or a couple months before official launch
    01-06-13 04:58 PM
    If I were in charge, I'd have it out on the launch date if possible, to put BlackBerry 10 in even more hands from the get-go. Having said that, my bet is that it will launch a couple months after the phones. All their resources have been focused on getting the phones refined and ready for launch, so I doubt they'll have it ready this quickly.
    01-06-13 05:05 PM