I think they're disappointed. There was literally no surprises save for Skype and that isn't even available yet and who's to say Microsoft won't just change their minds and says screw you blackberry! ?

At best BB has merely caught up with the competition. The next Samsung device will be out soon and the z10 wil be woefully overpriced in comparison. Not that it isn't already.
    02-01-13 11:03 AM
    I don't see anything to be disappointed about.. people over hyped it in their minds before launch, nothing could have lived up to those expectations.. did you think it would cook you breakfast? The z10 does everything an iphone or android can do.. does it do anything extra? The UI is better in my opinion.. the browsers scores better.. other then that.. what else would it do? What kind of big feature were you expecting? I can't think of anything else I need my phone to do.
    No. It does not do everything an iphone or android can do. They have the apps. BB doesn't.

As for the browser the only advantage it has is that it supports flash. Android has browsers that support it as well. The BB browser is not the speed king nor is the device itself and the benchmarks prove this.
    02-01-13 11:06 AM
    publically they'll pump it up,,, they've mentioned a few shortfalls in "10" but will keep their largest disappointments in house...
    02-01-13 11:40 AM
    No. It does not do everything an iphone or android can do. They have the apps. BB doesn't.

As for the browser the only advantage it has is that it supports flash. Android has browsers that support it as well. The BB browser is not the speed king nor is the device itself and the benchmarks prove this.
    wow,,, right out of the BlackBerry BashBook...
    02-01-13 11:44 AM
    I think it's a great start for a new OS. Sure it needs work yet but a great base is there and devs will fill in some missing/shortcomings also.
    Moonbase0ne likes this.
    02-01-13 11:53 AM
    I think current BB owners will be thrilled with this phone, minus profiles/bedside/LED. that's can be added in future updates though.

Now current high end Android users won't be that impressed.

Sent from a galaxy far away!
    02-01-13 12:10 PM
    the camera can be much better in dark situations but at least it has a flash. they will improve on this for sure. The other great features like screen share are massive bonuses which over weigh those types of negative things. Camera they can fix so not a huge deal.
    02-01-13 12:58 PM
    I think current BB owners will be thrilled with this phone, minus profiles/bedside/LED. that's can be added in future updates though.

Now current high end Android users won't be that impressed.

Sent from a galaxy far away!
    Exactly how I feel. I have a Nexus 4 (first 3 smart phones were blackberry, last 3 android) and I'm the only person I know that is even remotely interested in this launch. I think the phone looks "nice." It looks like it might be comparable in a lot of ways, but I can't imagine any significant number of users switching from android or IOS. The hub and flow just look like slightly different ways of doing things. With jellybeans notifications, Google Now and the ability to use different launchers and widgets, I can get to anything that I need to in the blink of an eye. I said on another thread that I would probably still be using BlackBerry if this phone came out 3 years ago. Everybody i talk to thinks it's too little, too late
    02-01-13 01:17 PM
    Kevin, Chris and Simon all have experience with the alternatives. Anyone that has ventured away from BlackBerry and tried the alternatives will notices problems with BlackBerry 10.

In my opinion, BlackBerry 10 doesn't master anything. OS7 is better as strictly communication device and Android and iOS continue to be better for entertainment and everything else.

I personally am not disappointed as a set my expectations rather low from the beginning. I would say that I'm shocked that it took them so long to accomplish so little.

But meh, 9930 + a Nexus 4 or a iPod easily beats out BlackBerry 10 in my opinion.
    Darlaten likes this.
    02-01-13 01:49 PM
    The UI looks ugly. No really! I think even BB7 UI has more charm than that. The default font looks horrible and the UI elements are just bad designed. The navigation seems not very intuitive but I don't have the phone so I can't judge here. The specs of the hardware are good, the design is nice but it has no character to differenciate itself from other phones. And WHY they can't they launch the Q10 at the same time. People like that style of phone more. Atleast it has BB character. I also don't understand why the **** they keep that crappy Android emulator for ancient Android version on it. I thought they made "the tough decision" to go all new. Yes, they have a new phone with a Hub. Is it enough to get people switch back from iPhone and Android? - NO
    02-01-13 02:07 PM
    The UI looks ugly. No really! I think even BB7 UI has more charm than that. The default font looks horrible and the UI elements are just bad designed. The navigation seems not very intuitive but I don't have the phone so I can't judge here. The specs of the hardware are good, the design is nice but it has no character to differenciate itself from other phones. And WHY they can't they launch the Q10 at the same time. People like that style of phone more. Atleast it has BB character. I also don't understand why the **** they keep that crappy Android emulator for ancient Android version on it. I thought they made "the tough decision" to go all new. Yes, they have a new phone with a Hub. Is it enough to get people switch back from iPhone and Android? - NO
    They kept the Android player to inflate their app numbers. BlackBerry has said that 40% of all BB10 apps are ported android apps. Thats 28,000+ Android apps. The rest of the 70,000 apps is mostly made up of a strange mixture of different app languages. All told, there are only approximately 1,000 natively BB10 apps. So in otherwords, simple web apps like the dumb launchers out number native apps.
    richardat likes this.
    02-01-13 02:16 PM
    This is the beginning of it all.

Guys!
    Chill. Relax. Take a seat and stretch those legs a bit.

The OS is awesome.
    The platform is rock solid.
    And the device, well it is a beauty brilliant piece of mobile computing and communications.
    The features are just great, the design is pleasingly good and boundaries are just unlimited.
    The actual "get things done" (easily and quickly) device is once again back in our lives to make ourselves at home as we always wanted.

Now, ofcourse! We all want a bit more. We are yearning a lot more than what we have seen till now. I am sure, those things are also taken care of. Afterall, building up a whole new eco system and platform aint a child's play. Right?
    If Blackberry has reached that milestone with so much of brilliance, it is very much sure they are not going to leave any stone unturned to give us the best we always want.

Blackberry has just been re-designed, re-engineered, re-invented (and renamed too).

Let's remember;
    This is were it all begins.
    kbz1960, Wino Ryder and maddie8211 like this.
    02-01-13 03:56 PM
    This is the beginning of it all.

Guys!
    Chill. Relax. Take a seat and stretch those legs a bit.

The OS is awesome.
    The platform is rock solid.
    And the device, well it is a beauty brilliant piece of mobile computing and communications.
    The features are just great, the design is pleasingly good and boundaries are just unlimited.
    The actual "get things done" (easily and quickly) device is once again back in our lives to make ourselves at home as we always wanted.

Now, ofcourse! We all want a bit more. We are yearning a lot more than what we have seen till now. I am sure, those things are also taken care of. Afterall, building up a whole new eco system and platform aint a child's play. Right?
    If Blackberry has reached that milestone with so much of brilliance, it is very much sure they are not going to leave any stone unturned to give us the best we always want.

Blackberry has just been re-designed, re-engineered, re-invented (and renamed too).

Let's remember;
    This is were it all begins.
    Thank you.
    maddie8211 likes this.
    02-01-13 04:04 PM
    I think both... they are stoked to have BB10 out in the wild now.

But the Z10 and Q10 are not better than any of the premium devices on the other platforms and in fact is lacking in a few areas. Given time BB will refine the OS and provide some of the functionality that BB users expected and 3rd Party Developers will hopefully fulfill their "commitments" to the platform. And remember this isn't BB's premium devices, it will be the Ariosto that will be the direct competitor to the flagship devices for the other platforms.
    02-01-13 04:12 PM
    Fart-o-rama 4.0 and Paris Hilton NewsGossip aren't really all that important. There's plenty that the BB10 does that the others don't do.

The problem is that "RIM" really blew it with product availability. There's no point in even discussing the devices in the US market (let alone advertising them) when they're not shipping for another month and a half.
    02-01-13 04:14 PM
    i also dont see nything to be dissapointed about.. cant wait to get my hands on this thing...

but kevins review of the z10 was a lil weird.. he either sounded much more professional, or maybe a lil dissapointed.. normally talks with so much excitement he cant contain himself lol..

im gonna go with 'professional review'
    I'm thinking he had it written by someone else. Most of it.
    02-01-13 04:15 PM
    typical simplification of an issue to dismiss it. no sorry, that isn't the sole factor here. the topic of where we stand with blackberry today and where we will stand with it 2-3 years from now is entirely dependent on their ability to bring back subscribers that have left. as i've stated over and over, right now they aren't there. this is a fantastic upgrade for people who are still with blackberry. the phone physically is the nicest phone i've ever seen and the software looks pretty great. it however is not really enough to bring people back right now, though i do think perhaps with a few updates and maybe more new phones with a little boost in hardware specs that may be the case.
    There are 70 + Million users on BB so I don't think they are going away--and if even 10%% upgraded to the BB10, that would be 7+ Million new units ot there, so I don't think this will be a loser in any way. For those of us in the US--it's a bummer for sure, but the phone with the QNX system is 2nd to none computing wise--and always remember that unlike the Android phones out there, Blackberry is only Blackberry, not a lot of different phones using the same platform to try and compete with each other.
    As for Google maps--it can be down/side loaded from the web-- or you can just go to CB to download it. I did it with the work around a few weeks ago and it works perfectly. Here is the download link. Should work on any version of BB.
    http://dl.google.com/dl/mobile/maps/BlackBerry-47/GoogleMaps.jad

Give BB10 a year and then we can offer opinions on who is the best. Androids are certainly great phones and heads above iPhone but when it comes to computing on a phone, QNX wins out every time. IMHO
    Last edited by go1ndr; 02-01-13 at 05:28 PM. Reason: correction of link address
    Wino Ryder likes this.
    02-01-13 05:20 PM
    There are 70 + Million users on BB so I don't think they are going away--and if even 10%% upgraded to the BB10, that would be 7+ Million new units ot there, so I don't think this will be a loser in any way. For those of us in the US--it's a bummer for sure, but the phone with the QNX system is 2nd to none computing wise--and always remember that unlike the Android phones out there, Blackberry is only Blackberry, not a lot of different phones using the same platform to try and compete with each other.
    As for Google maps--it can be down/side loaded from the web-- or you can just go to CB to download it. I did it with the work around a few weeks ago and it works perfectly. Here is the download link. Should work on any version of BB.
    http://dl.google.com/dl/mobile/maps/BlackBerry-47/GoogleMaps.jad

Give BB10 a year and then we can offer opinions on who is the best. Androids are certainly great phones and heads above iPhone but when it comes to computing on a phone, QNX wins out every time. IMHO
    that maps file will work on OS 7.1 and below, not bb10....just FYI
    02-01-13 07:03 PM
    I
    But the Z10 and Q10 are not better than any of the premium devices on the other platforms and in fact is lacking in a few areas. Given time BB will refine the OS and provide some of the functionality that BB users expected and 3rd Party Developers will hopefully fulfill their "commitments" to the platform. And remember this isn't BB's premium devices, it will be the Ariosto that will be the direct competitor to the flagship devices for the other platforms.
    You know.....I might agree with you, if they were dirty, rotten, criminal, dullard, MS. The truth is, MS has time (in fact that's all they have right now) and money. RIM doesn't have either.
    02-01-13 08:19 PM
    Well listening the the audio podcast from the 29th they deem to be very excited about it and love it. So go listen to that and you will see how they feel
    jakie55 likes this.
    02-01-13 09:34 PM
    Agreed. The podcast seems to be a well thought out ( for that late in the evening) discussion. I for one, went out to try to book a pre-order at my local Bell Affiliate store, on the basis of their discussion. I found it balanced, with good pros and cons regarding the phone. The general consensus of go and buy it, sold the day. Anything but disappointed!
    02-01-13 10:15 PM
    Please do not judge the OS before you use it. I think to find the real charm you have to use the device. Some of you keep saying oh well it doesn't have this and that but what did you really expect from a 1st gen os launch. Most of the work on the OS was building the architecture for it to run on the OS and building the frameworks such as Cascades.
    02-01-13 11:45 PM
    Back to the original question. I'm finding the silence from the Crackberry team to be a little disconcerting. Is it just me, or have they all taken a sabbatical after the launch?
    02-02-13 12:31 AM
    Back to the original question. I'm finding the silence from the Crackberry team to be a little disconcerting. Is it just me, or have they all taken a sabbatical after the launch?
    What.. 27 posts in one day isn't enough for you? Nevermind the 6-8 hrs most of our writers spent on planes and getting some well earned rest, after unloading some of the best possible coverage from the launch events, doing podcasts, news appearances, radio shows, newspaper interviews and in general hanging out with the community at fan events on Toronto, London and New York lol. FTR, I'm excited for BlackBerry 10 and all the new things that come along with it, so don't get it twisted simply because I need a nap.
    02-02-13 01:02 AM
    What.. 27 posts in one day isn't enough for you? Nevermind the 6-8 hrs most of our writers spent on planes and getting some well earned rest, after unloading some of the best possible coverage from the launch events, doing podcasts, news appearances, radio shows, newspaper interviews and in general hanging out with the community at fan events on Toronto, London and New York lol. FTR, I'm excited for BlackBerry 10 and all the new things that come along with it, so don't get it twisted simply because I need a nap.
    Get back to work! . Thanks Bla1ze, nice to know you guys are on top of it.
    02-02-13 01:14 AM
69 123