I have Sprint, and judging by the latest version that is out and circulating on the forum (4.5...etc...), my version 4.3.something is OLD and OUTDATED! I'm really nervous to do something to wreck my phone though... it's so new, and I would hate to screw it up (especially since I have no idea what I'm doing yet). Is it really necessary to upgrade your OS frequently as they come out with new versions? Also, is there a way to get them directly from Sprint? I checked on my Browser Homepage under "Updates" and there was nothing.

Thank you again! I swear I will stop asking so many questions as soon as I get the hang of this (hopefully very soon!)!!!
    01-14-09 03:05 AM
    Necessary? No. Advisable? Yes. There are quite a few features
    that you will gain. Better memory management, HTML email, a b
    better browser, etc....

Honestly though, if you are happy with the way your device
    works, leave it be. When you are ready to upgrade there will
    be many people here to help you through the "birthing pains"

And ask whatever you like. Fairly soon you will find you are not
    the one asking the questions, but the one answering them.
    This I can personally assure you
    01-14-09 03:10 AM
    You don't HAVE too, some people just do to see how the new ones fix bugs. If you are nervous and have no complaints about your current OS, don't update

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-14-09 03:10 AM
    You don't have to, if you don't want to actually learn how to use your Blackberry to it's full potential. It's easy to do and worth the results, so you don't really have a reason NOT to do it right?
    01-14-09 03:24 AM
    I upgrade only when a carrier officially picks it up. Note that I said "a" cariier. ATT, my carrier, is very slow in adopting (approving) new OS vers.
    01-14-09 03:48 AM
    I say go for it, the folks here will bend over backwards to help you if something does go wrong.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-14-09 04:39 AM
    i have a bold on orange uk using os ver 4,6,162
    what gain would i get from uploading to a newer os and would i have to download and set up all my progs and apps again

pain in the harris not needed
    01-14-09 04:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD