View Poll Results: Do you think the "open letter" to RIM was real or fake?

Voters
97. You may not vote on this poll
  • Real

42 43.30%
  • Fake - written by BGR

25 25.77%
  • Fake - written by non-employee and sent to BGR

30 30.93%
    Guy's is there any doubt??? These are real ..... real fakes that is!!!

If this letter is real, RIM has bigger problems - because with execs like this in an organization you will never grow and over come any kind of internal strugles.

I don't think this is real for a number of reasons that have already been discussed in the thread, let alone that there are another 3 anonymous letters to be released - Give me a break!

CLOSE THESE RIDICULOUS THREADS!
    well investors and analysts seem to think they're entirely legit, as well as most of this community who have been around a while, and the people here who work at RIM
    07-02-11 02:44 PM
    BGR has had more correct leaked RIM information over the years than anyone else, this isn't disputable.
    More incorrect and/or made up info too.
    07-02-11 03:19 PM
    Gellers writing this crap we all know it

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-02-11 04:08 PM
    Gellers writing this crap we all know it

i don't think that's the vast majority of opinion at all, but even if he is, how is it crap? i mean the content is real... sorry but talk to people that work at RIM, pretty accurate portrayal. you should be thanking geller then for demanding a change in a failing ecosystem.
    07-02-11 04:12 PM
    It's inspired by real events? Hilarious! Demand action now!

07-02-11 04:16 PM
    The fact that people seem to be arguing who wrote it and not whether or not it's true is troubleing and a good example of everything that's wrong. Don't distract yourself from accepting there are problems

kevinnugent and howarmat like this.
    07-02-11 04:18 PM
    Problems are one thing what Geller is pulling out of his *** is another

07-02-11 04:33 PM
    The fact that people seem to be arguing who wrote it and not whether or not it's true is troubleing and a good example of everything that's wrong. Don't distract yourself from accepting there are problems

I don't think anyone is arguing that their isn't problems, it is very clear that there has been.
    Now as I write this I realize it is fully falling on def ears as I am clearly just delusional and RIM is exploding from the inside and until I see that I will just continue posting in vien

07-02-11 04:33 PM
    As I've stated elsewhere, my brother worked at RIM for 2 years, said these letters are pretty common to what he saw

07-02-11 04:34 PM
    I owned one of those Chevy pickup trucks (mid '80s model) that had the "fire bomb" gas tank on the driver's side outside the frame. I remember when Dateline aired its "demonstration" of a car flying into the side of a Chevy truck causing a fiery explosion. I thought it was hilarious when GM slowed down the video of the crash, and it became known that the truck exploded a split second before impact. Dateline, in all its journalistic integrity, was compelled to issue an apology to GM and said it was only trying to demonstrate what could happen based upon some freak thing that may have happened in the past. No, I have no respect for this kind of propaganda journalism. So, yes, the authenticity of the letters matters a lot. I'm sorry, but I still don't see any problem with RIM and BlackBerry. "But what about apps???" What about them? I just don't care. I'll take my BlackBerry with its worst feature (probably the browser) any day over a vulnerable, lagging, android os and an iControl os device that keeps detailed logs of my whereabouts. "But what about all the consumer moms who want to upload to facebook every five minutes???" What about them? There's still no problem with RIM or BlackBerry as far as I'm concerned.

07-02-11 04:40 PM
    iControl os device that keeps detailed logs of my whereabouts.
    I'm pretty sure you can't use this argument anymore.
    07-02-11 04:48 PM
    I owned one of those Chevy pickup trucks (mid '80s model) that had the "fire bomb" gas tank on the driver's side outside the frame. I remember when Dateline aired its "demonstration" of a car flying into the side of a Chevy truck causing a fiery explosion. I thought it was hilarious when GM slowed down the video of the crash, and it became known that the truck exploded a split second before impact. Dateline, in all its journalistic integrity, was compelled to issue an apology to GM and said it was only trying to demonstrate what could happen based upon some freak thing that may have happened in the past. No, I have no respect for this kind of propaganda journalism. So, yes, the authenticity of the letters matters a lot. I'm sorry, but I still don't see any problem with RIM and BlackBerry. "But what about apps???" What about them? I just don't care. I'll take my BlackBerry with its worst feature (probably the browser) any day over a vulnerable, lagging, android os and an iControl os device that keeps detailed logs of my whereabouts. "But what about all the consumer moms who want to upload to facebook every five minutes???" What about them? There's still no problem with RIM or BlackBerry as far as I'm concerned.

well you might want to speak to the people who have been layed off, if layoffs, stock drops, investors leaving, developers leaving, programmers leaving, no new products, sales dropping, profit dwindling, marketshare dwarfed aren't issues you see a "problem" with then kudos, let me know when you open your eyes... honestly if you don't think theres any issues or problems then i would suggest you take everything you have right now and purchase RIMM stock immediately, it's a bargain, cause it's gonna go up right?
    07-02-11 04:50 PM
    I don't invest. I just consume.

07-02-11 04:53 PM
    worry not friend, the palm forums were filled with people saying nothing was wrong till the end
    07-02-11 04:57 PM
    Rim will be fine Geller needs to realize that when you make things up you will be held accountable...

07-02-11 05:32 PM
    Rim will be fine Geller needs to realize that when you make things up you will be held accountable...

there appears to be more evidence that it's real, so where is the evidence that it isn't?
    07-02-11 05:35 PM
    Can we get a spot for "I don't care if it was real.. it said what most were thinking and it forced RIM to read it"? lol
    100% agreed. But I still think BGR's written it.
    07-02-11 05:41 PM
    there appears to be more evidence that it's real, so where is the evidence that it isn't?
    I'm sorry, I guess I missed the "evidence"... was there a notarized letter or something? I can't see a rational person taking BG's word as evidence.

Regardless, who cares about the letters? No one that cares about what's going on at RIM read anything that hasn't been said 1000 times before. There was nothing shocking or revolutionary in anything that was said.

And let's be honest... you could replace RIM and some of the specifics and have just about any company. How many companies in the past have made mistakes and faced layoffs? How many companies have disgruntled employees for one reason or another?

RIM isn't the first, won't be the last.
    diegonei and Jake2826 like this.
    07-02-11 06:07 PM
    so CNBC isn't thinking rationally when they discuss the letters for 10 minutes on air, on an investors program?
    07-02-11 06:09 PM
    Michelle - Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    07-02-11 06:09 PM
    No more rational than Dateline talking about fire-bomb chevys then rigging a "demonstration."

07-02-11 06:11 PM
    No more rational than Dateline talking about fire-bomb chevys then rigging a "demonstration."

dateline is magazine-opinion pieces not journalism or stock analysis, not even comparable. the fact that media can lie doesn't mean THIS is a lie. in fact this entire response from RIM and the argument about it being fake is ridiculously absurd, WHO CARES, IT'S ALL TRUE ANYWAY.
    07-02-11 06:13 PM
    Says Katiepea. Okay.

07-02-11 06:15 PM
    says people here, and people i personally know that have worked at RIM, as well as pretty much every single tech blog including this one
    kevinnugent likes this.
    07-02-11 06:16 PM
    Geez katiepea, why so angry? Please don't feel you have to beat into us that you "know someone who works at RIM" (your brother, yeah I know, you've said it several times now)... like you're the only one? I know several people that work at RIM. Who cares? No one here is denying that there are problems, but again, what company doesn't have problems?

I don't make a habit of watching the news, it's all skewed anyhow. I did watch that interview, and BG seemed a little too anxious to verify that his source was indeed trustworthy. Of course they spent time after discussing the stock and all that. All sorts of people are discussing it, and guess what? Scandals = ratings.

And if it's so "ridiculously absurd"... why do you keep fueling the fire? Walk away, let the conversation die.

in fact this entire response from RIM and the argument about it being fake is ridiculously absurd, WHO CARES, IT'S ALL TRUE ANYWAY.
    Jake Storm likes this.
    07-02-11 06:23 PM
95 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD