I have had my Tour almost a year in Nov and I've taken the trackball out to clean it once. I haven't had any other issues with the phone. It has been great. The dependability of the phone will depend on the user IE (dirty hands, wet hands, etc)
    09-30-10 08:43 AM
    I have had my Tour almost a year in Nov and I've taken the trackball out to clean it once. I haven't had any other issues with the phone. It has been great. The dependability of the phone will depend on the user IE (dirty hands, wet hands, etc)
    Exactly. I've been using my 9000 for a year and a half and have never had a problem with the trackball. But I keep it very clean, my hands are always clean, etc. My wife's Pearl had all kinds of problems. But women tend to use all sorts of creams and lotions on their hands that gunk up the trackball over time. Plus when they hold it to their faces, it gets makeup packed in there too. You can actually see the coloration in the cracks and crevices.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-30-10 09:26 AM
    I love the new trackpad, it feels so much better to use than the trackball. The trackball was noisy, and when clicking anything on it, I could never keep it from moving and selecting something else! I am glad that they decided to phase out the trackball.
    09-30-10 11:29 AM
    So far I haven't had to replace my trackball, but I like it. Then again, I've never tried a trackpad. I guess it just feels awkward to me not to have a physical scroller or joystick to use.
    09-30-10 11:34 AM
    I never had problems with the trackball on my Tour, but the trackpad on the 9800 sure is nice!

09-30-10 12:25 PM
    I never had a problem with the trackball I had on the 8310. Luckily my hands were relatively clean when I used it so no gunk would foul it up. When I switched to the 9700 I didn't miss it at all. I love the trackpad.
    09-30-10 01:32 PM
    Frankly, no. The trackpad makes navigation and clicking things so much easier.
    09-30-10 01:39 PM
    I actually prefer the trackball to the trackpad. I don't think that the trackball is much better, but I do prefer it. I have the 9000 Bold and I used to have the 9700. I liked the white trackball because it would illuminate in the dark and it was easier to see. With the trackpad, I would always think that I was swiping across it when I was really swiping across the inner parts of the menu and back buttons. The trackball also provides some tactile feedback that I like. The white trackball looks the best when its clean.

09-30-10 08:10 PM
    Aha, forgot one point, with the trackball I always made sure I had my phone in the leather pouch to make sure I didn't get dirt in it, with a trackpad I don't worry so much, I just slide the 9700 in my pocket and only use the pouch if it's raining. Which is a lot here in Ireland lol

10-01-10 01:40 AM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD