View Poll Results: Do you think the "open letter" to RIM was real or fake?

Voters
97. You may not vote on this poll
  • Real

42 43.30%
  • Fake - written by BGR

25 25.77%
  • Fake - written by non-employee and sent to BGR

30 30.93%
    Simple poll, do you think the open letter to RIM was real or fake?

3 choices:
    Real
    Fake - written by BGR
    Fake - written by non-employee and sent to BGR

please note that everyone is entitled to their opinions so no arguing over the matter.
    Last edited by BBThemes; 06-30-11 at 04:32 PM.
    06-30-11 04:04 PM
    Can we get a spot for "I don't care if it was real.. it said what most were thinking and it forced RIM to read it"? lol
    06-30-11 04:08 PM
    Fake written by BGR.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-30-11 04:25 PM
    Can we get a spot for "I don't care if it was real.. it said what most were thinking and it forced RIM to read it"? lol
    umm if i knew how to edit a poll...

but yes your right they are mainly valid points, not anything that the average CB reader cant glean from reading the forums tho tbh
    06-30-11 04:35 PM
    +1. Totally.
    06-30-11 04:59 PM
    I believe this article is 100 percent real. BGR is a very credible and reliable tech site. Their blogs are informative, truthful, and enlightening. A world in which BGR doesn't exist is a world I don't want to live in. :| <----(super serious face).

06-30-11 10:06 PM
    I believe this article is 100 percent real. BGR is a very credible an reliable tech site. Their blogs are informative, truthful, and enlightening. A world in which BGR doesn't exist is a world I don't want to live in. :| <----(super serious face).

haha brilliant sarcasm lol, thought you were being serious untill you called them reliable! ever notice how any of their `predictions` which turn out wrong suddenly dissapear from their site? bad journalism at its best
    06-30-11 10:32 PM
    Bgr is behind this fake letter

06-30-11 10:54 PM
    Bgr is behind this fake letter

well they apparently had another two and will publish them today/tomorrow (depending on ya timezone) so i think any niggling doubts over the validity will soon turn to total skepticism that one blog (that isnt a huge blackberry blog) could get 3 letters from seperate employees in one day.
    06-30-11 10:58 PM
    based on what people who worked at RIM told me, this letter is SPOT ON!
    06-30-11 11:05 PM
    if it's fake then i'd expect RIM to sue BGR for slander
    06-30-11 11:15 PM
    i smell total BS
    06-30-11 11:17 PM
    Rim will sue bgr just watch

06-30-11 11:39 PM
    I believe this article is 100 percent real. BGR is a very credible an reliable tech site. Their blogs are informative, truthful, and enlightening. A world in which BGR doesn't exist is a world I don't want to live in. :| <----(super serious face).

Thankfully, I downloaded the sarcasm app, otherwise I'd have needed to put my boots on.

As to the authenticity, debatable. We know that BGR has displayed an animus towards RIM of late, as have a whole host of rabid trolls. We know their strengths and their faults, and one doesn't have to be perfect to still be good. The future, regardless of the naysayers, isn't yet cast in stone. I read the letter, and saw little that we haven't hashed out already.

06-30-11 11:53 PM
    No offense intended Bla1ze, but do you really imagine that RIM is unaware of these types of criticisms? Not agreeing with and not following advice is a different thing than being unaware of it. Maybe RIM should develop an Adobe Stamp they can use in lieu of responding letters, to these kinds of oft-repeated highly publicized criticisms: "Noted".

You may be right and RIM may be wrong. That happens sometimes. RIM has done ok being "wrong" in the past. In this case, RIM has gone out of its way to publicly acknowledge errors in judgment and forecasting, but that hasn't stopped people from repeating the same criticisms as if RIM were impervious and unthinking. Would you be happy if the RIM CEO Squad fanned out all over the media landscape and went on one of those awful apology orgies?
    06-30-11 11:59 PM
    I think if BGR didn't write it- it was one of the recently canned RIM employees. Maybe a little bitter I would think.
    If a "higher up exec" didn't have the courage to put his name on the letter- he certainly doesn't have what it takes to be an executive.
    And if it really is a current RIM employee- I hope he is found out and fired. He isn't helping the company he claims to be loyal to.
    Last edited by maddie1128; 07-01-11 at 12:12 AM.
    07-01-11 12:01 AM
    No offense intended Bla1ze, but do you really imagine that RIM is unaware of these types of criticisms? Not agreeing with and not following advice is a different thing than being unaware of it. Maybe RIM should develop an Adobe Stamp they can use in lieu of responding letters, to these kinds of oft-repeated highly publicized criticisms: "Noted".

You may be right and RIM may be wrong. That happens sometimes. RIM has done ok being "wrong" in the past. In this case, RIM has gone out of its way to publicly acknowledge errors in judgment and forecasting, but that hasn't stopped people from repeating the same criticisms as if RIM were impervious and unthinking. Would you be happy if the RIM CEO Squad fanned out all over the media landscape and went on one of those awful apology orgies?
    i think it was more in a sense of it used to be `they know about it` where now its `they know we know about it` if that makes sense lol
    07-01-11 12:04 AM
    I think if BGR didn't write it- it was one of the recently canned RIM employees. Maybe a little bitter I would think.
    If a "higher up exec" didn't have the courage to put his name on the letter- he certainly doesn't have what it takes to be an executive.
    well according to the interview bgr did on msnbc or whatever, he said the writers been a `source` for years, or in real terms, breaking NDA`s left right and center. smart.
    07-01-11 12:07 AM
    It's funny how this anonymous sent an "Open Letter" only to BGR but not to others like Engadget, CrackBerry, Gizmodo, etc. I'm pretty sure BGR is not the only one out there.
    07-01-11 12:10 AM
    whether its fake or real it touched a lot of things that are wrong with rim. rim needed a good smack in the face and maybe these letters will be it
    07-01-11 02:33 AM
    despite the fact that its bgr i hope its real. i hope that the rumblings within rim get loader or rim gets bought up by one of the android companies (samsung or htc hopefully). i think the employees are fearing the future of there jobs, on the other hand if bgr is lying i wouldnt be surprised.
    07-01-11 07:08 AM
    It's funny how this anonymous sent an "Open Letter" only to BGR but not to others like Engadget, CrackBerry, Gizmodo, etc. I'm pretty sure BGR is not the only one out there.
    Because BGR is most likely of all the blogs you mentioned to post it, and post it right away, without verifying the identity of the person who sent it. I'm sure that it was sent to Engadget, CB, Gizmodo, etc., but they didn't post it because they first tried to verify this person. BGR, on the other hand, posted it seconds after they received the email.

Then again if it's a long time source, then it's likely that this person trusts BGR and sends BGR intel all the time, why send it to someone else all of a sudden?
    07-01-11 07:48 AM
    If that first one is real then it does indicate that there is a management problem with some of them apparently too gutless too actually do their job and raise this kind of stuff through internal channels and too arrogant to think that NDA's apply to them.
    Jake Storm likes this.
    07-02-11 07:36 AM
    Guy's is there any doubt??? These are real ..... real fakes that is!!!

If this letter is real, RIM has bigger problems - because with execs like this in an organization you will never grow and over come any kind of internal strugles.

I don't think this is real for a number of reasons that have already been discussed in the thread, let alone that there are another 3 anonymous letters to be released - Give me a break!

CLOSE THESE RIDICULOUS THREADS!
    Jake Storm likes this.
    07-02-11 11:25 AM
    BGR has had more correct leaked RIM information over the years than anyone else, this isn't disputable.
    07-02-11 02:43 PM
95 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD