Being that the berry is moisture sensitive, I'm wondering if any of you all bother to disinfect it. You know its got to get nasty with all the hand and mouth contact. I wipe it down with some Clorox wipes but I try not to get it to wet. I don't scrub like I want to because I don't to damage it.

What do you all do?
    07-06-08 02:21 PM
    I use anti-Static wipes, the ones you use on computer screens and office telephones.

I dislike how greasy the screen can become.
    07-06-08 02:31 PM
    OK now this ridiculous "addiction" thing
    has drifted into the the realm of total absurdity.
    07-06-08 02:34 PM
    Never disinfected it but I wipe it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-06-08 02:37 PM
    not really. i like the way a new phone feels...i clean my bb almost everyday with a little rubbing alchohol. it gets the oils off and makes the phone feel like new again. i do that with all my phones..land and cell...but only the bb gets it almost daily. the others once a month or so.
    07-06-08 02:44 PM
    All I can say is WOW!!
    07-06-08 02:45 PM
    Don't have to. I am constantly washing my hands & no one but me touches my phone.
    07-06-08 02:46 PM
    All I can say is WOW!!
    ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!
    Here's another WOW!!
    Maybe they're just caught up in the new phone frenzy....
    07-06-08 02:47 PM
    I am no where "addicted" to the BB as some. All this is good hygiene. I guess you don't wash your hands after you wipe your *$$?
    07-06-08 02:48 PM
    Guilty as charged. I wipe mine down with lysol every few days or on the rare occasion that I let somebody other than me use my BlackBerry�

07-06-08 02:49 PM
    Then you would have guessed wrong.
    Sorry, thanks for playing
    07-06-08 02:52 PM
    Then you would have guessed wrong.
    Sorry, thanks for playing
    I just thought it was fairly normal to clean/disinfect ones phone or BB. Peoples hands touch so much for example and that stuff gets transfered to the BB.

No big deal.
    07-06-08 03:08 PM
    You are right, it is no big deal. My hands I wash
    constantly, my phone I simply don't worry about.
    Sorry if we got off on the wrong foot there.
    07-06-08 03:10 PM
    I wipe off the screen from time to time and wipe off the BB where it needs it.
    07-06-08 03:13 PM
    I'm amazed at how many people are full of sarcasm and rudeness here.

To the OP, I don't usually wipe it down too much, but every now and then I clean the screen. I don't see anything wrong with it. When I had a home phone I kept it clean as well.
    07-06-08 03:15 PM
    You are right, it is no big deal. My hands I wash
    constantly, my phone I simply don't worry about.
    Sorry if we got off on the wrong foot there.
    I apologize as well
    07-06-08 03:17 PM
    I am equally amazed with the number of people that think they
    can glean intent from written words.
    07-06-08 03:18 PM
    I am equally amazed with the number of people that think they
    can glean intent from written words.
    It's called assuming.
    07-06-08 03:26 PM

To the OP, I don't usually wipe it down too much, but every now and then I clean the screen. I don't see anything wrong with it. When I had a home phone I kept it clean as well.
    It seems since the crowd is gathering on the site, it's getting a little heavy with fellow addicted BB users. Personally, I expect all types of threads here especially those that are the constant" I'm addicited" ,"I love this phone", " OMG this phone" and the rest exited newbies that have to post and share they're enjoyment.

There have been a few threads that I have seen that either didn't make since to me or was the same question over and over again. I just choose not to post on that thread rather than post my judgement on it. But it's also an open forum and everyone is entitled to his or her opinion. But why shoot a member in the foot for asking a question?

As far as your question General Lee, I don't have to clean mine cause BlackBerry owners are very clean and I only allow fellow BlackBerry owners to use my phone.
    07-06-08 03:57 PM
    IMHO if I find the need to disinfect my phone frequently, then I must be neglecting my own personal hygiene. Which leaves to wonder if we are Elevating a phone, which I consider a Tool, albeit a good tool, too high on the totem pole.
    Just my $0.02 worth.

07-06-08 04:18 PM
    It seems since the crowd is gathering on the site, it's getting a little heavy with fellow addicted BB users. Personally, I expect all types of threads here especially those that are the constant" I'm addicited" ,"I love this phone", " OMG this phone" and the rest exited newbies that have to post and share they're enjoyment.

There have been a few threads that I have seen that either didn't make since to me or was the same question over and over again. I just choose not to post on that thread rather than post my judgement on it. But it's also an open forum and everyone is entitled to his or her opinion. But why shoot a member in the foot for asking a question?

As far as your question General Lee, I don't have to clean mine cause BlackBerry owners are very clean and I only allow fellow BlackBerry owners to use my phone.
    But of course.
    07-06-08 04:22 PM
    If I'm bored, I'll wipe it down with my shirt sleeve or something, but I haven't disinfected it.

However, the screen has to stay smudge-free. It's been like that with any phone I've had. I like clean screens. Lol.
    07-06-08 04:27 PM
    Hey thats a really good point
    07-06-08 07:17 PM
    no matter how clean one is, your skin will still get oily, sweaty, etc....and that gets on your phone.
    07-06-08 07:23 PM
    Of course. I'm a clean freak

07-06-08 07:28 PM
45 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD