^ Serious question, folks.

Sometimes I think about my old 8330 or 9780 and miss them. I miss the practicality and the build. They were solid phones with the one exception being the Curve's trackball (I went through maybe 5).

My Q10, Z30 and DTEK50 are superior in a lot of ways. But sometimes I miss the simplicity.

BB10 had a similar feeling too but nothing was like my first two BlackBerry phones.
    Last edited by Captain Kitchener; 11-20-16 at 08:54 AM.
    acovey likes this.
    11-20-16 08:22 AM
    I do miss my 9900 Bold. That was a great phone. My first was a Curve 8330.
    11-20-16 08:30 AM
    I don't have an old BlackBerry to miss, but sometimes I do get nostalgic about my old Sidekick 3, my first smartphone, even though my Classic is better in every way.
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    11-20-16 08:39 AM
    I had a 9900 for work years ago. I never really liked it, tbh. But the phone itself was buggy and probably should have been replaced. I know many people who loved theirs.
    11-20-16 08:48 AM
    I had a 9900 for work years ago. I never really liked it, tbh. But the phone itself was buggy and probably should have been replaced. I know many people who loved theirs.
    Sound like you just had a bad phone. I loved that phone. Never had any issues.
    11-20-16 08:53 AM
    Bought a unopened AT&T Bold 9900 off eBay a week ago. Still great by today's standards excepts screen size. Still my favorite phone I ever had. Took some time to configure properly, due to lack of remembering things from 6 years ago and lack of knowing today's methods. Ultimately I kept running into a Gmail issue. All other email accounts worked fine. Couldn't get Gmail loaded. Probably didn't spend enough time trouble shooting. I know Gmail Security was blocking it as an unknown device, but even after verifying I still couldn't get Gmail to work. I would still highly recommend grabbing one if you have a chance. There I'm sure is a way and I just need to do some more trouble shooting when I have time.
    11-20-16 09:58 AM
    Bought a unopened AT&T Bold 9900 off eBay a week ago. Still great by today's standards excepts screen size. Still my favorite phone I ever had. Took some time to configure properly, due to lack of remembering things from 6 years ago and lack of knowing today's methods. Ultimately I kept running into a Gmail issue. All other email accounts worked fine. Couldn't get Gmail loaded. Probably didn't spend enough time trouble shooting. I know Gmail Security was blocking it as an unknown device, but even after verifying I still couldn't get Gmail to work. I would still highly recommend grabbing one if you have a chance. There I'm sure is a way and I just need to do some more trouble shooting when I have time.
    I remember seeing the Gmail problem when configuring a curve for a friend. In Gmail settings (on website) there is an option somewhere to allow old clients with low security. By default it's set to not allow. Once you change that option you should be able to get Gmail working.

Posted via CB10
    11-20-16 10:07 AM
    I remember seeing the Gmail problem when configuring a curve for a friend. In Gmail settings (on website) there is an option somewhere to allow old clients with low security. By default it's set to not allow. Once you change that option you should be able to get Gmail working.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks...yeah. Tried that. Still didn't work. That said I found an article where someone recently as a month ago went to a google account link and was able to disable something with a 10 minute to get his 9900 setup. Looked like many others did the same. You can search here or on Google "why can't I get Gmail on my 9900"
    11-20-16 10:32 AM
    In my opinion the 9900 is still a brilliant phone, I still use mine alternate months with my Q10.
    11-20-16 10:50 AM
    Not really, no.

Not even the Passport.
    cribble2k likes this.
    11-20-16 10:54 AM
    Not really, no.

Not even the Passport.
    Well I guess that's an answer. Haha
    11-20-16 12:36 PM
    Still using my 9900... Nothing to miss... Lol.
    11-20-16 12:50 PM
    I miss my old curve! When I was using it; I thought it was the bees knees. I think it was the trackpad that I liked so much about it. If I had a couple of hundred pound to burn I'd buy the Classic to see if the trackpad experience matches up the old BBOS.

PP SE - 10.3.2.2876/SR .2836  < α∂∂ι�т > 
    11-20-16 12:58 PM
    I have the DTEK50 and it is a very good all touch device. That being said my main SIM (two lines) remains in my Classic. For me and my business needs nothing yet matches it's ability to manage emails, message, call and do what I need my mobile device to do. It's PKB, track pad and tool belt is bliss and I really prefer it's size and form factor. I have even been using my Passport more and appreciating it's speed, reading size, build quality and form factor. And outside of ease of some apps (that I don't really use day to day on my mobile phone) I still prefer BlackBerry 10. I have a Samsung Tab Pro 10.1 and new Kindle Fire 8 in tablets for entertainment and news reading preference.

The White Knight-BlackBerry Passport
    11-20-16 01:13 PM
    It cracks me up how people argue about this subject. "BB10 is dead". "BB10 is better than everything else out there". Blah. Blah.
    Use what you like and what works for YOU because chances are, deep down, nobody else really cares.
    cribble2k and john_v like this.
    11-20-16 01:38 PM
    ^ Serious question, folks.

Sometimes I think about my old 8330 or 9780 and miss them. I miss the practicality and the build. They were solid phones with the one exception being the Curve's trackball (I went through maybe 5).

My Q10, Z30 and DTEK50 are superior in a lot of ways. But sometimes I miss the simplicity.

BB10 had a similar feeling too but nothing was like my first two BlackBerry phones.
    I do miss my curve. It was a great phone.
    11-20-16 02:03 PM
    I miss my old curve! When I was using it; I thought it was the bees knees. I think it was the trackpad that I liked so much about it. If I had a couple of hundred pound to burn I'd buy the Classic to see if the trackpad experience matches up the old BBOS.

PP SE - 10.3.2.2876/SR .2836  < α∂∂ι�т > 
    Single handed friendly toolbelt makes Classic the best of BB10, imo. The best most recent handset of ANY platform, imo. Second only to the best of BBOS... 9900.

Classic's trackpad lacks some of BBOS's evolutionary refinement but it's about 85% of 9900's ... And that's pretty darned good!
    bh7171 and acovey like this.
    11-20-16 02:22 PM
    I found my 2 Torch BBs (one bricked & one with SIM adapter remnants stuck in sim slot) in a drawer & I wish I could revive them somehow
    11-20-16 02:28 PM
    It cracks me up how people argue about this subject. "BB10 is dead". "BB10 is better than everything else out there". Blah. Blah.
    Use what you like and what works for YOU because chances are, deep down, nobody else really cares.
    Why do you care who cares?
    acovey likes this.
    11-20-16 02:33 PM
    Never owned a BlackBerry before bb10. I am a bit of a tech junkie. And while looking for a tablet stumbled upon the PlayBook. Then stared to research found out about the upcoming bb10. And bought one after they came out.

#luvmybb10os
    11-20-16 02:49 PM
    Why do you care who cares?
    Didn't you read what I said? It cracks me up!
    11-20-16 02:53 PM
    Thanks...yeah. Tried that. Still didn't work. That said I found an article where someone recently as a month ago went to a google account link and was able to disable something with a 10 minute to get his 9900 setup. Looked like many others did the same. You can search here or on Google "why can't I get Gmail on my 9900"
    I'll see if I can get the phone back today and check if there is anything else I did to make it work... or if it just doesn't work anymore.

Posted via CB10
    11-20-16 02:54 PM
    Yep, but as soon as I try to use it, it crashes -,- Z10 Limited Edition :P
    11-20-16 06:53 PM
    I have the DTEK50 and it is a very good all touch device. That being said my main SIM (two lines) remains in my Classic. For me and my business needs nothing yet matches it's ability to manage emails, message, call and do what I need my mobile device to do. It's PKB, track pad and tool belt is bliss and I really prefer it's size and form factor. I have even been using my Passport more and appreciating it's speed, reading size, build quality and form factor. And outside of ease of some apps (that I don't really use day to day on my mobile phone) I still prefer BlackBerry 10. I have a Samsung Tab Pro 10.1 and new Kindle Fire 8 in tablets for entertainment and news reading preference.

The White Knight-BlackBerry Passport
    I never owned a Classic. I actually regret not picking one up now.
    bh7171 likes this.
    11-20-16 09:06 PM
    Yeah. I miss 9900 very much. I miss there are many guys using BlackBerry devices. So when I have any issue with my phone, I can find a way to resolve it. So miss it!

Posted via CB10 with passport SE.
    11-21-16 01:13 AM
62 123