View Poll Results: flash usb thumb drive, or just stor on micro sd on BB?

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • jump drive flash thumb drive thingy

16 53.33%
  • micro sd card on BB

14 46.67%
    do you folks use your bb to store docs and adobe files?

I have about 100 pages of stuff I need access to, I carry them on a seperate flash drive

I was thinking of just putting it on my 8gb micro card in my 8320

what do you do?
    10-06-09 11:28 PM
    I carry my important files still on a flash drive. I think it's a lot easier to access this way.
    10-06-09 11:31 PM
    I use my Berry but sometimes think it may be easier to go back to my flash drive so I dont have to carry my USB cable with me. But both are just as easy to use
    10-06-09 11:32 PM
    Flash Drive. There are files that by law I have to secure. My
    flash drive employs biometrics.
    10-06-09 11:38 PM
    Flash drive.
    10-06-09 11:40 PM
    I use my flash drive for day-to-day stuff, but I keep backups on important stuff on my Berry's SD card so that I'll ALWAYS have it.
    10-07-09 12:14 AM
    I've started to use the BB more and more to move files from home to work and back again. I need a BT on the work computer to make it more transparent and not need the cable. I do wish I would not need to confirm filenames/etc for BT to work, though as well as not having to initiate on both sides.
    10-07-09 12:27 AM
    I carry a flashdrive with all my computer repair tools on it as well as personal files. I use the BB from time to time.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-07-09 10:03 AM
    I just carry a microSD to USB dongle and use that. The 8900 has a hot swappable media card so it's no trouble to pop it in and out and use it as a flash drive.
    10-07-09 10:13 AM
    Important stuff on a flash drive.

I do however put my backups on my memory card.
    10-07-09 12:22 PM
    I don't carry a flash drive, and I've got most of my work files on my SD card in my BB for quick reference. I do alot of stuff with sales, so if I need to access a price sheet I can just pull it up on Docs To Go, or if there's a file that I need to send to someone it makes it really quick to just e-mail it from my BB.
    10-07-09 12:30 PM
    I don't carry a flash drive, and I've got most of my work files on my SD card in my BB for quick reference. I do alot of stuff with sales, so if I need to access a price sheet I can just pull it up on Docs To Go, or if there's a file that I need to send to someone it makes it really quick to just e-mail it from my BB.
    I do that to... I'd bet we all do as much work on our Berries as is feasable, but I infered that the question was:
    "What do you use to transfer files from one machine to another, a flash drive or your Berry with MicroSD?"
    10-07-09 02:34 PM
    Uh don't you need the bb deskto manager installed for he proper drivers? I've never been able to access mass storage on acompiter wo bbdm

10-07-09 02:40 PM
    Uh don't you need the bb deskto manager installed for he proper drivers? I've never been able to access mass storage on acompiter wo bbdm

No...?
    In "Mass Storage Mode", the SD card on the Berry does just that. Acts like a standard "Mass Storage Device" aka Flash drive, and uses Windows' built in drivers.

I've used it successfully on WinXP, Win7, and WinCE5.0, and I haven't needed to have DM installed on any of them.
    I only have DM on one of my computers for backups and OS updates. That's it.
    10-07-09 05:02 PM
    SD card, mainly because I don't have a flash drive but I don't need one with at least 3 gigs free on my phone all the time. I've got all kinds of files saved on there.

EDIT: Also agree with smnc, you should be able to access the drive via mass storage mode on any windows based pc... I think.
    10-07-09 05:37 PM
    I just use the 8GB microSDHC in my Blackberry. I got the BB so I had LESS stuff to carry around.
    10-07-09 05:40 PM
    I can't hook flash drives or berries up to our computers at work, so neither.
    10-07-09 05:48 PM
    I have a super-small USB flash drive on my key ring, it's hardly any bigger than a fingernail. I tend to use that when with a client rather than my 16GB microSD just because I find it too complicated to always bring a USB cable along.

On the same token: would I need extra software on the BB to connect to a computer via Bluetooth? I haven't tried this yet because I don't have bluetooth on any of my PCs.

This would seem like a good alternative to dragging cables around. Then again not everybody has a PC or laptop with built-in bluetooth. Like me.
    10-07-09 06:57 PM
    I use the microSD card and SyncToy 2.0 on the PC. SyncToy is a free Microsoft utility that keeps the files on the BlackBerry in synch with the files on the PC. It works seamlessly.

10-07-09 07:06 PM
    I use my BlackBerry card all the time. I also have a flash drive, but I always forget it.

10-07-09 07:33 PM
    I carry both of them. Some things don't need to be on the Bold. As an IT guy I put a lot of stuff I need quick access to on the usb flash drive.

In some cases it is good to have on both in case something gets lost or wiped.
    10-07-09 07:37 PM
    I use both, but mostly my flash drive. I have too many things to bak up for my 8GB card in my BB. I do use my BB, though, when I have smaller items to save, or need files in a hurry and it is a pain to drag out the laptop.
    10-07-09 07:43 PM
    sd card.... damn thing is full tho...so i think i might just change over
    10-07-09 08:07 PM
    I gotta have a flash drive. The BB isn't designed to double as a flash drive. It would be cool if it had a feature built into the OS that you could easily browse what's on the SD card in the phone.
    10-07-09 11:26 PM
    16gb flash drive that i wear hidden around my neck. and a 4gb drive on my car keys.

16gb = holds files, and programs that can repair just about any computer.

4gb = is my snipe drive... little app i made that will grab certain files off a computer without loading any screens
    10-07-09 11:45 PM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD