You tube every night

Sent from the phone of the gods.....Z30
    Did you try the Origami browser while running the Youtube.com website through it instead of the original browser. It doesn't bring in the ads. So watching music videos is so much better.

Posted via CB10
    01-04-14 08:56 AM
    It's not so much losing money as it is about the potential. I'm a student and I love my playbook even with the slow browser.

And I can't imagine how terrible the original release must have been but as with everything I'm a late adopter so often I buy the hardware and can't understand why people won't give it a chance...again similar to the z10 I hot 40days ago.

My PlayBook for a 3yr old thing still does some fantastic work and the os is just so simple to use one cannot help but wonder how good and polished a bb10 focused And COMPLETE (seems blackberry struggles with this) pb2 would be.

Posted via CB10
    SifiGamer likes this.
    01-04-14 08:59 AM
    I use mine daily as well. I have 3 of them. 2@64GB and 1@32GB.

I use one in the truck with the Torque app as well as a previous poster stated.

I agree the browser could be faster.
    01-04-14 09:04 AM
    So, if any of you "dust collectors" have the OEM keyboard case they would like to get rid of at a reasonable price, just let me know
    01-04-14 09:28 AM
    Not much dust, but it is sitting in a drawer and hasn't been powered on for months. It's in good company though, I think there's a Palm Pre, an iPod, a couple PDAs and a Dev Alpha in that drawer. I wonder if they have parties when I'm not looking...
    That's good, I've got a couple of dozen perfectly good $200 golf clubs lying in the basement, so my $200 Playbook isn't exactly my only underused purchase.
    01-04-14 09:43 AM
    I did until last week when I gave my dust covered PlayBook to the one of the 2 folks I personally know who still rock a BlackBerry.

I won't miss it.
    01-04-14 10:25 AM
    Lol how good is the oem keyboard? Seems people on here don't want it they might as well list it up on ebay so I can buy it

Posted via CB10
    01-04-14 11:40 AM
    I see comments all the time " my playbook is collecting dust" etc. I really have to ask why? If nothing else do this! Plug the PlayBook in and HDMI connect to you large screen TV. Now sit back and control it with your BlackBerry Bridge. Watch YouTube videos, music videos etc. Basically it turns any tv into a smart tv that is better than the smart TV's themselves. You can view contents like spreadsheets, photos, emails etc right from your phone. So get out those Playbooks, learn how to use the bridge, and you will fall on love all over again. Every iphone/android user, and even BlackBerry users ask how am I controlling the tv with my phone, and they all say that is cool! And they are right!

Posted via CB10
    Well after lurking for the year (since I bought my playbook) this thread finally prompted me into signing up. No, no dust except for the thin layer accumulated over the Holidays after receiving a new Galaxy 3 7inch tablet for Christmas. It was great to finally have skype after it only made it onto my PB bucket list. I liked the sd card slot on the Samsung, and once BB10 became only a failed promise I was excited about the huge android universe exposure But.................after the shine wore off I realize what a great tab the PB really is. And as far as portability, it is simply a tank. Come wave e-phone filled the need for communication. My browsing is so much nicer using the PB and Origami Browser, as my fat fingers are always accidentally prompting the Galaxy when unintended.. Movies look better, email is better, camera is way better. Podcasts are ok. GPS works fine. I admit I'm no gamer so I don't miss angry birds or candy crush.
    Haven't yet found a good podcast site on android. My Gallaxy is now gathering dust.
    01-04-14 01:12 PM
    Mine was sold.
    01-04-14 01:29 PM
    i stil use my playbok most days whether its email,texting ,games ,reading on kindle app,etc.i have music on it as well.
    01-04-14 05:54 PM
    Do You Have a Dust Covered Playbook?-img_20131256.jpg
    See that long wire? That's my HDMI to micro HDMI. I always use this and the remote control on my Z10.

Channel: C00120F05 Gaming!
    01-04-14 08:26 PM
    Mine is used daily. My kindle is gathering dust as I do all my reading on my PlayBook. Also I never go anywhere without a micro HDMI cord as the PlayBook is my movie renting machine. It also fits perfectly in the magazine rack on my treadmill and has speakers good enough to hear movie dialog over the sound of the treadmill.

A lot of the time I still use it as my go to Web browsing device because it is small and convenient.

Paid full release price for mine. Was worth every penny.

Posted via CB10
    SifiGamer likes this.
    01-04-14 09:23 PM
    Can someone give a link to a cheap micro HDMI to HDMI for sale in Canada? My one broke.

01-05-14 02:20 AM
    get Origami Browser developed by a member here IIRC...works very well IMO

Sent from my BlackBerry 9790 using Tapatalk
    01-05-14 05:03 PM
    Can someone give a link to a cheap micro HDMI to HDMI for sale in Canada? My one broke.

I bought one from sw-box.com about a year ago for under $5.00 and it's still working great. Ships out of China and I usually choose the slow boat shipping option.
    01-05-14 05:08 PM
    My friend installed his in the front of his house, and he has another one installed in his kitchen. They're always wired in, and basically he has the outside one encased in plexi glass and it's water proof and leaves the video calling app running so you can call the other play book instead of ringing the bell.

A bit over the top, but pretty cool!

Posted via CB10
    igor10000 likes this.
    01-05-14 05:16 PM
    My friend installed his in the front of his house, and he has another one installed in his kitchen. They're always wired in, and basically he has the outside one encased in plexi glass and it's water proof and leaves the video calling app running so you can call the other play book instead of ringing the bell.

A bit over the top, but pretty cool!

Posted via CB10
    Bit over the top, but better to find a use then put them in a drawer. I have 4 units on the go all the time. 16, 32,32, and 64. Lots of productive and entertainment uses.

Posted via CB10
    SifiGamer likes this.
    01-05-14 08:54 PM
    Love the PlayBook. <3

01-06-14 12:29 PM
143 ... 456