Lets do a couple of things, before you go returning it.

With the sim card inserted, go to options or the icon that looks like a wrench.

In there look for something that says Device, and scroll down and find advance system settings. In here open Host Routing Table.

So
    Wrench > Device > Advance Sytem Settings > Host Routing Table

Once inside there, press the blackberry menu key and a menu will pop up, in here select 'Register Now' or 'Register Device'

Once you do this battery pull, open the back door and take out the battery then wait 10 seconds and put it back in and wait for reload.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    01-06-13 03:40 PM
    I will try this tomorrow when i have a bit more time and report back if thats ok

So glad everyone is so helpful around here!
    01-06-13 03:48 PM
    Sounds good

if you forget how book mark this

http://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Lea...rry/td-p/92334

good luck!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    01-06-13 03:49 PM
    Hi

Just to update. Took the phone back today, the guy wouldn't give me a refund. But offered to take a look at it to see if it was faulty. When I went back, he said there was no fault on it and it was working fine, so we put my boyfriend's sim in quickly, sure enough it worked. I still tried to get a refund. Have brought the phone home and put my Sim in again, nope not working at all. Can't believe it, have done the whole register device thing, battery pull and everything. Nothing.

My boyfriend says he will keep the phone as it is working great for him. I cannot face that guy in the shop again tomorrow.
    01-09-13 03:46 PM
    On the one hand, I'm sorry that your phone wasn't working for you but on the other, I'm glad your boyfriend found use for it ! You did a quick convert there

Here's to hoping that your next BlackBerry experience is more seamless!
    01-10-13 10:20 AM
    On the one hand, I'm sorry that your phone wasn't working for you but on the other, I'm glad your boyfriend found use for it ! You did a quick convert there

Here's to hoping that your next BlackBerry experience is more seamless!
    The BlackBerry did all the work honestly, he was so impressed with it. I was suprised as he is a complete android phone person and was like I don't like BlackBerry, with their keyboards, I like touch screen etc etc. Then he saw this one and was majorly impressed. Lol

GiffGaff have said I can swap sims or something (sounds like a faff!) to see if that works, as mine is a bit older sim now. Or I can sell it to the boyfriend lol. We're thinking of going back on Virgin anyway cos they are doing good deals with BlackBerry services included. I will tell them I need a new Sim, as had mine years!!

Have been looking at the 9320. dare I try one? hehe.
    01-10-13 10:57 AM
    I surprised GG didn't offer to swap your SIM when you first reported the issues you were having.
    01-10-13 11:02 AM
    I surprised GG didn't offer to swap your SIM when you first reported the issues you were having.
    Nope, they didn't. I was surprised at that as well to be honest.
    01-10-13 11:04 AM
    Hello

Quick update. After a couple of weeks, the boyfriend decided he would have the blackberry. He has taken it home, put his sim in which was working before and is having the whole lot of same problems again. Getting charged for texts he shouldn't be, if he tries to ring anyone, he gets a foreign message.

If I take the phone back again, as it is clearly useless and not working as it should at all, what shall i say this time? The guy wouldn't refund me last time and said there was no fault. am I going to have to chalk it up to be well and truly had? and just move on :/
    01-22-13 02:27 PM
59 123