View Poll Results: What Do You Think of the New Look of the Forums?

Voters
47. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes I Like The Look of the New Forums

17 36.17%
  • No I Like the Way the Forums Looked Before

26 55.32%
  • I Don't Like This One, I Don't Like the Old One, I Want Something Else (please elaborate)

4 8.51%
    I like some of the features (like AutoSave and such), but the font makes me feel like I'm reading a 1997 Word Document; the colors are a little too bland for me to the point where it's hard to see where one thread/post starts and another ends; too much blank/empty space; text sorta just falls into the abyss of emptiness and gets lost like alphabits in a bowl of milk; smileys are too small; and I miss the Orange color scheme.

So, just wanted to take a poll.

Not intended to be hostile or anything. I do thank the CB team for working hard to improve this site and continually thank the CB team for establishing not just a great source of knowledge but a tight-knit online community.
    jweihrauch likes this.
    10-16-12 11:25 PM
    It was a bit weird at first, but I've gotten used to it. I like the all-black theme for the mobile site.
    JR A likes this.
    10-16-12 11:30 PM
    I'm a web developer, my $0.02 is that design is getting in the way of actual content here, i have 2 giant monitors, most forums i can see about 6-7 entries of a thread when a page loads, on this forum i can see 0. I'm sharing an image to show what i think the design issues are in summary, there are many more but this is basic: http://i.imgur.com/F9icK.jpg
    JR A, SPNKr, Laura Knotek and 3 others like this.
    10-16-12 11:59 PM
    I'm a web developer, my $0.02 is that design is getting in the way of actual content here, i have 2 giant monitors, most forums i can see about 6-7 entries of a thread when a page loads, on this forum i can see 0. I'm sharing an image to show what i think the design issues are in summary, there are many more but this is basic: http://i.imgur.com/F9icK.jpg
    I thought I was the only one who felt that way about the "clutter" at the top of the page.

Just as you said, it seems the form is getting in the way of function...
    10-17-12 01:30 AM
    I'm only posting from mobile now. The serif font literally gives me eyestrain, so I won't ever bother viewing or posting from a desktop PC.
    Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express
    sleepngbear and JR A like this.
    10-17-12 01:33 AM
    Serif fonts are great on print media, but sans-serif fonts are better on desktop monitors.

Why the heck is this the only Mobile Nations site with garbage fonts on the desktop version of the site? Wpcentral, Android Central and iMore all look great in a desktop PC browser.
    sleepngbear and JR A like this.
    10-17-12 01:36 AM
    Not really a fan. I own and operate a clothing website so I feel like I have some sort of knowledge and understanding of what I'm talking about. It's become a basic web design trend to not show content when you don't need to.

This top header needs to go IMO:

Do You Like the New Forums?-shot_10162012_114644_pm.jpg

Maybe I'm alone and everyone is using these features, but personally I do not care to see who the top posters, top thanks, and popular forums are every time I come to this site. It's neat info I suppose, but I just don't see the purpose of it taking up such a huge chunk of my screen on every single page I visit.

I feel like it should be into an icon you click , then unfolds if you wish to view this content. Heck even an option to hide it. Obviously you'd need to move the search function elsewhere then.
    10-17-12 01:51 AM

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	shot_10162012_114644_pm.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	26.8 KB 
ID:	123224

Maybe I'm alone and everyone is using these features, but personally I do not care to see who the top posters, top thanks, and popular forums are every time I come to this site. It's neat info I suppose, but I just don't see the purpose of it taking up such a huge chunk of my screen on every single page I visit.

I feel like it should be into an icon you click , then unfolds if you wish to view this content. Heck even an option to hide it. Obviously you'd need to move the search function elsewhere then.
    I agree. It's a lot of superfluous information.
    JR A likes this.
    10-17-12 02:03 AM
    It's because of the clutter that I started using Tapatalk.
    JR A likes this.
    10-17-12 06:02 AM
    Not really a fan. I own and operate a clothing website so I feel like I have some sort of knowledge and understanding of what I'm talking about. It's become a basic web design trend to not show content when you don't need to.

That information was also in the old format. It's simply a different look. Always been there.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    10-17-12 07:46 AM
    I love the new look. Would like color changes to display the traditional CB colours, but I love it.

10-17-12 07:48 AM
    That information was also in the old format. It's simply a different look. Always been there.

It's always been on the forums main page, but I don't think all of it was on every forum page. It's a little much, immhfo.

And I still can't get used to the serif font. My retinas are still bleeding. Look, I'm wiping the blood off the PlayBook screen even as I masterfully hack through attempting to type this on it.
    JR A likes this.
    10-17-12 08:49 AM
    I don't like the new one
    I prefer the old one, and i hope CB would come up with a new design not this one not the old one so i picked the last option
    JR A likes this.
    10-17-12 10:15 AM

So? Just because something was there before, doesn't mean it's a good idea.

My account is old, but I only started coming here again like a month ago for BB10 news, so I don't know the old layout too well.
    JR A likes this.
    10-17-12 11:52 AM
    It was a bit weird at first, but I've gotten used to it. I like the all-black theme for the mobile site.
    I'm only posting from mobile now. The serif font literally gives me eyestrain, so I won't ever bother viewing or posting from a desktop PC.
    Serif fonts are great on print media, but sans-serif fonts are better on desktop monitors.

Why the heck is this the only Mobile Nations site with garbage fonts on the desktop version of the site? Wpcentral, Android Central and iMore all look great in a desktop PC browser.

I agree. It's a lot of superfluous information.
    It's because of the clutter that I started using Tapatalk.
    It's always been on the forums main page, but I don't think all of it was on every forum page. It's a little much, immhfo.

And I still can't get used to the serif font. My retinas are still bleeding. Look, I'm wiping the blood off the PlayBook screen even as I masterfully hack through attempting to type this on it.
    I don't like the new one
    I prefer the old one, and i hope CB would come up with a new design not this one not the old one so i picked the last option

Hopefully the CrackBerry God's (Kevin/Adam) will answer our prayers!
    10-17-12 12:09 PM
    I like it. It's distinctive and original. It will take a little while to get use to the layout but I like that fact that when you are on the forum you know which one you are on. It's coming along very nicely. Good job all.
    Last edited by NFLPLAYBOOK; 10-17-12 at 12:28 PM.
    10-17-12 12:17 PM
    I didn't like it on Android Central, grew to hate it once iMore started using it, and now just can't stand it.
    I find it just way too cluttered. It's not really a pleasure to navigate on. Not just on CB.
    JR A likes this.
    10-17-12 12:28 PM
    ^ I like your avatar lol
    BreakingKayfabe likes this.
    10-17-12 06:39 PM
    I prefered the old look but what do I know, I'm old and cranky.
    JR A likes this.
    10-17-12 06:55 PM
    I hate, hate, hate it! Even worse when viewing mobile. Yes, I'm using the "black" version. Still blows. I find myself visiting with much less frequency because of it.
    JR A likes this.
    10-17-12 11:11 PM
    and now using the CB Forum App. ugh! Awful!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    JR A likes this.
    10-17-12 11:19 PM
    Anyone else get irked by that BIG advertisement at the top of EVERY page?

I know CB needs to generate revenue to stay alive, but ads didn't take up that much room on the old layout.

And the fact that every advertisement I see is a Windows 8 ad just makes me miss the "old CB" even more
    10-18-12 12:43 AM
    I like it now eh, I just had to get use to it.
    10-18-12 01:08 AM
    Anyone else experiencing double posts?
    10-18-12 03:17 PM
    Looks fine but does not fit on a 1024 x 768 screen like I use at work. Irritating. Ironically the main CB site does fit this.
    10-19-12 11:55 PM
26 12