10-31-09 09:51 AM
34 12
tools
    Just wandering how many people bought a blackberry because they had to, for the need of instant push emails or IM? I don't think I would have bought a blackberry if I wouldn't have started my wee business.
    So glad that I did now and so far I am more then happy to put up with some of it's shortcomings.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-30-09 07:35 PM
    I bought my bb because I was eligible for an upgrade and it was either a iphone or a bb , obviously I bought the jav mainly because of its keypad and the high res
    10-30-09 07:42 PM
    Wanted to. Got rid of my htc diamond for it. Not going back

10-30-09 07:44 PM
    Bought my first one because I wanted to. Bought my second one because Wifey wanted one. If they don't do something with this OS soon, I promise you that I will never buy another!
    10-30-09 07:47 PM
    Every phone I've ever owned had shortcomings. I am on my 3rd BB now (8300 > 8310 > 8900) and while it may have some minor shortcomings, I have always loved how it just works. I had numerous Windows Mobile phones that took a week's worth of hacking just to make the UI friendly. Don't even get me started on the lock ups and restarts. I've played with the iPhone, but that's all it seems to be, a toy, IMHO. Can't foresee leaving BB.
    10-30-09 07:55 PM
    Every phone I've ever owned had shortcomings. I am on my 3rd BB now (8300 > 8310 > 8900) and while it may have some minor shortcomings, I have always loved how it just works. I had numerous Windows Mobile phones that took a week's worth of hacking just to make the UI friendly. Don't even get me started on the lock ups and restarts. I've played with the iPhone, but that's all it seems to be, a toy, IMHO. Can't foresee leaving BB.
    You guys really need to stop with the whole iphone/toy thing. I've never owned an iphone but I will acknowledge that it is one helluva device, and quite honestly if BB ran anywhere nearly as smoothly, we would all be a lot happier!!
    10-30-09 07:58 PM
    Had many dump phone before, and get rid of texting on these things. IM, e-mail, SMS, web, all you need is on this phone, i'll never go back. First bought a pearl, got my storm and nw my Tour, it,s so addicting:P
    Last edited by Galouchéé; 10-30-09 at 08:04 PM.
    10-30-09 08:01 PM
    Untill there's a real alternative to rim's push email I can't buy anything else. I don't get many work emails but the ones I get, I have to get them really fast and then reply really to them really fast.

10-30-09 08:10 PM
    I got my own personal BlackBerry Flip because I wanted:
    • Flip Phone
    • UMA calling
    • Internet & Email
    • Tethering
    • Multimedia
    • Downloadable Software

As soon as I saw the piano black 8220, I knew I had to have it. Were it not for the BB 8220, I would have the Nokia 7510. Tablet and candy bar phones are not my style.
    10-30-09 08:11 PM
    You guys really need to stop with the whole iphone/toy thing.
    Why do I need to stop? I'm entitled to my opinion.

My brother-in-law is Macophite and he even is tired of his iPhone already. His wife sold hers and got the 8900 and bought an iTouch to play with.
    10-30-09 08:20 PM
    Want far more than a need. I'm far from a "corporate" guy. I work on houses and do part time photography so no business email for me.

It all honesty it's a kicka$$ device. I've only been a BB user for around a month and I love it and probably won't go back to a dumbphone anytime soon. The IPhone was an option, but it's just too "trendy" for me. You don't see a lot of BB's around here...and I like that.
    10-30-09 08:23 PM
    Why do I need to stop? I'm entitled to my opinion.

My brother-in-law is Macophite and he even is tired of his iPhone already. His wife sold hers and got the 8900 and bought an iTouch to play with.
    Lol, I convinced my wife to get a blackberry(she got a pink pearl) and now I couldn't change even if I wanted to

10-30-09 08:23 PM
    Neither want or need. Cost

8100 - $29.99 (New)
    8310 - Free (Upgrade)
    9000 - Free (Gift)
    8900 - $7.00 (Wirefly)

Total cost for all 4 - $36.99

FWIW, the Bold was destroyed. The 8100 and 8310 were donated
    to members of this site whose phones had crapped out.
    10-30-09 08:34 PM
    I'm not saying BB's aren't wonderful phones (slow *** OS not withstanding!), but you trivialize the argument by sounding like jealous children when you call the iphone a "toy". Like it or not, it is the standard by which all smartphones are compared.
    10-30-09 08:46 PM
    You guys really need to stop with the whole iphone/toy thing. I've never owned an iphone but I will acknowledge that it is one helluva device, and quite honestly if BB ran anywhere nearly as smoothly, we would all be a lot happier!!
    Its funny to me that you posted that. I work for a parts store called Spradlin Auto Imports, and we have a service department. The guy who runs the service end of things is getting rid of his 3Gs for two reasons 1) its to much of a toy and 2) he needs a grown up phone. His words not mine.

But to answer the question. I bout my 8100 because I "wanted to be cool" and own a BB, I bought my 8900 because I wanted a full keyboard with wi-fi and it just so happened that my upgrade fell the same day I upgraded to it. I will be buying the 9700 but unless something is done with the OS and user options / memory managment it'll be my last.

10-30-09 08:47 PM
    Because I could afford honestly and I will never own anything but~

10-30-09 11:01 PM
    Got it because I want to, but use it both private and professionally. I like the OS (for my needs). I'm an avid WM user due to the depth, but do like a candy bar style non-touch device as well. I'm liking the incremental upgrades with 4.6 and 5.0 so far. I'll be getting the 9700 soon as my 2nd fulltime BB. Do have a 8700 as backup.

10-30-09 11:05 PM
    It is mainly a want in which I convince myself I need
    10-30-09 11:21 PM
    I bought my first blackberry *curve 8300 2 years ago* when I went through a Nokia N75, 2x Razr2 because the phones all had physical problems and either shut off or dropped calls constantly. Now the BB has not been perfect but the 8300, 8310 and my 9000 Bold all have been great, they do have their issues but nothing like the phones I have had in the past before blackberry phones. At a previous job, I had gotten a palm *horrible* and I was not impressed by the iPhone either. Now Android is sparking my interest but I use my blackberry for personal, work and business e-mails and I am very happy with it.. So it is more I bought into blackberry and overall I am impressed with where I have service compared to other phones I have had.

Cheers,
    Charlie
    10-30-09 11:39 PM
    Def. because I want to. Do use it for work sometimes, but gotta say I never thought I'd be this addicted to a "cell phone." Got my 1st BB Pearl 8130 2 1/2 yrs. ago, and upgraded to a Tour(only had 1 since day 1! Lucky) a few months ago. Have converted a half dozen more friends/co-workers to get BBs and they love em too.
    10-31-09 12:04 AM
    I bought my first BlackBerry(Curve 8330) because I wanted one. I'm a nurse and don't need it for business but it's nice to have up-to-date drug reference(epocrates) information available to me at the drop of a hat! I've since upgraded to a Storm2 and LOVE it!! Verizon's network is the BEST in my area and I couldn't be happier with their selection of smartphones, even if they don't have the iPhone(yet)!
    10-31-09 03:29 AM
    Bought my BB by pure chouce. Paid way too much for the best device I could find that day. Had enough of dumb phones, wanted a qwerty keyboard, and real surfung and e-mail functions. Where else but BB?

10-31-09 07:27 AM
    Bought mine because I wanted to, I problaby would never go back to using a non-smartphone device.
    10-31-09 08:12 AM
    I got a BB because the MotoQ I had was not working good Windows os 5.Now that I have one I am glad I did .I don't have to have email but I'm spoiled now being able to receive email just like text messages.
    My phone has nothing to do with my job ,I just like the high tech phones over the dumb phones .The many ways to be able to be contacted other then phone or text messages ,(BBM,email) are a added bonus.

10-31-09 08:19 AM
    I wanted the bb, I am glad I upgraded for both myself and my wife

10-31-09 08:20 AM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD