With the 98 series slider out the door for bb10 and the potential for the Bold time being limited with the full screen BB's coming, we could be at a point in the future for everyone who answers real keyboard to this thread to be quite disappointed in the future. I LOVE my Bold keyboard and would prefer to keep it over an on screen keyboard. This natural progression to large screens taking all the real estate is making the physical keyboard an endangered species.

Do you prefer the famous BB keyboard, or the on screen keyboards offered on the 98 series and future BB10 devices?
    10-08-12 08:02 PM
    theres going to be a keyboard version too, its called the N series and it looks a of a lot like the bold 9900 mixed with the touch trackpad of the porsche blackberry
    10-08-12 08:06 PM
    I love the BB keyboard. That being said, I am still anxious to see the full touch in action.
    10-08-12 08:09 PM
    I should clarify that i was not focusing on the immediate future for that observation i really just wish to know if people prefer physical kb or onscreen. I do however believe all will go onscreen due to hardware build costs eventually.

theres going to be a keyboard version too, its called the N series and it looks a of a lot like the bold 9900 mixed with the touch trackpad of the porsche blackberry
    10-08-12 08:15 PM
    Definitely the all touch screen. I like seeing more of the screen then having a keyboard take some of it up.
    10-08-12 08:15 PM
    Definitely with keyboard, even with the fairly nice BB10 touch keyboard on the Dev Alpha.
    10-08-12 08:23 PM
    I prefer the slider form factor as in Torch 9800 and 9810. I want to be able to both use the device as a slate (with the physical keyboard tucked in) or like a traditional bb with a physical keyboard. I sure hope the slider form factor is not completely off the table for BB10.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    10-08-12 08:38 PM
    i have a 9860 so ive gotten used to the touch keyboard and love it. missed the physical at first but now im good without it and cant imagine going back to buttons.
    10-08-12 08:52 PM
    I too love the keyboard on this phone. Its the best one yet.

When BB10 arrives though, I'll be picking up the full screen version. I believe that is what BB10 is designed and made for. I would be remiss, if I didn't at least try it out. If it turns out I don't like the full touch device, then I'll grab the keyboard version.

Sent from my Magical BlackBerry Bold 9900
    10-08-12 10:39 PM
    I'm still prefer physical keyboards, but I will try the BB10 "London" before I buy a "Nevada".
    10-08-12 11:07 PM
    I love my 9810, I'm hoping they'll make something like the blade.
    10-08-12 11:30 PM
    Glad to hear they keep the physical keyboard with the N series. I really love the bold keyboad and don't like the touch screen ones...
    10-09-12 12:00 AM
    Without!

Don't need the physical keyboard. All touch certainly raises the appeal for me.
    10-09-12 01:30 AM
    I am leaning towards the full touch keyboard. I totally enjoy my 9810 in the physical keyboard format, but am willing to try the bb10 full touch keyboard. I got to enjoy the android swiftkey, and believe I will enjoy the predictive text flick of the BB10 touch keyboard. I would even pass on the physical keyboard for that. after all, I still have my blackberry apps with a full screen and keyboard.
    10-09-12 01:50 AM
    The smartphone world is not a democracy, the minority does not have to go with what the majority chooses. It's a market and providers will sell to every section of the market.

The number of qwerty users has never gone down, the number of touch screen users has increased dramatically but it doesn't mean the qwerty is dying, they're still growing too albeit at a slower rate.
    10-09-12 02:31 AM
    the keyboard for sure, thats what makes blackberry, blackberry.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    shemaree09, o. l. t. and meierjn like this.
    10-09-12 06:05 AM
    I'm a big fan of the keyboard but the all-touch bb10 is intriguing me. I have not liked touch screen keyboards much but will give it a go.
    10-09-12 06:14 AM
    Definitely with the keyboard. It's so quick and efficient to use!
    10-09-12 07:49 AM
    I prefer a physical keyboard. However, I am willing to give the touchscreen keyboard a try. If I can type quickly and efficiently on the touchscreen keyboard, then I may go for that model of BlackBerry.
    10-09-12 12:01 PM
    the keyboard for sure, thats what makes blackberry, blackberry.
    That's what I'm sayin'. (for my position on the subject)
    10-09-12 09:17 PM
    Never been a big fan of touchscreen keyboards, but might give it a go
    10-10-12 05:02 PM
    Not a fan of touch screen...will try it....but do prefer a physical keyboard
    10-11-12 08:18 PM
    With the 98 series slider out the door for bb10 and the potential for the Bold time being limited with the full screen BB's coming, we could be at a point in the future for everyone who answers real keyboard to this thread to be quite disappointed in the future. I LOVE my Bold keyboard and would prefer to keep it over an on screen keyboard. This natural progression to large screens taking all the real estate is making the physical keyboard an endangered species.

Do you prefer the famous BB keyboard, or the on screen keyboards offered on the 98 series and future BB10 devices?
    While I am rather open to all kinds of virtual keyboards, I'm still not convinced to use them for longer texts. It is not the speed which drives me off this touch input, actually I can type somehow faster on some virtual keyboards, but rather the real estate physical key have to offer. Feeling the key and the feedback is important for me, especially when writing longer texts. You can say it just is more fun actually "hammering" those buttons than just touching your glass surface.

However, there is something which really, really worries me about the BB10 QWERTZ keyboard. You read right "Z" keyboard, I am referring especially to the german variant here. While the Blackberry keyboard is awesome for english texts, just like this one, it has problems with german texts. Our "Umlaute", those special characters like �, � and � appear in quite some words. To type those on my 9900, I have to hold down the primary character, "a" for example, while using the trackpad to select the character I want to use.
    Now BB10 has a problem - no trackpad or -ball. So how will we be able to select those characters in the future? I am sure this is not only a german thing, but some other languages might suffer the same problems. The layout used by the OS10 Bold is basicly the same as with all existing Bolds, just with straight aligned keys. So there are no additional keys available to enable a dedicated, direct input. Will we have to use the symbol key? Maybe RIM will use a combined way of touchscreen selection and physical key input?

In any case, if RIM won't be able to get this right, I *might* buy the full-touch device or, more likely, simply stick with my 9900.
    10-18-12 11:49 AM
    I love the keyboard but if i have to get a touch screen i am going to be fine. I know RIM is going to try to create the best touch screen experience.
    10-18-12 12:15 PM
    It depends on the virtual keyboard. They're not all alike. I like Swype a lot, but I haven't found a "tap system" virtual keyboard that I prefer to a hard keyboard yet. But that could change.
    10-18-12 01:55 PM
27 12