My BB is my MP3 player, but probably will be replaced by my PlayBook in about 6 or 7 days.
    04-12-11 09:06 AM
    I have a 4gb card full of music that I use for my BB, but I end up listening to Iheartradio more. That is until a few weeks ago when after the lastest upgrade the app force closes after only a few mins. of use. The play/pause keys on the Curve make it an great mp3 player.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-12-11 09:51 AM
    nope not at all. ill stick with my ipod as my mp3 and my mobile as my communication device. i like to keep both separate to get the most out of battery life
    04-12-11 09:58 AM
    Yup. I just need a bigger SD card.
    04-12-11 10:07 AM
    I use my Torch as my music and podcast (music) player exclusively. I find the battery life is really good when using the music player as well.
    Really? How long does it last cause I have a Torch and have been thinking of doing the same thing. Also, can you turn off the screen without the music stopping cause it does that with Youtube and I find that annoying.
    04-12-11 11:55 AM
    I would, except I don't know of any apps that stream music, and I don't know how to get them on my pc for free, legally.

04-12-11 01:01 PM
    I use my ipod at the gym but use my bb for daily use in my vehicle. If I know I'm going on a long trip though, I'll use the ipod. Have used Pandora some on my bb but not lately. It's pretty good. I like Wunder Radio to get my local sports talk.
    04-12-11 01:14 PM
    I listen to music on my BB all the time (rockin the Torch). I switch between Slacker and my music a lot, and am planning to get a bigger memory card to be able to add more
    I work an overnight job so I stay plugged in most of the time. The quality is great, and my battery lasts long enough to get me through my shifts not having to worry
    04-12-11 01:16 PM
    I keep about 8 GB of music, movies and videos on my phone at all times and i use it as a Flash drive.
    04-12-11 02:12 PM
    Everyday!! F-Apple and their proprietory BS. I gave my iPod to my son.
    04-12-11 03:19 PM
    When I sync my iTunes library from my Mac onto my BlackBerry through Desktop Manager I lose all of my album artwork and sometimes it won't show the correct artist name or album name.
    Somewhere here is the problem not the device. Itunes, mac, DM, and BBs just sounds like a train wreck. If you just have to have your itune libary on your bb the select all and drag/drop or copy/paste whatever a mac does to the device. I put my ol' Lady's libary on myBB and I kept album covers song titles and even video. So it can be done. Wmp does a good job of syching with the BB. I don't know what the mac has and what it can do. My 1st thought is that it won't play nice. That's the nature of mac.
    RavenFreak, what to you mean? I don't understand what ur saying. Pandra and slacker both have been mentioned several times in this thread along with a few other apps to stream music to your BB. What legal aspect are you talking about? You can legally put mp3s from your pc on your BB.
    Last edited by 13echo4; 04-12-11 at 04:10 PM.
    04-12-11 03:55 PM
    I always have a couple playlists from itunes in my bb. I don't listen often but there are times I listen.....
    04-12-11 09:24 PM
    I have music on my blackberry, but thats only in case I forget my iPod at home.
    04-13-11 12:30 AM
    I listen to music on my blackberry. I would rather ahve one device that does all instead of carrying two around.
    04-13-11 02:04 AM
    I have a 32gig card in my Torch and its full of music. I use the wifi sync with itunes all the time and it works flawlessly. Anyone still hauling around two separate devices is being silly.
    04-13-11 02:51 AM
    My blackberry is my mp3 player, and pandora on it rocks. I have the new ipod touch that I use for the blizzard authenticator and for silly games. My ipod touch is always next to my PC, my blackberry is the only device that I always carry with me, and lately my 3ds. My blackberry with the stereo bluetooth is priceless!

04-13-11 11:55 AM
    I for sure use my blackberry to listen to music and the battery life lasts great!

This is why i love my blackberry i can read my books through Kobo i can download music directly to my phone without having to connect to a computer. I can do it all with 1 device without having to not only carry my phone around but a nook and an ipod too ...?? no thanks haha my sister does that - its too much and im not one for carring bags.

I only use my ipod to watch tv shows and movies
    04-13-11 12:50 PM
    Longtime Lurker and first time posting for me.

Since I lurked this thread a few days ago I decided to sync about 1GB of music to my BB, just to test it out. Prior to this I had been using a 4GB Shuffle that has been serving me well here in the desert. Once I listened to the quality I felt much better about uploading music onto my BB and express ordered a 16GB MiniSD to my APO address. The Shuffle has been shelved and I'm sticking with the BB.

Of course, I am no audiophile, but I did notice subtle pieces of tracks that I didn't regularly pick up on my Shuffle. This could also be due to using noise-cancelling headphones for my BB vs the iPod headphones for Shuffle.

My Blackberry now serves as my all purpose device out here. I listen to music when we have downtime, read short stories and novellas while waiting for launches, and keep in touch with my family back home in the states via BBM. It's everything a soldier could ask for!
    04-14-11 06:53 AM
    All my music is in iTunes so my 4g iPod Touch is my media device. When I get a 6.1 BB, I'll try the Media Sync to put my music there. Just haven't been compelled to yet on my 5.0 Curve 8900.

And I installed an iPod adapter in my car which has been great. My next vehicle will have bluetooth for audio, then I can see having a single device.
    04-16-11 10:29 AM
    I've been thinking of using my Torch is my music player but I haven't been sure how much of an effect it'll have on my battery.

Also I hate the fact that if you turn the screen off the music stops (or is that just for Youtube videos?)
    04-16-11 10:48 AM
    I've been thinking of using my Torch is my music player but I haven't been sure how much of an effect it'll have on my battery.

Also I hate the fact that if you turn the screen off the music stops (or is that just for Youtube videos?)
    Streaming music is awesome on the Torch's batterylife, I use it everyday and have no complaints. But streaming radio apps will kill your battery faster which is why I use it when connected to a charger. And no, the only thing that stops when screen turns off are videos, nothing else. I always turn off my screen when its not in use especially when listening to music, just saves more juice.

xlDeMoNiClx#CB likes this.
    04-16-11 11:16 AM
    Streaming music is awesome on the Torch's batterylife, I use it everyday and have no complaints. But streaming radio apps will kill your battery faster which is why I use it when connected to a charger. And no, the only thing that stops when screen turns off are videos, nothing else. I always turn off my screen when its not in use especially when listening to music, just saves more juice.

Yeah I know for a fact already that radio apps kill the battery. It was music I wasn't sure about so this is amazing info. I always turn the screen off as well, it's a habit I've gotten onto after having an iTouch for over 3 years definitely helps.

Thanks a lot
    04-16-11 11:32 AM
    I definitely listen to tunes on my BB -- from my SD card, streaming Pandora, or from web radio broadcasts. I love streaming Pandora in my car. Haven't used my Sansa MP3 player since getting my BB since I much prefer the convenience of just one device that does all of it.
    04-16-11 05:15 PM
    IMO, Blackberry does not "blow" as a music device. Replicating sound through digital mediums is straightforward. It's nearly impossible to mess that up, and BB does it just fine. It replicates the MP3 as well as anything else.

The problem with the BB as a music device is the things that go around the music. Like equalizer, UI, enhancements, volume, and so on.

I use my BB as a music device to listen to short bursts of music. Like the last hour at work or walking a couple blocks to the post office. It works great. I have decent headphones and I don't use an equalizer. I don't expect much out of it and it delivers.

I'm kind of a snob, because I don't believe any MP3 player can be "good" at producing music. It doesn't matter if you're listening to the MP3 player and the best headphones, it's not a good replication of the sound. Therefore unless you've got a receiver with a good set of speakers, it will always be subpar to how it was supposed to sound.
    04-16-11 05:57 PM
    I have long used only my BB for music. I walk the dog with it everyday for an hour, and have used it at work at times also. I see no reason to carry a second device (I always have my BB with me anyways)
    04-16-11 06:59 PM
204 ... 6789
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD