View Poll Results: Do you think the "open letter" to RIM was real or fake?

Voters
97. You may not vote on this poll
  • Real

42 43.30%
  • Fake - written by BGR

25 25.77%
  • Fake - written by non-employee and sent to BGR

30 30.93%
    i'm not angry, just annoyed, i think the attitude surrounding what RIM has left is lax, and as far as people denying there are issues

There's still no problem with RIM or BlackBerry as far as I'm concerned.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    i'm not trying to fight with anyone i just don't understand the brick wall stance, it's destructive as a community to not speak out about how bad things are, it's pretty fair to say the management needs a huge shakeup, and they're doing everything to fight it off, the more bad is said the more likely that is to happen. there's no reason for anyone to take it personally, i have as much vested interest in blackberry surviving as anyone.
    07-02-11 06:27 PM
    i'm not angry, just annoyed, i think the attitude surrounding what RIM has left is lax, and as far as people denying there are issues

i'm not trying to fight with anyone i just don't understand the brick wall stance, it's destructive as a community to not speak out about how bad things are, it's pretty fair to say the management needs a huge shakeup ...
    You see it this way because you're not happy with the products. I see nothing wrong because I'm pleased with the service and the products.

07-02-11 06:35 PM
    Everyone knows geller wrote the letters and has it out for rim.
    He's so anti rim its sickening. Yes there is problems but who is he to discuss them on tv. I'm sure he begged for the exposure to his site of lies.....

07-02-11 06:37 PM
    Spreading negativity doesn't help problems. I'm not saying lie and say everything is perfect and there are no worries and let's hold hands and skip through the daisies... But no one is saying anything new. No one here can fix the problems for RIM. All that is accomplished in these threads is a lot of whining and complaining and negative comments from people who feel they could do a better job.
    I understand as well as anyone the need to vent. But when debate turns into arguing, it's just time for everyone to step away, take a deep breath, and remember, everyone is entitled to an opinion. Someone could feel that the issues aren't as bad as the next person feels they are, and that's good. Not everyone needs to feel the same exact way, and you can go back and forth about it all day, but there's next to no chance that you will change anyone's opinion.

(katiepea, I'm not speaking to you specifically... I'm using "you" in a general sense of the word.)
    diegonei and Jake Storm like this.
    07-02-11 06:37 PM
    You see it this way because you're not happy with the products. I see nothing wrong because I'm pleased with the service and the products.

Then it will come as a complete shock to you when RIM are no longer able to provide you with your service and products because they ignored the 99% of the rest of us who are unhappy.
    katiepea likes this.
    07-02-11 06:40 PM
    Everyone knows geller wrote the letters and has it out for rim.
    He's so anti rim its sickening. Yes there is problems but who is he to discuss them on tv. I'm sure he begged for the exposure to his site of lies.....

who is everyone?, look at the poll on the top of the page
    07-02-11 06:40 PM
    Its a open poll that I'm sure every bgr and apple fanboi came to vote for.....

07-02-11 06:49 PM
    Maybe Rim is behind the letter, no such thing as bad publicity right? Their name is constantly on the news.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9700 using Tapatalk
    07-02-11 06:54 PM
    Its a open poll that I'm sure every bgr and apple fanboi came to vote for.....
    actually, if you look at it, it's tied between those that think it's real and those that think it's fake.
    diegonei and howarmat like this.
    07-02-11 06:54 PM

You are in the minority. To say the very least. Even RIM themselves from top to bottom see many problems with themselves. The two CEO's see the problems and are in the process of trying to correct them. I respect your opinion and you're definitely entitled to it, but you are one of very few. But I will guarantee you that the needs of the few will never outweigh the needs of the many. Any and all day.
    katiepea and howarmat like this.
    07-02-11 08:11 PM
    the thread could be closed after that, nothing else to say
    07-02-11 08:13 PM
    As long as Gellers out there writing bs their is always much to be said....

07-02-11 08:45 PM
    what's your take on the validity of the letters crucial_xtreme?
    07-02-11 08:46 PM
    what's your take on the validity of the letters crucial_xtreme?
    I think he already said that, and most of us agree. The content is sound. So sound most of it has been on the CB blog and podcast.

What (most) of us are annoyed at is BGR's constant attacks on RIM. It is not like half the things he post don't apply to a lot of other companies. But he posts them as if they were excluse problems to RIM (pun intended).

BS sells. It is the same on TV really. And if BS comes from some well stablished blogger, it sells twice as much for twice the price.

Just think of the damage his BS is causing. RIM has enough problems. Giving bad analysts ammo to make stock drop even more is bad. People invested their money on RIM. People will be having a lot harder time if it keeps like that.

Survival of the fittest and all in for innovation. If RIM has to fall, let it fall. No need to gang over it... It is like Kevin said... It seems people want RIM to fail, while everybody was hoping Palm would make it.
    07-02-11 10:16 PM
    If my blackberry stops working (when flash memory is flashed out), I can get a new one.
    If BIS gets cut out from all carriers, then RIM has pulled the plug on their NOC. Only then will I use another phone.
    Until then, RIM is likely doing fine... I doubt the letter was legit, as the 50/50 term applies.

07-03-11 03:14 AM
    BGR is the king of the "unnamed source". They broke the story about an unnamed source at Best Buy that said the playbook wasn't selling. Remember? Wouldn't give them any credence.
    07-03-11 04:44 PM
    BGR is the king of the "unnamed source". They broke the story about an unnamed source at Best Buy that said the playbook wasn't selling. Remember? Wouldn't give them any credence.
    umm the PB isnt really selling...
    07-03-11 04:46 PM
    umm the PB isnt really selling...
    What are the numbers?
    07-03-11 04:50 PM
    Would like to see a definitive number from someone who actually knows what they are talking about, not just speculation.
    07-03-11 05:03 PM
    Well people who work at RIM have responded in this thread and seem to think its real

07-03-11 05:04 PM
    What are the numbers?
    they "shipped" 500k but Kevin estimates it is around 200k or so sold. It surely was not near as many as they wanted since they avoided the exact number sold every chance they got.
    07-03-11 05:06 PM
    No one that works at rim has responded in this thread????

07-03-11 05:07 PM
    No one that works at rim has responded in this thread????

Umm... Yeah, they sure have

07-03-11 05:12 PM
    Morgan Stanley estimates it at 400000. Lots of numbers floating around out there, but nobody really seems to know. BGR made two huge accusations in a month without a named source against RIM. Water cooler chit chat from RIM employees is not a very reliable source.
    07-03-11 05:22 PM
    Morgan Stanley estimates it at 400000. Lots of numbers floating around out there, but nobody really seems to know. BGR made two huge accusations in a month without a named source against RIM. Water cooler chit chat from RIM employees is not a very reliable source.
    they guess 400k shipped and were wrong on the low side by 100k
    07-03-11 05:29 PM
95 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD