View Poll Results: Do you swipe/flick up the keys on your BB10 touchscreen while typing?

Voters
175. You may not vote on this poll
  • Regularly

135 77.14%
  • Not at All

3 1.71%
  • Sometimes

32 18.29%
  • Rarely

5 2.86%
    Depends what I'm doing. posting something to Twitter or here for instance then I very often just type. If its one of many posts asking users who can't use BBM etc if they have BID activated, then the whole post can be done by swiping as its the same every tine
    02-05-14 08:13 AM
    I only ever type one handed on my Z30 now, it feels alien to use two hands. Type and flick with your thumb - superfast and supereasy.
    02-05-14 08:46 AM
    It seriously is probably the most useful thing during one handed typing.. I usually type it all for two handed use but if it's one handed, most messages come swiped through
    PS: this was a two handed message

Posted via CB10
    02-05-14 08:50 AM
    Nope, words are to small, faster to just keep typing

Posted via CB10
    02-05-14 08:58 AM
    I use it all the time. It is especially useful when I am saying something that I've said before, then it will predict most of the words. I would say 80 - 90 % of the words I want to say.

Posted via CB10
    02-05-14 09:43 AM
    When I want to say "Good morning, how are you?" to my friends in a message, the only letter I type is "G" then I'm flicking like there's no tomorrow. It is an immensely useful feature for one handed typing. Obviously, every feature is not for everybody. I'm just happy that you own a BlackBerry!
    02-05-14 11:57 AM
    When typing with two hands, NEVER. But when I'm in an elevator and carrying something, I find the flick up feature super useful!
    02-05-14 01:43 PM
    One of the great features of the BlackBerry 10 keyboard. Typing is so fast and smooth.

Posted via CB10
    02-05-14 02:38 PM
    Some of you all are over exaggerating the usefulness of this feature. I use it often, the word prediction should be much improved. You never really know which word will be choosen to pop up so you anticipate, flick up, then notice the word is wrong. Everyone here know Android "nailed it" with their word predicition feature. This is sub-par and def needs to be improved. AND you cant do two things at once with this feature. You cant be preoccupied because you never know which word is going to come up. You have to study each word prediction to determine if it happens to be the word you want or not.
    02-05-14 02:52 PM
    Some of you all are over exaggerating the usefulness of this feature. I use it often, the word prediction should be much improved. You never really know which word will be choosen to pop up so you anticipate, flick up, then notice the word is wrong. Everyone here know Android "nailed it" with their word predicition feature. This is sub-par and def needs to be improved. AND you cant do two things at once with this feature. You cant be preoccupied because you never know which word is going to come up. You have to study each word prediction to determine if it happens to be the word you want or not.
    Right! Ah ha! Sure! Yaaaaawwwnnn!

Posted via CB10
    02-05-14 02:54 PM
    I use it as much as possible. My wife has an iPhone and i'm always surprised how tedious it is to type an email on her phone! Love to swipe.
    That's the reason why I never got an iPhone. Wanted one when it first came out, then considered a 3G, but, no, the typing is just abysmal, and stayed away from it. Have to concentrate real hard to get it right.

Believe it or not, on the Q10 it's even faster, if you type the same repetitive stuff over and over every day, like a standard greeting when texting a customer, your name, your business' name and then ask them to get in touch with you.

You are NOT FLICKING, just TAPPING, usually the same spot (need to enable it in Settings menu):

"Hi, it's *myname* here, how are you going? I missed your call, please get I touch with me... yadayada...."

I'm now often doing more emails on the phone than on the computer, even though I'm sitting right next to it!

iPhone for me? Scr... ahem Q that! (posted from the latter)
    02-05-14 02:58 PM
    I flick words when I am one handed it every time. Two handed I rarely use it.

Posted via CB10
    02-05-14 03:00 PM
    Curious to see who actually uses this feature; when it was first announced/released it seemed everyone was in a hoo-rah about revolutionizing the touchscreen keyboard. Now, I haven't seen one post/comment about it in the last 6 months...

I used it when I first got my hands on a Z10, but after a while, it felt very unnatural and more of a hassle. After using my LG G Pro (Android 4.1 Jellybean) for sometime, I can honestly say that I prefer that touch keyboard over the Z10's. I've gotten less typos, and I am able to type faster on it than the Z10 and it's word suggestion and word prediction is very good.

My gf stopped flicking keys on the touchscreen a while ago and told me it was a novel feature, but not really useful. She also noted that the words appeared too small over the keys. I know there are space limitations, but the suggested words just seemed cramped and hard to read... For whatever reason, we just haven't used this feature since we first got the phone.

Do you use this feature?
    I find this is the best feature on BB10, I use it ALL THE TIME, and when I say all the time, I mean it. I don't find it too small of anything I actually find it perfect. Yet, I understand what you're saying.
    02-05-14 03:41 PM
    When using one hand yeah but with two I just type. I actually like flicking the words up. It's do convenient. I enjoy it.

Posted via CB10
    02-05-14 04:44 PM
    I use it all the time.
    02-05-14 04:50 PM
    One hand - I use it and it's a great feature.
    2 Hands not so much
    02-05-14 04:52 PM
    I beat everyone I race with my flick up, kick a@@ keyboard.
    02-05-14 05:07 PM
    I remember trying it when I was looking for a new phone and ended up "typing" an entire sentence just by flicking up, it's a great feature that you guys really should show off when giving others a demo of your devices.
    02-05-14 05:17 PM
    It's painless! I use it all of the time. It is what makes the Z10 and BB10 so unique and special in contrast to other handsets in the marketplace. Moving forward.
    02-05-14 06:40 PM
    Use it all the time, I'm swiping this right now.

Z10
    02-05-14 07:16 PM
    I say flick it
    Flick it good
    I say flick it
    Flick it good

Crack that flick
    Give the past the slip
    Step on a crack
    Break your momma's back
    When a problem comes along
    You must flick it
    Before the cream sits out too long
    You must flick it
    When something's going wrong
    You must flick it....

(Devo - Whip it)

I flick all the time

Posted via CB10
    dudoo likes this.
    02-05-14 07:43 PM
    Lol your post is full of crock.. maybe you are just incapable

Posted via CB10
    02-05-14 07:56 PM
    I use every time I use BlackBerry keyboard

Posted via CB10
    02-05-14 08:13 PM
    The word suggested are juste not good enough since i type in french and english.

Swiftkey predict WAY more accurately

Posted via CB10
    02-05-14 08:17 PM
    Only when I find it practical. If I'm walking and talking with someone in front of me and I need to have eye contact with them, I tend to type slowly and eventually start swiping - as if it's second nature.

But if I'm able to type without distractions, I refrain from using swiping since it's just so damn time consuming.
    02-06-14 03:15 AM
109 ... 2345