View Poll Results: Do you think the "open letter" to RIM was real or fake?

Voters
97. You may not vote on this poll
  • Real

42 43.30%
  • Fake - written by BGR

25 25.77%
  • Fake - written by non-employee and sent to BGR

30 30.93%
    Well people who work at RIM have responded in this thread and seem to think its real

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Can you enlighten us on who exactly you believe works at RIM, that took the time to respond to this thread?
    07-03-11 05:30 PM
    Thank you Katie ball is in your court....

07-03-11 05:32 PM
    They can speak up if they want to

07-03-11 05:42 PM
    Can you enlighten us on who exactly you believe works at RIM, that took the time to respond to this thread?
    I went down this path with her and it did not end well.
    07-03-11 05:45 PM
    Let's see proof!

07-03-11 05:48 PM
    Names, names, who are they, where are they? Wheres the them and theys? Fact is talk is cheap.
    07-03-11 05:53 PM
    Oh yeah, after RIMs response staff are going to admit publicly they support the letter writer. Riiiiight.
    Michelle Haag likes this.
    07-03-11 06:05 PM
    They can speak up if they want to

*waits for RIM employee to respond*

(I think I'll be waiting a long time. I read through this thread again... I don't see anyone that is really saying that they think the letter is real, let alone anyone that works at RIM. Sure there are a lot of people saying that the CONTENT reflects reality, but that's not the same thing.)

I can't wait for the day these threads die out. And for those of you arguing in every one of them, tooth and nail, maybe it's time to just let it go. It's a long holiday weekend in the US and Canada, ya'll should be out enjoying it, not wasting it arguing pointlessly over stuff you can't change.
    *shrugs* Just my opinion, of course.
    diegonei likes this.
    07-03-11 06:07 PM
    Agreed Michelle, and hope you do have a great weekend, but Katie through that out there and I'm calling her bluff.

07-03-11 06:11 PM
    Oh yeah, after RIMs response staff are going to admit publicly they support the letter writer. Riiiiight.
    What letter writer? The mod is right its a pointless debat (though it seems one of the first troll free I have seen), but people just just believe anything thats written, whether its microsoft, apple or RIM. Ok stick a fork in me I will let this one go.
    diegonei likes this.
    07-03-11 06:16 PM
    says people here, and people i personally know that have worked at RIM, as well as pretty much every single tech blog including this one
    You are missing the point, the first letter could be real, but due to the lack of specifics could very easily have been written by anyone. The main thing is that content isn't invalidated by it not being written by an real insider and your seeming need to try and prove it is true is simply unnecessary.
    Last edited by Skeevecr; 07-04-11 at 04:20 AM.
    07-04-11 04:17 AM
    let me chime in here... i personally think am part of the 50/50 side... but if it is real, then it sure as well isnt from a top exec or any kind of exec... look at the style of writing... this is NOT how a exec would write... there are grammar errors, and just overall the wording, it sounds like a younger person. Not someone who has been in the business for years and knows how to write, regardless if its an open letter or not.

if it is real its from a lower employee who is just saying the same stuff we all know about... i for one love RIM products. i have tried android and iOS and they are not for me. RIM is what i need and i for one hope they can get out of this. I know they will. but they do need to work on the stuff mentioned from CB, and the letter which everyone knows are problems.
    07-04-11 10:46 AM
    Yes there is a lot RIM need to work on. I am quite sure a point is being made now. You just keep pounding it deeper and deeper with your right wing fact sheet, to you anyway.

Who are you trying to sway? RIM?

I understand investors to a point being pissed about all this, but if not doing well, get out and get into something else.

What is your main motive here Katie besides it seeming like you want change. Change takes time....

Last edited by Crucial_Xtreme; 07-05-11 at 10:09 AM. Reason: edited for content
    07-04-11 09:04 PM
    why would a company that is dominating the tablet market and the other who is dominating the smartphone market PAY people to post on a forum of a product that currently is in no way a threat to either.
    I'm not saying I agree with the original thought on this one but...are you kidding, big dogs snuff out smaller dogs constantly. Google doesn't even pay taxes but they would still crunch any potential competition if only to allow them to continue to pump out their own beta products.
    07-04-11 10:34 PM
    Some of these vehement RIM haters gotta be paid posters. Have apple and android sunk so low as to use pr firms to work a BlackBerry enthusiast site?
    Yes, they have. In fact, none of the PlayBook criticisms are accurate; Apple and Google fans just made them all up. In fact, Apple and Google wrote the reviews, and the reviewers just published them. RIM finished the PlayBook software back in September, but ever since Apple and Google surrounded RIM's Waterloo headquarters with people wearing black turtlenecks RIM has been unable to provide the finished software to its customers.

Also, the 9900 has been in production for the three months, but Apple and Google are preventing RIM from shipping it. The QNX phones are ready as well, but Apple and Google are blocking those too.

Finally, Steve Jobs himself wrote all of the alleged "employee" letters from the last week, with some help from Sergey Brin and Larry Page. Sure, Steve's been on medical leave and Larry is still settling in as CEO, but they're willing to come in on an off day just to mess with RIM, a company which is a fabulous victim and is apparently helpless to defend itself. So yes, I can confirm that Apple and Google are in a PR campaign against RIM, and that none of RIM's alleged "mistakes" are their own. You caught 'em, Tonis. Congratulations.
    07-04-11 11:38 PM
    Yes, they have. In fact, none of the PlayBook criticisms are accurate; Apple and Google fans just made them all up. In fact, Apple and Google wrote the reviews, and the reviewers just published them. RIM finished the PlayBook software back in September, but ever since Apple and Google surrounded RIM's Waterloo headquarters with people wearing black turtlenecks RIM has been unable to provide the finished software to its customers.

Also, the 9900 has been in production for the three months, but Apple and Google are preventing RIM from shipping it. The QNX phones are ready as well, but Apple and Google are blocking those too.

Finally, Steve Jobs himself wrote all of the alleged "employee" letters from the last week, with some help from Sergey Brin and Larry Page. Sure, Steve's been on medical leave and Larry is still settling in as CEO, but they're willing to come in on an off day just to mess with RIM, a company which is a fabulous victim and is apparently helpless to defend itself. So yes, I can confirm that Apple and Google are in a PR campaign against RIM, and that none of RIM's alleged "mistakes" are their own. You caught 'em, Tonis. Congratulations.
    Well, Facebook payed a PR company to spread rumors about Google's security so anything could happen. There's definitely enough hate for Rim in the media to make it plausible.

07-05-11 02:08 AM
    Well, Facebook payed a PR company to spread rumors about Google's security so anything could happen. There's definitely enough hate for Rim in the media to make it plausible.
    It's not just plausible, it's happening right now. Just don't ask me to prove it. . .Apple and Google are good at hiding the anti-RIM campaign. In fact, they even hired a Star Wars geek to perform the jedi mind trick on Mike Laziridis. Here's a summary of that meeting in July of 2010:

Star Wars Geek (SWG): So when is the touch-enabled Bold coming out?
    Mike L.: The 9900 will be available in April 2011.
    SWG (waving his hand): The 9900 won't be available in April 2011.
    Mike L. (nodding): The 9900 won't be available in April 2011.
    SWG: You'll release it in September or later.
    Mike L.: We'll release it in September or later.
    SWG: You know you should hire me. I speak javascript as well as Wookie.
    Mike L.: What? Security!
    07-05-11 09:18 AM
    It's not just plausible, it's happening right now. Just don't ask me to prove it. . .Apple and Google are good at hiding the anti-RIM campaign. In fact, they even hired a Star Wars geek to perform the jedi mind trick on Mike Laziridis. Here's a summary of that meeting in July of 2010:

Star Wars Geek (SWG): So when is the touch-enabled Bold coming out?
    Mike L.: The 9900 will be available in April 2011.
    SWG (waving his hand): The 9900 won't be available in April 2011.
    Mike L. (nodding): The 9900 won't be available in April 2011.
    SWG: You'll release it in September or later.
    Mike L.: We'll release it in September or later.
    SWG: You know you should hire me. I speak javascript as well as Wookie.
    Mike L.: What? Security!
    Joke all you want but all you have to do is look at politicians near elections to realize how much of this stuff goes on.
    So Rim is a little late, so what, September is perfect timing for me, that's when my 2 year vodafone contract ends. Can you imagine having to wait 2-3 months before I could get my hands on one? Lol

07-05-11 09:35 AM
    Enough. All of this bickering is ridiculous and definitely goes beyond the scope of the OP. Ok so Katie believes the letters are real and some don't. It's not a big deal. We're here for discussion people. And we don't all have to agree. We shouldn't all agree on everything anyway. But if you can't respect others right to have a differing opinion than yours, then please just keep it to yourself & don't post about it.

Either get the thread back on topic without personal insults or it's going to have to be closed. Thanks in advance.
    diegonei likes this.
    07-05-11 10:06 AM
    The issues are real, THAT's for sure! Personally I think the letter was fake, BUT, there is NO denying that it addresses some VERY real issues, THAT is the point of all this! It's time for RIM to wake up, refocus and get back to being the great company we all know they can be! These "open letters" were all part of a wake up call. As RIM said in their responce (which I liked) they KNOW they face challenges. They have been aware of these issues, they just need to do more to fix them. BUT that's easy for me to say from the outside.
    howarmat, diegonei and grover5 like this.
    07-05-11 10:19 AM
95 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD