I play MP3's and the occasion streaming radio station through the car stereo from my 9700. If you have all of your ID3 tags done properly the OS5 media player does just fine, IMO. It sorts everything by artist, genre, album, etc quite nicely and is easy to navigate. I don't care about cover art, and I don't use any app to sync anything. I just drag and drop the albums I want via Windows Explorer. There is an 8GB microSD card in my 9700 now and I'm planning to get a 32GB one in the near future. I wouldn't mind an iPod, but don't want to haul around the extra device or spend the cash on one.
    01-28-11 11:51 AM
    And FWIW my home system easily cost 3 times your annual salary so save your derision for someone to whom it will matter.
    Wow, that quote is priceless. My Dad can beat up your Dad... It's a sad in in the CB forums... Retired Mod too. This is great entertainment please do go on about yourself. I really want to know more about your awesome stereo. Man I envy you so much... How much did you pay again?
    01-28-11 12:44 PM
    Currently listening to Genesis @ the Shrine Auditorium, 01/24/75. A classic moment in rock history.
    01-28-11 12:50 PM
    I wouldn't mind an iPod, but don't want to haul around the extra device or spend the cash on one.
    I use both my BB and my ipod. I prefer the Ipod for extended listening but will use my BB if I walk to work or go out for a lunch break. Sometimes I do get annoyed by carrying two separate devices, but it is worth the trade-offs IMHO.
    01-28-11 12:53 PM
    Sometimes I use my BB for music, but I hate when I get a text and it interrupts. Yeah yeah I know you say well if you're listening to music, they why don't you just turn it to silent or vibrate? .. Well, sometimes I have it playing while Im cleaning and I'd like to know when it get a message and for it not to completely throw off my song. Just like my iPod fades out just a bit to alert me, why not have that for the Bold? #justsaying
    01-29-11 01:25 AM
    I listen to music on my Tour daily. The sound quality is awesome. Sure, it doesn't hold the quantity of music as my iPod but have a BB folder in iTunes and just switch things up from time to time. I have given my iPod to my 13 yr old son, making him very happy.
    01-29-11 05:18 AM
    I use it when I don't brink my ipod touch!
    01-29-11 02:56 PM
    I've been listening to Pandora on my drive to/from work and it sounds great. As stated, all lossy compression digital playback is a compromise. Some, like Neil Young, even think CD format is a travesty, but I remember 8-track and cassette car players and it sounds better than those did to me, especially in the car with all the road noise.

I have 2 issues though: 1) the stupid media player on my Storm2 spits out a warning on hearing damage that I have to ok whenever I choose a song! If I go to a different dir and choose another I have to press ok to the same dumb msg again. Any way to disable that?

2) I recently loaded XMSirius on the S2. The app is a pos, but that's for another thread...

I have a disk-based player (currently an 80GB iPod 5.5Gen running Rockbox OS) but lately I've grown tired of hearing my own collections and like the internet radio apps for some surprises in the rotations. The XMSirius subscription was an impulse buy when a rep called me to renew my new-car intro subscription (w/60% discount) but so far, it can't touch Pandora for quality and usability over a wireless data connection on my Storm2.
    01-29-11 03:12 PM
    I've been listening to Pandora on my drive to/from work and it sounds great. As stated, all lossy compression digital playback is a compromise. Some, like Neil Young, even think CD format is a travesty, but I remember 8-track and cassette car players and it sounds better than those did to me, especially in the car with all the road noise.

I have 2 issues though: 1) the stupid media player on my Storm2 spits out a warning on hearing damage that I have to ok whenever I choose a song! If I go to a different dir and choose another I have to press ok to the same dumb msg again. Any way to disable that?

2) I recently loaded XMSirius on the S2. The app is a pos, but that's for another thread...

I have a disk-based player (currently an 80GB iPod 5.5Gen running Rockbox OS) but lately I've grown tired of hearing my own collections and like the internet radio apps for some surprises in the rotations. The XMSirius subscription was an impulse buy when a rep called me to renew my new-car intro subscription (w/60% discount) but so far, it can't touch Pandora for quality and usability over a wireless data connection on my Storm2.
    Two things I love in life (besides my wife and family) is Pandora and Netflix. I used to use Slacker, but now I use Pandora exclusively. It does an almost magical job of giving me the music I want to hear. Sure, there's the occasional song that I don't like, but it's no big deal to hit "skip". Slacker has audio ads, whereas Pandora does only the visual ads (none for me, because I am a paying customer)
    01-29-11 03:52 PM
    So you didn't like the XMSirius option? If you don't mind my asking how much more was it?

I finally downloaded the Pandora ap for the cell...and so far not impressed. I take it everyone is using headphones or speakers to hear the "difference".
    01-29-11 04:10 PM
    So you didn't like the XMSirius option? If you don't mind my asking how much more was it?

I finally downloaded the Pandora ap for the cell...and so far not impressed. I take it everyone is using headphones or speakers to hear the "difference".

music sounds pretty THIN without good headphones.
    01-29-11 05:25 PM
    Just started using my Curve 8520 as MP3 player recently after my iPod Nano 1st Gen died on me.
    01-29-11 05:28 PM
    Man I envy you so much
    And you should

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-29-11 10:02 PM
    I love the OS6 player.
    01-29-11 10:04 PM
    Everyday and have no issues. Love my Torch!!

04-11-11 11:53 PM
    I have 1625 songs on my media card. I also use TuneInRadio, Pandora, and Slacker (paid versions of Pandora and Slacker).
    04-11-11 11:57 PM
    I have 1625 songs on my media card. I also use TuneInRadio, Pandora, and Slacker (paid versions of Pandora and Slacker).
    I use Slacker radio as well but the app is so laggy to the point where it gets annoying. And when you put it to the background for more than 3-5 minutes, it freezes and shuts down if you click on the icon for the second time. Do you get that issue as well?

04-12-11 12:03 AM
    I use Slacker radio as well but the app is so laggy to the point where it gets annoying. And when you put it to the background for more than 3-5 minutes, it freezes and shuts down if you click on the icon for the second time. Do you get that issue as well?

No. Slacker works well for me, and I do not use it on Wi-Fi. I did sync my cached stations tonight using Wi-Fi, but I never listen on Wi-Fi.
    04-12-11 12:06 AM
    Both! Iphone and BB, but more use to the Iphone...
    04-12-11 03:19 AM
    Currently loade most albums of Pink Floyd, AC/DC, and Rolling Stones.
    04-12-11 03:30 AM
    I haven't used my BB to play music thus far.
    04-12-11 04:04 AM
    Yep, love to use it as an MP3-Player or listen to Podcasts
    04-12-11 05:28 AM
    I much prefer my iPod for music, but I have a few back-up albums on my BB just incase I forget my iPod when I'm going anywhere.
    04-12-11 06:26 AM
    Slacker here.paid version

04-12-11 07:27 AM
    I've always had an ipod but since the music players have gotten so much better on the phones in general, I hardly ever use the ipod any more. Of course, the plummeting cost on micro SD cards has helped too.

I use my BB daily to listen to music off the SD card, podcasts and streaming radio via Pandora or TuneInRadio.
    04-12-11 08:58 AM
204 ... 56789
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD