View Poll Results: Do you like the icons?

Voters
54. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

18 33.33%
  • No

36 66.67%
    I thought we were just voting on current screen shots?
    Yes, you're correct. I was reacting to the critics from The Verge that the OP mentioned in his original post. Guess I got carried away ....LOL
    10-15-12 03:12 PM
    Let me see the actual, finalized BB10 icons, then I'd decide. :-)

Based off of the photos I've seen floating around, no I do not. I prefer the old icons to those ones.
    10-15-12 04:12 PM
    I don't know about ugly but expect more from TAT.
    10-15-12 04:45 PM
    Yes, you're correct. I was reacting to the critics from The Verge that the OP mentioned in his original post. Guess I got carried away ....LOL
    ugh...an hour and 33 minutes is a long video to watch from people I haven't heard of bashing a product I am looking forward to seeing. I didn't even read the OP, just voted and posted...lol
    shaleem likes this.
    10-15-12 04:54 PM
    ugh...an hour and 33 minutes is a long video to watch from people I haven't heard of bashing a product I am looking forward to seeing. I didn't even read the OP, just voted and posted...lol
    I realize that it hurts to hear people say anything negative about something you take personally, but I'd urge anyone with an open mind to watch the interview. I have never seen these guys before either, and aside from the usual, slightly snarky style of most tech type personalities these days, their serious comments were pretty fair, and in fact, I think they were really bang-on with a lot of their take on the situation. They only speak of RIM for the first 3rd or so of the interview.

NOTE: if you listen further, they criticize google's planned screensize on an upcoming device, arguing about a couple aspects of IOS which one describes as "terrible".
    10-15-12 06:29 PM
    Do you think they are gna change the icons? or is this the final version. cuz in the pictures of the actual BB10 L series the icons were the same. Maybe the background is making them look ugly. But everything those 3 guys said I disagree with. What I didnt like most is that they emphasized on the parts they didnt like and left out the important stuff. Like the amazing camera, Android or iPhone cant do that. The great awesome keyboard. BBM!!! with video chat and screen sharing. QNX and the OS itself, and how RIM transformed from OS7 to BB10.
    10-15-12 08:21 PM
    there probably not an icon-style that fits all people. allow customize theme is the way to solute the problem.
    pity bb10 not allowed custom theme.
    10-15-12 09:56 PM
    I really don't care about the icons, they look fine, we only need BB10 ASAP
    10-15-12 10:26 PM
    I don't see what all the fuss is about. It;s like judging a car based on how the ignition switch looks. If you're spending that much time looking at the icons, how much are you REALLY doing with your phone?
    Thud Hardsmack likes this.
    10-16-12 03:19 AM
    I don't mind the square icons... I just don't like the non-transparent app name underneath the icons.

I'd like to see how the icons look with the transparent app name to get a better thought on the square icons.
    I'm not sure what you meant by non-transparent app name? you meant the font? or the background? If i'm not mistaken from demo videos with a different wallpaper, the background for the app name is transparent with a grey tint. Without that background i think it will be hard to make out the app names when you have certain wallpapers on.

Personally i dont mind the square icons at all. I think they look nice and simple.
    Do you think BB10 icons are ugly?-bb10-homescreen-03-580-100.jpeg
    credits to techradar.

here's the article where the image is from
    http://www.techradar.com/reviews/pc-...1090522/review
    10-16-12 07:14 AM
    I'm not sure what you meant by non-transparent app name? you meant the font? or the background? If i'm not mistaken from demo videos with a different wallpaper, the background for the app name is transparent with a grey tint. Without that background i think it will be hard to make out the app names when you have certain wallpapers on.
    Yeah, from the other/most displays of the icons - it looked like the app name under the icon was boxed in with a solid colour (instead of being transparent) - but I guess it was just the background that made it look like that. So as it stands it's not totally transparent - which I think it would look better if it were. From the pic you provided, I'd rather not see any grey tint around the text. The icons are already square and the added colour around the text makes it everything look extra boxy and the screen looks more cluttered.

They should provide an option to enable/disable 100% transparency.
    10-16-12 08:07 AM
    personally, i don't think the icons are that bad! the text message icon in hideous though!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    10-16-12 10:48 AM
    @Alex_Hong:
    That's... definitely notmy style. They're not THAT bad, but definitely could use smaller size and good ol' transparency. App World is practically begging for that.

I really, really need someone to be able to crack open BlackBerry 10 and God forbid allow UI modifications. Now is not the time to compare BlackBerry 10 and other OS, but Android did better, and even iOS has rounded box icons, which are more aesthetically pleasing.
    10-16-12 11:10 AM
    By having them square, it keeps a similar look to the Active Frames. Hopefully, they will make the icons active as well. I like how my BB calendar icon shows the current date and not just 31.
    10-16-12 03:07 PM
    I don't think the shape of the icons is going to change. Look at them in BB10 App World.

Do you think BB10 icons are ugly?-blackberry-10-app-world-2.jpg
    10-16-12 07:11 PM
    Well, that's a pretty rigid design, guess I have to get used to it.
    10-16-12 09:37 PM
    They're not ugly.

They're fugly.
    10-16-12 09:38 PM
    They're not ugly.

They're fugly.
    You can say that again!
    10-16-12 09:41 PM
    Everyone has become dumb with phones, it will take a while for people to like swiping and whatnot.
    10-16-12 10:07 PM
44 12