I wanted to know if anyone uses their blackberry while driving or at a red light, in bumper to bumper traffic etc

I do use the blackberry when I'm in bumper to bumper traffic and I'm just sitting there or if I'm at a delayed red light.

How about the rest of you?

Gia
    07-05-07 07:12 PM
    Yes if I am stopped in traffic I will read & answer email, won't look at it if I'm moving though LOL.
    07-05-07 08:15 PM
    I must admit *sheepish look on face* that I do use more CrackBerry while driving...I know, I know...sorry!
    07-05-07 09:02 PM
    Yes if I am stopped in traffic I will read & answer email, won't look at it if I'm moving though LOL.
    Same here.
    07-07-07 03:10 AM
    (raises hand) Guilty.

I've been driving down the road, one hand on the wheel, one hand thumbing text into the BB.
    07-07-07 01:58 PM
    Yap, guilty as charged I wish I could say 100% I only look when I'm completely stopped in traffic however, that isn't entirely true. Extremely foolish - I am on a mission to look only when stopped. However, I notice (and it happens to me), that people become distracted while reading and then the person behind them is honking for them to go - don't they realize we have to finish that BB IM message or email?! I know, I know...kidding......
    07-07-07 02:09 PM
    i have to fess up i hit the crack while driving also..it keeps callin me.
    07-09-07 08:28 AM
    yeager4130, that's hilarious!

I from time to time do it, too. Albeit no where as much as I use to! Plus, I NEVER do it if I have other people in the car...
    07-09-07 08:30 AM
    I don't care who's in the car with me.When the berry call the berry calls.only time i pull over to check a message is when the ringtone of (my wife's voice sayin you have a email)I even gotten a ticket for usin the crack at a stop light.
    07-09-07 09:05 AM
    I'm guilty of checking email, messenging, and placing calls while driving. It's pretty hard to type while driving so I keep the sentences shorter, but if I'm at a stop light I do the flight of the bumblebee with my thumbs to shoot out tons of text to person I'm responding to. Personally, I think I can type pretty quick on the BB, so that teenage girl that won the SMSing speed competition better watch out!
    07-09-07 09:49 AM
    YES, same for me, red lights, stopped in bumper-2-bumper, etc.
    I dont use it much for PHONE CALLS unless I have a bluetooth headset on, in which case I am comfortable making calls while driving!
    07-09-07 10:07 PM
    If my son is in the car with me, I will have him check the message for me. If I am alone, sometimes at a stoplight I will send a quick reply.
    Just yesterday I made a new auto-text - ppp translates to - Driving, will reply soon. I drive a 6speed and I am not skilled enough to text and shift at the same time.
    07-10-07 11:22 AM
    I'm guilty of checking email, messenging, and placing calls while driving. It's pretty hard to type while driving so I keep the sentences shorter, but if I'm at a stop light I do the flight of the bumblebee with my thumbs to shoot out tons of text to person I'm responding to. Personally, I think I can type pretty quick on the BB, so that teenage girl that won the SMSing speed competition better watch out!
    cool they have an smsing speed competition? thats awesome! i wanna try out for that lol... im pretty fast without the regular qwerty keyboard, but with it im even faster.. lol that would be cool
    07-13-07 02:07 AM
    Here's an article about the 13 year old girl that won it.

13-year-old Morgan Pozgar wins texting championship - Apr. 23, 2007

She had a text message speed of 42 seconds for a 151 character phrase.
    Maybe it's just me, but that 42 seconds sounds kind of slow for only a sentence around 150 characters. I'm sure the next competition they have will be very fierce.
    07-13-07 08:00 AM
    im guilty...

the blackberry really doesnt leave my hands all that often....i text/email/pin/IM/whatever while driving...

ive gotten really good at it too LOL
    07-13-07 09:19 AM
    I'm guilty, especially when I'm alone. I reply to email and text while driving as carefully as I can !

SammyB
    07-17-07 09:07 AM
    I'm guilty of both but I'm trying my best to only do it at read lights.
    07-17-07 09:17 AM
    I may answer a text message when at a stop light, but I use this program ready words for blackberry that insert sentences that you would normally use making sms a snap.

It is rather cool program, you create the sentence and it has categories that you can select from and use the prewritten sentences and hit enter and it releive you of typing, so when the light changes you would not have people blowing their horns or yelling those nice words we like to here for being on your BB. lol
    Last edited by outlawglamour; 07-17-07 at 09:34 AM.
    07-17-07 09:31 AM
    Since I'm in bumper to bumper traffic most of the time driving home, I get about 25-50 e-mails sent out on the way home, read RSS feeds, txt, etc. I've done this for years and my BB is always at the top of the steering wheel while I'm typing with one hand and can see the road as well as what I'm typing while I'm driving. I've done it while cop's where driving next to me and behind me and never had an issue.
    07-17-07 09:32 AM
    Since I'm in bumper to bumper traffic most of the time driving home, I get about 25-50 e-mails sent out on the way home, read RSS feeds, txt, etc. I've done this for years and my BB is always at the top of the steering wheel while I'm typing with one hand and can see the road as well as what I'm typing while I'm driving. I've done it while cop's where driving next to me and behind me and never had an issue.
    Finally a glimpse of hope that I am not an insane crackberry addict.
    07-17-07 11:07 AM
    I do all of the above but its ok I have cruise control.
    07-24-07 11:36 PM
    I do too, but I am very aware that Police over here are clamping down on drivers who use their mobey BB or smartphones!
    Its dangerous too as a young girl over here has discovered, she knocked someone down while texting her partner!
    Take note guys & be careful!
    07-25-07 04:02 AM
    Lolz, I'm driving right now!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-25-07 08:31 AM
    We have a few cities that have laws about txt'ing while driving and last night I was pulled over by a cop and as he went to write me up for it, I showed him that I wasn't txt messaging and that I was replying to an e-mail. The 2 are COMPLETELY different and he let me go. I think he was more confused then anything.
    07-25-07 08:39 AM
    Only at a stoplight, but absolutely then.
    07-25-07 09:47 AM
123 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD