I see comments all the time " my playbook is collecting dust" etc. I really have to ask why? If nothing else do this! Plug the PlayBook in and HDMI connect to you large screen TV. Now sit back and control it with your BlackBerry Bridge. Watch YouTube videos, music videos etc. Basically it turns any tv into a smart tv that is better than the smart TV's themselves. You can view contents like spreadsheets, photos, emails etc right from your phone. So get out those Playbooks, learn how to use the bridge, and you will fall on love all over again. Every iphone/android user, and even BlackBerry users ask how am I controlling the tv with my phone, and they all say that is cool! And they are right!

Posted via CB10
    01-02-14 09:31 AM
    Nope.

Use mine almost everyday for movies, music and surfing the web.

Z10 on Telus
    01-02-14 09:33 AM
    Mines dust covered
    01-02-14 09:34 AM
    Mine is a really fancy high resolution picture frame!

Lol

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    remmo, Rello, jasonvan9 and 2 others like this.
    01-02-14 09:36 AM
    LOL. No......but I need to charge it up.
    01-02-14 09:42 AM
    Use mine every day anyway. Not just for connecting to the TV.

2 years and still going strong. Don't really care what people think or say about it. I still love it.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    01-02-14 09:51 AM
    I have two and I use them both almost every day. One stays in the truck and that ones uses the Torque app to pull the info off the engine computer, it has all the music that's piped into the stereo and I also use Navigator as a GPS. It's a perfect size for a vehicle and swiping between apps is the ONLY way to go.

The other is used in the house for news, Video Chat, playing movies and videos on the TV as,well as making notes on small spreadsheets while reading (in books or on PlayBook ). This one also gets carried back to the workshop where it handles the music and is also great for looking up information on the Web and adding items to my Wishlist at Lee Valley Tools. I can bridge my Z10 to either and that also has a lot of advantages. I still get just as much use as the day I bought the first one.

Posted via CB10
    01-02-14 09:54 AM
    I sold mine a while back after I realized I wasn't getting much use out of it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    m1a1mg and SifiGamer like this.
    01-02-14 09:55 AM
    Used less and less every week. Couch surfing only. If it had gotten BB10 I would probably be using it more. Probably one of my lamest tech purchases.

Posted via CB10
    nyplaya610 and flyingsolid like this.
    01-02-14 10:09 AM
    Still use it everyday, but I do use it less. The browser on the Z10 is quicker, so for quick searches to answers, I use the Z. For watching video's and browsing images, the PB still gets the nod.

Would liked to have seen one final update to the browser to bring it up to par with the browser on the phones.
    ghundiraj likes this.
    01-02-14 10:15 AM
    I have two and I use them both almost every day. One stays in the truck and that ones uses the Torque app to pull the info off the engine computer, it has all the music that's piped into the stereo and I also use Navigator as a GPS. It's a perfect size for a vehicle and swiping between apps is the ONLY way to go.

The other is used in the house for news, Video Chat, playing movies and videos on the TV as,well as making notes on small spreadsheets while reading (in books or on PlayBook ). This one also gets carried back to the workshop where it handles the music and is also great for looking up information on the Web and adding items to my Wishlist at Lee Valley Tools. I can bridge my Z10 to either and that also has a lot of advantages. I still get just as much use as the day I bought the first one.

Posted via CB10
    Can you tell me what adapter you are using for the Torque app? We're interested in using this with my husband's Genesis Coupe but not sure what adapter is best.
    01-02-14 10:27 AM
    Dust the day BlackBerry 10 wasn't coming to it got a nexus 7 2nd Gen instead and much happier. Go with my z30 and it runs business and pleasure perfectly. Also don't need hdmi feature as i got a media server connected to my tv.

Posted via CB10 on my blazing fast Z30
    01-02-14 10:41 AM
    Nope, use mine daily for music and videos. Would use it more if the web browser got an update.
    Toodeurep likes this.
    01-02-14 10:50 AM
    Nope! I fire it up every time I'm installing a new leak on my Z10. It helps prevent withdrawl symptoms.
    01-02-14 11:04 AM
    I user mine quite often. If it has dust on it, it's because I need to clean the house better.
    FF22 likes this.
    01-02-14 11:06 AM
    Still using our Playbook over here. The kids use it daily to play Plants vs Zombies. I use it to read websites (I prefer it to the three iPads that I have because it renders flash sites). Try Origami web browser for anyone looking for a speed increase on the web browsing.

I'm still pretty happy with it, the form factor is good, comparable to my iPad mini. The battery is still decent after two years. I wish the Android runtime would get updated.
    rdm101 likes this.
    01-02-14 11:15 AM
    I have used mine less since getting my Z30, but I still use it along with the OEM Mini Keyboard, especially when I want to type out lengthier emails or blogs and don't want to bust out my laptop.

And for Christmas I got a bluetooth mouse that works beautifully with it, so it's that much more versatile and easy to use.

You can't use a mouse with an iPad (unless you jailbreak it).

Posted from my Z30 via CB10.
    FF22 likes this.
    01-02-14 11:17 AM
    I still use mine since it charges by the bed - got for reading news when I get up in the morning, quickly checking my mail and I sometimes watch tv shows on it.

I'm using it less now that I have a Z10 and Kindle Fire, but I still use it daily. Shame it didn't get BlackBerry 10, but can't do much about it at this point. She's dead, Jim!
    01-02-14 11:30 AM

Posted via CB10
    That is cool that you mounted one in your truck, and the fact it bridges allows for a larger screen for your BlackBerry phone while out and about.

Posted via CB10
    SifiGamer likes this.
    01-02-14 11:40 AM
    Just got done doing a new years back-up. Use it everyday. Media capabilities and speakers really shine for me!
    01-02-14 11:43 AM
    Yep. Can't find any use for it at all. Between my Z30 and my 1st generation Nexus 7 all of my mobile technology needs are covered and accounted for. Bedside mode on the Z30 even took it out as a clock on my dresser.
    01-02-14 11:53 AM
    I almost never use mine. I wish I could find a buyer. i'd let it go pretty cheap.
    01-02-14 11:57 AM
    No, I use mine often. Not every day like I used to though. I mainly use it for games (MUCH better playing on the large 7" screen over my Z10 if I have the option). I used to use mine as a large bedside clock, but my charger dock got messed up somehow and actually seems to mess up the battery, so I have to rely on the USB charger or use the quick chargers in my kids' rooms in a pinch. At work, I mostly use it for viewing twitter via Blaq. Obviously watching movies is good on the PB too, but with no UltraViolet-compatible app for the PB, I've really just used it for some of those cheap movies I've downloaded from the video store (although I did test I think Vudu's site and it seemed to play movies in the browser).

I actually just bought another 64 GB model for my son to replace his 16 GB one, since he didn't have enough space for his games and to download movies. There are just some things that tablets are better at than phones. I'd have bought a new BB10 tablet if one came out.
    01-02-14 12:05 PM
    mainly dusty since I got my Z10
    01-02-14 12:13 PM
    Bringing back Bridge functionality with my Q10 made the PlayBook special again. Hope another update improves the browser and Bridge stability. PlayBook gestures and ability to multi-task seamlessly still makes it a special tablet despite being "OLD" in the tech space.
    Carl Estes, rdm101 and SifiGamer like this.
    01-02-14 12:34 PM
143 123 ...