View Poll Results: Do you think BB10 be sold out in:

Voters
68. You may not vote on this poll
  • stores in large cities, but only after the first few days after they receive shipments

16 23.53%
  • stores in large cities, the day after they receive shipments

10 14.71%
  • stores in large cities, hours after they receive shipments

1 1.47%
  • most stores in towns and cities, but only after the first few days after they receive shipments

8 11.76%
  • most stores in towns and cities, the day after they receive shipments

2 2.94%
  • most stores in towns and cities, hours after they receive shipments

2 2.94%
  • you will not be able to find BB10 devices in any stores

2 2.94%
  • all stores will have a constant supply

12 17.65%
  • all stores will have at least one or two in stock

8 11.76%
  • hovercrafts full of eels

7 10.29%
    I'm just wondering. There's a fair amount of pent up demand
    01-23-13 03:13 PM
    My guess is that it would probably depend on the demand in a particular area and how many units the store received. I can see it selling out at online retailers, though, but again that's depending on how many units are available up front.
    Spencerdl and DJM626 like this.
    01-23-13 03:17 PM
    damn, I didn't even think of online stores when i made my poll.
    01-23-13 03:21 PM
    It will likely go in waves. Fast, slow, fast again. I'd expect the first wave to go fast, and slow down as people wait ti see reactions and more stock. I would expect word of mouth to be a big game maker or boat anchor, depending on the user experience.
    Spencerdl likes this.
    01-23-13 03:22 PM
    How many Crackberry members?? Well at least half of that number has been waiting a long long time for this epic event. My guess, sold out within a day everywhere ......IMO
    01-23-13 03:24 PM
    It's really impossible to answer this without knowing...or thinking you know...how many phones RIM will ship! It's easy to manufacture a "sell-out" eg. Microsoft Surface. Will they put 5 mil. plus out the first few days lIke Apple did, or will they put out 200,000?
    Masahiro likes this.
    01-23-13 03:30 PM
    some stores will sell out. but i dont expect they will fly off the shelves.

unless they pull a Nintendo.
    01-23-13 03:43 PM
    Lots depends on how many phones Rim has ready. My concern is enterprise, they will probably get first dibs. I know quite a few companies are planning to replace a fair volume of phones, this could put a hamper on consumer quantities. I don't plan on using my enterprise rep to get mine as I want to own it outright but it is my backup plan.
    01-23-13 04:04 PM
    Wow, with the media, fans, etc... It is very possible, I could see a sold out from the top US carriers (AT&T, The-Mobile and Verizon). Maybe due to carriers not demanding a lot of inventory IMO, which will create the effect of Sold Out! I will say this tho' if they are being sold out within the US, I will be one of the users causing it... Lol
    01-23-13 04:22 PM
    I answered for Canadian stores only.
    01-23-13 04:56 PM
    Well, at Indonesia, there is a rumour that there are for about 50 k units of Z10 at whosalers safety boxes right now. But unfortunately, those cannot be sold on 31 Jan due to some new regulations from government. But I guess, at least 500-1000 will be out at 30-31 jan for marketing campaign purposes

50k is not big amount. Learning from what happened when 9790 launching, over 3000 units sold for only several hours. So, expecting 50k sold in 1 day all over Indonesia? It can be done. Especially RIM gives attractive discounts and all credit cards allow 12 months installment with 0 % interest
    01-23-13 05:32 PM
    Wow, with the media, fans, etc... It is very possible, I could see a sold out from the top US carriers (AT&T, The-Mobile and Verizon). Maybe due to carriers not demanding a lot of inventory IMO, which will create the effect of Sold Out! I will say this tho' if they are being sold out within the US, I will be one of the users causing it... Lol
    Definitely agree with this. It would all depend on how much the carriers are willing to stock for their respective release date.
    01-23-13 10:25 PM
    Didnt we already hear that the pre-orders from rogers were more than the entire stock they had ordered?
    thats a pretty good sign, for rogers at least.
    01-24-13 12:04 AM
    Man I just hope these carriers attempt to push the devices a little bit. I've been in a few carrier stores over the years, and you'll certainly see big lit signing and even video screens pushing Androids and iPhones while there's only a small piece of a table in the corner somewhere with a couple BlackBerrys. The Verizon store I used to go to had a small poster above the old Storm2 display they had when that came out, but inside some others, like the AT&T on Tusc, or the T-Mobile in Belden Village, nada. Last I was in my local Verizon before going prepaid, there was nothing displayed but an OS 7 packing Bold and Torch on the very edge of a table.

This has been my one worry for RIM's new launch; not the quality and innovation of BB10, as it clearly is ready to compete, but what are the carriers going to do to get people who aren't following BlackBerry or tech news for that matter to look at it, touch it, and find reasons they would want to choose it over all the fancy video monitors and lights and signs making other stuff grab attention directly?
    01-24-13 02:27 AM
    BB10 devices will sell out INSTANTLY...if RIM ships one to each store.
    01-24-13 02:31 AM
    Im hoping they dont. I would like to see big demand for them, but I wouldnt want people having to wait to get one.
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    01-24-13 05:06 AM
    Im hoping they dont. I would like to see big demand for them, but I wouldnt want people having to wait to get one.
    Agreed. I don't think a "z10 sold out" headline would hold more merit than a "soaring past expectations,________ units were sold during the first week the z10 was available to the public" headline.. Selling out and keeping potential buyers from getting the device would be a bad thing.
    Vorkosigan likes this.
    01-24-13 06:22 AM
    I'm hoping they'll ship enough to meet demand. However, in Canada at least, if they are sold out at the carriers people can check Best Buy Mobile.

When the iphone 5 was released and was 'sold out' according to all the news reports - my husband's store was stuck with 30 that they couldn't get rid of. They even had junior salespeople walking the mall with a sign letting people know they had them.
    01-24-13 06:30 AM
    I'm hoping they'll ship enough to meet demand. However, in Canada at least, if they are sold out at the carriers people can check Best Buy Mobile.

When the iphone 5 was released and was 'sold out' according to all the news reports - my husband's store was stuck with 30 that they couldn't get rid of. They even had junior salespeople walking the mall with a sign letting people know they had them.
    USA Best Buy sucks, unfortunately. They jack up the retail price of smartphones by at least $100 depending on the device.
    01-24-13 06:34 AM
    USA Best Buy sucks, unfortunately. They jack up the retail price of smartphones by at least $100 depending on the device.
    Really? That does suck. As far as I know the pricing in Canada is the same as what the carriers are. Where they get you is on the accessories.
    01-24-13 06:37 AM